Sign in to follow this  
Nyce_1

Wolve's junk could be Magic's treasure?

McHale said he knows for sure, one of the players aquired in his most recent trade will not be with the team very long.

The Wolves also have 18 players on their roster and the league roster limit is 15. The deadline to reach that roster number is 5pm monday.

Should Otis be waiting at the door once Doleac or Simien are waived (if it's even them)? What about is Juwan Howard is bought out? Chris Richard anyone?

I personally like Ryan Gomes but rumors say he'll said back to Bean-town.

What do you all think? Who should we hope to see being released?

edit: I'm interested in any of there players except Walker's fat a55. I don't want that whiney-out-of-shape-can't-shoot-shooter on our team.

It is heavily speculated that Walker is going to be bought out, so he will be the most recent guy to be released. I would love to see Chris Richard released though, but I dont think he will with Juwan wanting out.

I would love to get Richard but I'll settle for Doleac. I doubt the Wolves release Juwan Howard and honestly he wouldn't fit a need for us anyway. We need defense and rebounding.

I would be very interested in Theo Ratliff.

Ryan Gomes is the best prospect on and off the court. Talent, contract, work ethic, attitude.

Gomes is a talented offensive player who everybody has been trying to turn into a 3.

Wayne Simien also interests me, but you have to wonder why he couldn't get PT in Miami.

Juwann Howard isn't at the top of my wish list, but he is a skilled player.

Antione Walker, clearly the most talented, clearly the least committed. But, the guy will compete if he's not hung over, or tired from chasing strippers all night.

I wouldn't be surprised if we end up with simien and or doleac (specially). Doleac knows Stan's system, and on such short notice, he can easily adapt to it. Not ot mention he also has the nice shooting touch.

It seems a lot of people on the boards are keen on Chris Richard.

Being from where I am, I don't get to see any college ball at all, I know he was a member of the Gators back to back team and was drafted in the 2nd round, but that's about it.

Just wondering if someone could fill me in on his game?

Apologies if this is off topic slightly, just curious as to what people see in him.

Ratliffe, Walker and Howard will likely have buy outs worked out and sent packing. No one is going to give a young prospect and take on their contracts.

I'd love Gomes but McHale would be a fool to give him up.

quote:
Originally posted by bhnole:

well he gave up KG and R Davis...so maybe he is just losing his mind.....or maybe is those Leprechauns he keeps seeing....

any of those guys could help, but unless its one of the youngones, they would be temporary fixes....

quote:
Originally posted by davcivic:

quote:
Originally posted by bhnole:

well he gave up KG and R Davis...so maybe he is just losing his mind.....or maybe is those Leprechauns he keeps seeing....

any of those guys could help, but unless its one of the youngones, they would be temporary fixes....

Too true, we are talking about the worst GM in the league here (he just beats out Bird and Zeek IMO).

Talk about junk. Man, those older guys are washed up. Kilgore, Chris Richards was a back-up pf/center at UF. He can rebound, bang, and compliment other bigs (in college) well. I think he could be like Haslem on the Heat with some patience and development.

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

Talk about junk. Man, those older guys are washed up. Kilgore, Chris Richards was a back-up pf/center at UF. He can rebound, bang, and compliment other bigs (in college) well. I think he could be like Haslem on the Heat with some patience and development.

Cheers Soul Bro, Thanks for info.

If he has the potential to develop into type of player Haslem is then he would be a good pick up.

The only thing is do we want another big man project, or vet big who can help out now?

I'd be down to get either Simien or Richard. It's apparent that Gortat and Augustine are going to need some more competition for backup minutes, as neither of them played very well in the preseason.

I think Richard is an NBA ready player, if only at 10-15 minutes a game. Much more NBA ready than Gortat or Augie.

I always thought Simien looked like a nice player at Kansas and in the limited stints I saw of him on the Heat (he played a bit as a rookie and I saw him play a handful of times... not so much in his 2nd season though). The kid has skills.

Ideally though... we get the injury exception... Juwan Howard gets released... and we can pick him up. The more veterans in our frontcourt, the better, I say. Even if Howard is soft.