Sign in to follow this  
chosen12

Who is the Best/Worst Coach in the history of the NBA??

Who would you classify as the best ever, and the worst ever coaches in the history of the NBA???

My vote is Chuck Daily for the best all around coach, and Tim Floyd as the absoulte worst.

Who would you classify as the best ever, and the worst ever coaches in the history of the NBA???

My vote is Chuck Daily for the best all around coach, and Tim Floyd as the absoulte worst.

quote:
Originally posted by davcivic:

Phil Jackson for best.....Chris Jent for worst ever

I like Phil, but anyone who had Michael Jordan and Shaq in their respective prime has a huge advantage, that is why I went with Chuck Daily, he had to put alot together and nothing was given to those guys, because they had very tough competition. The Bulls, the Knicks, the Celtics, The Lakers 76er's etc.

BEST: Pat Riley. It pains me to say that, but he is the only one that has proven that he can compete and win while completely changing his style of play based upon personnel (i.e. - Lakers showtime; Knicks/Heat - slowtime).

WORST: Paul Westhead. Scott Skiles had 30 assists against his team. Enough said. (Thought I'd say Brian Hill, didn't ya !?!?!?!)

MOST OVERRATED: Don Nelson. Would somebody please tell me what this guy has ever won?

I'm shocked!!

this thread has been open for almost 2 hours and no one has mentioned Brian Hill as the worst coach (but the day is still young!! LOL)

I have to agree with Phil Jackson being one of the best and Chris Jent being among one of the worse. But to be fair to Chris, we was thrown into the role.

Best - Detroit Piston's Chuck Daly - Built one hell of a team

Worst - Orlando Magic's Chuck Daly - For what they paid him, he spent more time planning tee times instead of game plans.

From those I have witnessed -

Best - Phil Jackson (Jordan or not you still have to get the job done)

Worst - Doc Rivers will do.

Never really followed coaches.

GREATEST COACH OF ALL TIME

RED AUERBACH

Reaction to the Passing of Red Auerbach

Oct. 28, 2006 -- The Boston Celtics announced the sudden passing of President Arnold "Red" Auerbach. Auerbach, 89, was born on September 20, 1917, and passed away Saturday in Washington, D.C. ?

Auerbach left his mark as a coach and executive.

NBAE/Getty Images

He was responsible for 16 World Championships, and was considered the greatest coach who ever lived. The Celtics are dedicating this upcoming season in his memory.

The cigar-chomping Auerbach was an aggressive, challenging and often explosive mentor who coached 11 Hall of Famers, including Bob Cousy and Bill Russell, and led Boston to 10 Eastern Division titles in 16 years.

"Red Auerbach was the consummate teacher, leader, and a true pioneer of the sport of basketball," said NBA Commissioner David Stern. "The NBA wouldn't be what it is today without him."

THE WORST COACH OF ALL TIME

Brian Hill

quote:
Originally posted by WPMagic:

quote:
THE WORST COACH OF ALL TIME

Brian Hill

Yeah, you're right. I mean... what NBA coach hasn't been to the finals???

I just talked to Shaq and Penny and they confirmed that he was with the team during the finals. They couldn't remember who the coach was.

quote:
Originally posted by Rafael17222:

I'm shocked!!

this thread has been open for almost 2 hours and no one has mentioned Brian Hill as the worst coach (but the day is still young!! LOL)

I have to agree with Phil Jackson being one of the best and Chris Jent being among one of the worse. But to be fair to Chris, we was thrown into the role.

What's more amazing is that I would really love to say that, but it would not be an honest opinion. That is the reason I didn't go with the poll or qualifying questions.

Now do not confuse that with a vote of confidence or something along those lines..........that would be even more dishonest!!!! LOL