Sign in to follow this  
Secretly Space Jesus

Darko Milicic: Technical Free Throw shooter

I just saw this stat, and couldn't believe it.

In the month of March, Darko is shooting 92.9% from the free throw line. Way to improve, Darko!

Also, I did some math. If Dwight was shooting 75% from the line, instead of his current average, he'd be averaging an additional 1.3 points per game.

I just saw this stat, and couldn't believe it.

In the month of March, Darko is shooting 92.9% from the free throw line. Way to improve, Darko!

Also, I did some math. If Dwight was shooting 75% from the line, instead of his current average, he'd be averaging an additional 1.3 points per game.

He has looked much more confident and relaxed at the line, he always had great form. But was trying to hard before.

It had to be mostly nerves with Darko. He still has a very nice stroke though he doesn't get to show it off very much.

quote:
Originally posted by jack daniel 999:

Darko's game has been getting better...

I hope he keeps it up...

and we don't get rid of him.

It is for this reason we can't go wrong with keeping this kid, he just has to outlast BHill!

Whats happened to his perimeter game, **** this guy has some skills. More skill than Pedro and thats saying something (for a guy who can make a cake)!

quote:
Originally posted by nbr3345:

Whats happened to his perimeter game, **** this guy has some skills. More skill than Pedro and thats saying something (for a guy who can make a cake)!

Simple, Brian Hill yanked him out of the game everytime he took an outside shot. That part pisses me off, instead of coaching him to select his shots better. He cuts him off altogether from shooting outside.

The main problem I saw was Darko was used to shooting from the International three point line. He needed to either step out to NBA three point line if he can hit from there or move in some to the top of key for an easier jumper. Horace Grant made a living hitting that shot playing alongside Shaq. Darko can do that and so much more with his ability to pass or put the ball on the floor.

This is a facet of the game that holds such value with big men and to not utilize this talent or work on it is foolish.

Darko is such a keeper it isn't funny.

Nay I say, I'm proud of Darko for not sulking on the bench. It's like BHIll and the media was saying, it wasn't really that much of a demotion and Milicic is getting the same minutes off the bench as he was as a starter.

Anyhow, seeing him play just as hard off the bench as he did as a starter makes me a happy camper. I want to see the 'Gic either make trades this summer or sign a 2nd tier f/a so we can re-sign Darko this summer.

BUT.... what do we do if a team makes a $10 mil/yr offer for Darko? Do we match it?

That's a tough one ...

But I think we should .

We need to keep a good part of this team together.

So what if we go over the cap...

They owe it to us for putting us through these years of not having.