Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

E-Mail to Otis

Just sent:

"Otis, on behalf of all Magic fans, living and dead, why is Garrity coming off the bench ahead of (and more than) Ariza?"

Just sent:

"Otis, on behalf of all Magic fans, living and dead, why is Garrity coming off the bench ahead of (and more than) Ariza?"

Still won't complain about Ariza yet. Stan the Man wants players to hold offensive/defensive traits. ...Ariza and JJ are opposites so I recommend they help one another.

More like Otis get us a big man.

Hedo and Lewis cant start pf, and you expect us to win the division.

Hedo need to come off the bench to bring scoring and leadership to that group.

I still can't believe Garrity is getting burn. Does anyone know that web-site that measures a player's overall effect (+ or -) on a game? Comparing Hollinger's "PER" stats over the last 3 years, Ariza's numbers were 16.27, 11.83, 13.32 to Garrity's numbers of 6.38, 9.05, 9.15. IT IS RIDICULOUS ARIZA ISN'T PLAYING MORE!!! It is even more ridiculous that Ariza is getting benched for Garrity.

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

I still can't believe Garrity is getting burn. Does anyone know that web-site that measures a player's overall effect (+ or -) on a game? Comparing Hollinger's "PER" stats over the last 3 years, Ariza's numbers were 16.27, 11.83, 13.32 to Garrity's numbers of 6.38, 9.05, 9.15. IT IS RIDICULOUS ARIZA ISN'T PLAYING MORE!!! It is even more ridiculous that Ariza is getting benched for Garrity.

you must be thinking of nba.com

or yahoo.com?

cbssportsline.com too

quote:
Originally posted by RoBo2002:

Garrity must bring Stan his coffee and donuts every morning

Brian Hill is green with envy. On the bright side you guys could save up the money that you spend on new clipboards to buy another big man next season.

Best of luck.

And Garrity getting more PT is ridiculous. I have Ariza in a fantasy league and I really have to consider dropping him.

quote:
Originally posted by O-dub:

Still won't complain about Ariza yet. Stan the Man wants players to hold offensive/defensive traits. ...Ariza and JJ are opposites so I recommend they help one another.

This may explain why Ariza & JJ aren't playing, but it doesn't explain why Garrity is.

I think the reason Garrity plays is because believe it or not he ours backup PF. I consider Foyle our backup center because it seems the times Howard sits he's in. So if Foyle is playing center and now comes a time where you have to rest Lewis or turk or maybe both of them at the same time you have the choice of Augustine, Gortat and Outlaw(if they even dress), Ariza or Garrity. Now you could leave say leave turk in the game and keep him at pf and bring in Ariza which I would be fine with I guess or you can bring in a little bit of a bigger guy for the most part that has spent the majority of his career at pf(giving up career numbers to guys like Corliss Williamson might I add)and can shoot the three ball(sometimes).

Basically we are thin up front we don't have a good option to start at PF so you can't be to surprised that Garrity is getting minutes there off the bench.