Sign in to follow this  
30Assists

So who...

I love Turk, I have never wanted to trade him.

Turk has shown that he can put up 20+ pts a night.

BUT...its one game. Lets wait to call him a 20+ player for a few more games guys.

But hey, I love the enthusiasim!

TheGodfather

I'm not ready to say that Turk is a 20pt per game guy either. I know he is very capable of putting up 20 on any given night but the 15 to 17 pt per game range is a little more likely.

Right... he isn't a 20ppg guy YET.

But given the summer he had playing for Turkey, given SVG, and given his proclamation that he is finally over the turk-o-flu, I feel like he might turn the corner and quit being a "streak" shooter and gain some scoring consistency.

Turk struggled last year because he had the flu every other game. And of course Brian Hill

But in a free offense he should play great. And with the focus being on Shard and Dwight he will take alot of teams by surprise

quote:
Originally posted by richnba:

Turk struggled last year because he had the flu every other game. And of course Brian Hill

But in a free offense he should play great. And with the focus being on Shard and Dwight he will take alot of teams by surprise

Exactly. He needs to take some vaccines and stay healthy. Being consistent is another thing. If Turk can stay consistent, and his shot doesn't disappear and reappear on us every 2 months, then we truely have a potent 3 man tandem. Turk has the talent to be a 20ppg scorer, there's no doubt about that. He reminds of Dirk Nowitzki a little. He can shoot the ball, put the ball on the ground, and he's got a pretty decent back to the basket game when he has the size advantage. Turk just needs to play aggressive, every night, and stay confident.

With Dwight and Shard taking up all the attention from opponents, Turk can be extremely dangerous, as it showed last night. He needs to take advantage of this, and if he does, we'll be stronger than expected.

I personally see Hedo scoring 17 a game. Hopefully he keeps it up.

i think turk will have a better year this year,having shard here will probly take some pressure off turk to score and now he can just relax and play ball.

GO MAGIC!!!!!!

his real problem is that he always force the shoots like he is 7'1" n 300 pounds, 3 defenders on him and he still take the shoot is like the team set a play and as soon he gets the ball the ball never goes back to nobody, hope he can improve it...

Turk's always been one of my favorite players due to his versatility. I remember last season I started a thread stating that he should be our go-to guy.

Him, Rashard, and Dwight can carry the load every night on the offense. Hopefully we can get performances similar to last nights from him on a consistent basis.

There is no doubt Turk is a go to guy but he can be very streaky and selfish and can create disharmony on the team when he is with the bench. He can also be prone to alot of turnovers. We have no choice now but to stsrt him but his best position would be as a 6 t/h man off the bench were he would be the go to man. His energy level can be inconsistent during the season and this is important in a long term basis.