Sign in to follow this  
~O~

Stans Preseason Coaching So Far In Your Opinion

Everything that i've seen and heard thus far has not come as a surprise. He's been a positive induction and should remain so. From what I know of the man in this league he's had quite a good run and I like him leading our young team and believe he can get the job done.

Wish him well.

I like what I see. I like his tenacity, I like they intensity at practice. I like that he brought Ewing in. So far everything looks good. It's not a fluke, he did this in Miami. It's just that Pat moved him aside to take all the glory. Go SVG!

Plus he has made loads of money in the adult industry, I've followed his work for years!

I'm remembering pieces of the tip off lunch yesterday and I wanted to pass these along.

Mid way through lunch they had a Q/A session with Keyon, Dwight, Jameer, Rashard, and JJ. At one point during the session a question was posed to Keyon about coach's style. Keyon talked about coach stressing developing good habits and he leaned over and bumped fist's with Jameer. I also heard all of them talk about how SVG was very vocal when they messed up and when they were doing something well. Jameer even mentioned that they didn't need their ego stroked but it was nice to have a guy let them know when they were doing things right.

I spoke with Pat for a little while and he made the comment about how amazing it was that no one had been yelled at about shot selection during the entire pre-season or training camp. He said that was unheard of. I know not everyone is a big Pat fan, but so far in the pre-season SVG has taken Pat a guy that was left for dead last year and used him effectivly. If he can do that with a role player, think of what he can do as far as maximizing our other guys.

I got the feeling yesterday that SVG is a guy that they all like quite a bit. Dwight was joking about how he loves coach and how he has little dog syndrom. Rashard talked about how SVG reminded him of Nate McMillin and how he was a players coach. If your center pieces are buying into what the coach is selling, that can only be a good thing.

Side note, apparently Carlos does a good SVG immitation but he was afraid to come up and do it in front of the crowd.

quote:
have nothing against SVG, but as of now, hes over rated. Anybody that have seen this team last season knew what we shouldve been doing instead of just pass to Howard for a offensive strategy and now SVG does a couple little changes and now hes the coach of the year.
He is the type of leader than can light the fire of his team and make every player feel he is the most important piece of the puzzle. He is a mature emotional intelligent person. This guy can make this team a finalist if not a champion.

quote:
Side note, apparently Carlos does a good SVG immitation but he was afraid to come up and do it in front of the crowd.

LOL I remember a Pistons video from two years ago when Billups called Carlos "the funniest guy in the whole league" and said that he did imitated everybody on the team to perfection.

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

I'm remembering pieces of the tip off lunch yesterday and I wanted to pass these along.

Mid way through lunch they had a Q/A session with Keyon, Dwight, Jameer, Rashard, and JJ. At one point during the session a question was posed to Keyon about coach's style. Keyon talked about coach stressing developing good habits and he leaned over and bumped fist's with Jameer. I also heard all of them talk about how SVG was very vocal when they messed up and when they were doing something well. Jameer even mentioned that they didn't need their ego stroked but it was nice to have a guy let them know when they were doing things right.

I spoke with Pat for a little while and he made the comment about how amazing it was that no one had been yelled at about shot selection during the entire pre-season or training camp. He said that was unheard of. I know not everyone is a big Pat fan, but so far in the pre-season SVG has taken Pat a guy that was left for dead last year and used him effectivly. If he can do that with a role player, think of what he can do as far as maximizing our other guys.

I got the feeling yesterday that SVG is a guy that they all like quite a bit. Dwight was joking about how he loves coach and how he has little dog syndrom. Rashard talked about how SVG reminded him of Nate McMillin and how he was a players coach. If your center pieces are buying into what the coach is selling, that can only be a good thing.

Sweet! Now that is information that I can digest! Did anyone mention anything about all of Shards critics, and the fact that we have experienced such a spike in bench production in this years pre-season, that we may overshadow the first half of the 06-07 season?? We should be pumped, and did anyone mention how much they miss Darko and Grant??? They are all but forgotten now aren't they???

Just my little shy feelings here. I think SVG is a very ggod coach and he will prove it this season only and I said only if Otis let him coach the team with out... I didn't want to say it but anyway, players favoritism.

quote:
Originally posted by chosen12:

quote:

Sweet! Now that is information that I can digest! Did anyone mention anything about all of Shards critics, and the fact that we have experienced such a spike in bench production in this years pre-season, that we may overshadow the first half of the 06-07 season?? We should be pumped, and did anyone mention how much they miss Darko and Grant??? They are all but forgotten now aren't they???

Nothing like that, Marcin did mention that he felt like this team will have no problem with offense at all. He also mentioned that Hedo is getting a ton of responsiblity under coach. He said that SVG is having him learn 4 positions. I asked even point? He said yes, so they are going to use Hedo as a point forward in some instances.

If SVG can get resonable defense out of the team I think we are going to be very tough.

quote:

quote:

quote:

Nothing like that, Marcin did mention that he felt like this team will have no problem with offense at all. He also mentioned that Hedo is getting a ton of responsiblity under coach. He said that SVG is having him learn 4 positions. I asked even point? He said yes, so they are going to use Hedo as a point forward in some instances.

If SVG can get resonable defense out of the team I think we are going to be very tough.

Wow, 4 positions. If that doesn't increase his range of uses, I don't know what will. This would be such a benefit against matching up against other teams. Stan is really pushing our guys to the limit! VAn GUUUUNNNDY!!

Check out the Fl Today, denton's article about Bogans. He gives credit to Van Gundy for "coaching the players" rather than doing a Brian Hill in a game, where he yanks you from the line up with no explanation and walks around with a pissed off look. Stan is doing it right, It is called people skills

quote:
Originally posted by O-dub:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Wow, 4 positions. If that doesn't increase his range of uses, I don't know what will. This would be such a benefit against matching up against other teams. Stan is really pushing our guys to the limit! VAn GUUUUNNNDY!!

Well if he paints the masterpiece of a lifetime, we will need to call him Stan Van Goooooooo***Magic!!!!!!