LaVar

2014 Draft Thread

Can't say I've ever understood the obsession with Smart. If you're looking for a big PG who can defend and has leadership skills... isn't that Oladipo? Oladipo is a better shooter and probably not any sloppier with the ball, so what exactly would we be getting?

Or is it just because Smart typically has a "PG" next to his name and Oladipo has historically had an "SG" next to his?

I've been anti-Smart for a while. Great intangibles and measurements but his offense needs a ton of work.

Oladipo can't have the ball in his hands and play SG?

It's obvious they're grooming him to take over Nelson's spot.

Regardless we don't have much behind Afflalo; I guess Lamb didn't pan out.

It's obvious they're grooming him to take over Nelson's spot.

Regardless we don't have much behind Afflalo; I guess Lamb didn't pan out.

Lamb has been injured.

I'd honestly be sad if we traded Jameer at this point. I think we have enough pieces and 'Meer is a pretty good leader. Besides, the dude's been with us and steadfastly loyal through some pretty rough stuff. Maybe staying loyal to him wouldn't be a bad thing for a team that can't seem to hold onto a superstar past their initial contract.

• Upvote 2

It looks like our team plays better than expect. So I think our 1rd pick won’t be in the top 5. With Rondo we would get an allstar PG (if he is healthy! If not -> NO TRADE!). After that trade we would have a 9 man rotation (Rondo, Oladipo, Lee, Harkless, Wallace, Harris, Nicholson, O’Quin, Vucevic). Maybe we could get another good player for Davis and Moore. With that group I think we could compete in the next 2-5 years.

I think Boston would love to get ride of the contracts from Wallace and Lee. On the other hand they receive some ending contracts (Nelson and Turk) a good player (Afflalo) and a 1rd Pick in the 2014 draft. With those assets they can start with the rebuilding.

No one is confused as to why Boston would want to do that trade. It's absurdly good for them. Insanely good. Bruce-Lee-On-A-Rocket-That-Morphs-Into-A-Robot-Tiger good.

They manage to shed over 30 million dollars in guaranteed salary while getting a 1st round pick in a loaded draft to do so. The only thing they send back that has value is this mythical "healthy Rondo", and that you're talking about a player who lived and died with his speed and is now at his physical peak and coming off a knee surgery. At best he comes back the same as he was, which is "stat stuffing point guard who's proven he can't be the best player on a good team" and has also proven that he's a headache in the locker room.

This trade is awful for the Magic. Just awful. I understand that you've heard of Rondo, and that you therefore think he must be super awesome, but he really is just an above average, and incredibly one dimensional, point guard. He does nothing for the Magic, and there is no reason for Orlando to give up ANYTHING to get him here, let alone the mountainous haul you have them giving away.

They didn't play very good teams, but these were some good games

Randle- 23/15 vs Asheville

Parker- 22/6 vs Davidson

Wiggins- 16/3/3 vs UL Monroe

That's insane.

I would probably fling myself off the nearest tall building if that trade were to happen.