Sign in to follow this  
Oliver

stupid question

Welcome to the boards, if you want info on the Magic. You will find more here than anywhere else.

Steve was traded because although he was our leading scorer, he tended to not share the ball with anyone else. His gigantic contract was not worth it for a guy who was a locker room cancer and ballhog.

Getting the Knicks to take on his contract AND give up a great young prospect in Ariza was considered by most experts highway robbery. Penny was only in the trade because his contract was expiring, so the team could immediately waive him to save money.

Oliver,

Welcome to the boards. I have posted the official article of his trade to look back.

Look at this gem from Isiah..

"This is a trade that we all feel makes us a better basketball team for both now and in the future," Thomas said in a news release announcing the deal. "In Steve, we add an All-Star caliber player to our team without giving up core assets that are key to our future."

Bye-Bye Steve-O

Thanks alot for the quick answers!

I obviously didn't know that Steve Francis was such a pain in the ***. He isn't doing very well in New York either. So I guess we should be happy he's gone - and hope for a REAL star to come in the Offseason.

What about Penny, did he officially end his career already? I think the Magic were happy they got rid of him before he got worse...

quote:
Originally posted by Oliver:

Thanks alot for the quick answers!

I obviously didn't know that Steve Francis was such a pain in the ***. He isn't doing very well in New York either. So I guess we should be happy he's gone - and hope for a REAL star to come in the Offseason.

What about Penny, did he officially end his career already? I think the Magic were happy they got rid of him before he got worse...

Steve Francis was also known as "Stevie Headcase" he did get worse before ....well I don't think it ever got better for his situation.

Penny, well he tried to make a comeback, but not very much interest!!!

Wlecome to the boards, and do you at least have a national team????

quote:
serbianeagle

Contributor

Posted March 19, 2007 05:21 PM Hide Post

guten tag oliver,willcomen.

quote:

my thoughts exactly

quote:
Originally posted by serbianeagle:

not bad, mate :P

ok, i lived for 18yr in vienna, i should do it better:

willkommen, was gibts? lol

man, my german sucks, hahahah

ok, now your questions:

steve was traded because he was to much of a ballhog, our young guys couldn't develope their games with frances on our team. and i heard he was also a cancer in the locker-room. trading him to the knicks was a pretty good move by otis. we got ariza and penny's expiring deal, ok, maybe could get a draft pick too but it's ok.

penny was released because: he was injured, we already had 15 players on our roster, penny and bhill don't like each other to much, penny sucks now (diener is much better),...