LaVar

2014 Draft Thread

Those picks were protected and not really that good. You need to learn the details before you complain.

Great post. Most people won't read this and will continue to complain.

Been watching a lot of Payton's video. This guy is nasty and his shot is fixable. Its not broken at all. Everything else is there..his passing, creation, first step. Honestly as good as any Exum film I have seen.

His defense is ridiculous. The way he gets through screens and bodies up his man is just sick. He can easily guard the 2.

Dealing with him and oladipo and gordon will be hell for opponents.

Those people don't get it. People on here pretend to know a lot about Exum but really don't. Randle is a good player but in the nba he is a second option on a poor team and is set to be a rugged, undersized pf. Vonleh I can't believe was ever seriously considered. Smart is the only other guy and imo not as good of a prospect. If the Magic are in the lottery again next season we won't have to draft for a single position of need because Gordon can play either forward effectively. With the diversity in today's skill set that is unbelievably important. These type of things don't really show well on draftexpress.

Haven't seen much of Payton. I'll have to watch some game videos of him.

Those picks were protected and not really that good. You need to learn the details before you complain.

Great post. Most people won't read this and will continue to complain.

Been watching a lot of Payton's video. This guy is nasty and his shot is fixable. Its not broken at all. Everything else is there..his passing, creation, first step. Honestly as good as any Exum film I have seen.

His defense is ridiculous. The way he gets through screens and bodies up his man is just sick. He can easily guard the 2.

Dealing with him and oladipo and gordon will be hell for opponents.

Amen, we have not been a good defensive team for a while (Not since Howard gave up and decided he was an offensive player). We now have one of the youngest and exciting rosters in the league.

To put into prospective.

Nelson 31

O'Quinn 24

Nicholson 24

Vucevic 23

Oladipo 22

Fournier 21

Harris 21

Harkless 21

Payton 20

Gordon 18

That is a young team!

The guys on ESPN (Jalen and Bill Simmons, etc) just said the Magic quietly had a great draft and got two potential gems. I know, I know...you negative guys don't care because Rob ruined this team blah blah blah.

GO MAGIC!

I know everyone keeps comparing him to Blake but the kid sounds a lot like Josh Smith to me. Would that be a fair comparison?

No. He doesn't jack up bad shots and does not quit.

We have a young athletic roster, but we just lack floor spacing and scoring badly. We could try and mold ourselves as a fast break offense with a lot of pace but it could hurt a lot of these guy's strengths on defense. I get Rob loves him some athletic defenders, but he needs to focus on offense going forward because we'll get nowhere without it.