Sign in to follow this  
mepot

Brighthouse/FSN Thread

Brighthouse has drug their feet to long I just dropped them yesterday for direct tv . I bundled phone,internet,and cable for 93$ a month . Thanks brighthouse now I'm saving money!!!P.S Come pick up your boxes.

I don't post here much but i have to say something on this topic.As far as i know we are the only city with an nba team that can not watch our OWN team on the city's largest cable provider.There is no excuse for this and i blame magic management.I sent an email blasting the magic but i doubt anyone high up will see it.We have supported this team for 18 years and this is the thanks we get.......A big dump taken on us the die hard magic fan.

I still don't understand how this hasn't been resolved yet. They stated that they would meet an agreement before the season started. I knew they were just spewing bull$hit out of their mouths.

I am new here and although I don't post, I do read and enjoy the boards nightly. I wanted to post tonight as I have been sending emails and making calls to FSN, BH and the Magic Org. Today I received answers which I wanted to share as I know you are all doing what you can also to get a settlement. I'm not sure how to do this, hope it works and I don't break any rules. lol

FROM FSN:

Donna,

>

> Thank you for taking the time to send your email. First off, we want

> you to know that we are committed to continuing to work with Bright

> House to make the games available to the fans of Central Florida. We

> know that fans just want the games and this ongoing negotiation without

> resolution impacts our viewers and fans more than anyone else.

>

> We appreciate your comment about your interest level and your

> willingness to pay extra. While that works for some people, we don't

> think that is a hurdle the masses should have to leap. Local

> programming should be available the widest possible audience. In every

> city in this state (and country for that matter), coverage of local

> teams is on the expanded basic line-up. We don't feel the residents of

> Central Florida should be treated any differently. That said, please

> know we are working with Bright House to provide opportunities to

> address the concerns they have ... we just need them to engage with us

> on meaningful conversations toward that end.

>

> Thank you again for taking the time to share your perspective.

>

FROM MAGIC:

Dear Orlando Magic Fan:

The Orlando Magic is hopeful that Brighthouse and FSN/Sun Sports can come to an amicable resolution which will provide fans continued great coverage. We will continue to monitor the situation and we thank you for your passion.

Sincerely,

Orlando Magic Fan Relations

Donaburd....you did just fine and you didn't break any rules! Thanks for joining the boards...I hope you will stick around and continue posting in addition to reading.

Thanks for sharing the correspondence you received from the Magic. My response to their email would be that for the last 18 seasons, the games HAVE been available on Brighthouse's expanded basic line-up. It was the Magic who initially made the decision to do away with those games not on Sun Sports.

Thanks Mod. and thanks for the suggestion. I will include it in my reply. I just realized something. This is my letter to the Magic. Checkout the line at top "Importance". LOW! If that is what I think it means I am really ticked off now. Is that how they think of us? Will have to shoot off another email, not that I think it will do any good but will make me feel better. lol

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Wednesday, October 31, 2007 1:46 AM

To: Fan Relations

Subject: [Possible SPAM] TV coverage

Importance: Low

Please forward to appropriate person.

Since the Magic sold the tv rights to FSN there has been nothing but frustration and anxiety for your Magic fan base. I'm wondering why your powers-to-be did not take into consideration, that by doing this so many of your fans on cable service would not be able to follow their team on tv. I don't understand how you could have done this to your loyal fans who also helped you get your new arena passed. Many of them attended the meetings and most of us sent many emails in support. Now it sounds like the negotiations between FSN and BH are getting nowhere, and the first game is just a few days away. Are you even aware of what's going on here? It looks like we could use some Magic intervention to help settle this problem. The few games on SUN network is just not enough. We should be able to get all of them. I am hopeing you will step up and return the loyalty we have all given this organization, and see what you might be able to do regarding the negotiations so that those of us who cannot get to games will all be in front of our TV's on game night.

Thank you