LaVar

2014 Draft Thread

Because if he is not going to go top 3 then his agent is going to shoot for the first major market to make up the lost income from the draft spot. Why else would his agent not want to provide information to a team that could potentially draft him? This has heartbreak and nightmare written all over it, I'm actually shocked that there are so many people on the board that would be excited about this. The draft is a gamble because you don't know if these guys will pan out. We are talking about adding in an injury history to go along with the potential gamble. Even if his potential is what all of the experts say it is, what do you think the likely hood is that he is going to stay healthy? He hasn't played an 82 game season yet and he has 3 stress fractures under his belt. Is whatever is out of alignment with him going to magically fix itself when he starts to get pounded on for 82+ games?? Does your car fix itself when something is wrong after you drive it more??

Someone mentioned it when this all started, it's not like he hurt the foot by dropping a dumbell on it, he hurt it either running or cutting, does anyone actually think that is going to improve with age??

Very well said boss

Apparently Embiid may also have hepatitis... :rolleyes:... Why doesn't Tellem just come out and say "I only want my client to play in LA or Boston"

I just want Wiggins or Parker.

Me too.

Parker's offense is so NBA ready. All he has to do is put in the effort on the defensive end. With Wiggins, he just needs to do some dribbling skills in the off season. Come on Henny!!!

I'm thinking broken foot Lopez with a back injury added in. There were a few on the board that wanted us to take Lopez in a Dwight trade... I'm glad Henny wasn't part of that thinking. How many games has Lopez played since then?

This draft is too important to take any major risks. We need to take the BPAs that are 100% healthy and ready to learn how to play Magic basketball!

• Upvote 1

Apparently Embiid may also have hepatitis... :rolleyes:/>... Why doesn't Tellem just come out and say "I only want my client to play in LA or Boston"

Geez, where did you see that? What is next uncontrollable flatulance? Spontaneous combustion?

I'm thinking broken foot Lopez with a back injury added in. There were a few on the board that wanted us to take Lopez in a Dwight trade... I'm glad Henny wasn't part of that thinking. How many games has Lopez played since then?

This draft is too important to take any major risks. We need to take the BPAs that are 100% healthy and ready to learn how to play Magic basketball!

Hated the thought of Lopez here. Feeling the same way about Embiid. For a minute there, I thought about him being worth the risk but screw that.

True! Very true, but it will also cost Philly the #10 spot as well, I think Cleveland would want another first round big in the mix!

How are ya Nyce1? Long time huh??

What up man. Been too long, but we all grow and get consumed with life. Hope all is well.

Shout out to the ol' G posters of the board.

Geez, where did you see that? What is next uncontrollable flatulance? Spontaneous combustion?

It was said on the BS report by Chad Ford that there were rumors there were problems with Embiid's blood work in his Cleveland medical and that it wasn't uncommon for an African to test positive for hepatitis. They also said he might have bone density issues.

Not sure exactly what the implications of the hepatitis are but, if this report is accurate, I think this may be the final red flag that pushes me off the "just draft Embiid' train. If I'm jumping off, I'm sure Henny has been off for a while so I wouldn't even worry about us taking that gamble (unless we make a deal with LA/Boston). I prefer Exum over Vonleh, but I think Vonleh could be a nice fit here and would be okay with him at #4. If that occurs I'd really like to see Henny get uber aggressive and try to find a way to add Smart. For me, a Vonleh/Smart combo out of this draft would salvage the fact we didn't wind up with one of Wiggins/Parker/Exum and really forms a nice nucleaus with our current roster.

By the way did anyone see the combine numbers of Vonleh compared to Blake Griffin and Anthony Davis? Vonleh actually stacked up very well against both with a substantially better reach than Blake (and surprisingly equal vert!) and strikingly similar numbers compared to A. Davis. If anyone has a link to those guys #'s could you post them again?They're probably somewhere in this thread actually. Hell, I'll try to find them.