LaVar

2014 Draft Thread

vonleh will be a bust

Not sure about bust, but I'm not sure he's gonna be a difference maker either. I see a Tristan Thompson type guy, and I may or may not have stolen that comparison from Pelton. I'm actually starting to wonder if this Vonleh love isnt just smoke to try and entice us to take him allowing Exum to slide.

SI.com: Which players do you like who haven't been as hyped entering the draft?

Blake: UConn's Shabazz Napier: He's a leader. Everybody has strengths and weaknesses, but you want a guy who is going to play to win and has the skill set and basketball mind. He can be that player.

Louisiana-Lafayette's Elfrid Payton: He can be sort of your Rajon Rondo type. Great defender. He doesn't shoot well, but he changes the game on offense and defense.

Michigan State's Adreian Payne: A lot of people have been asking me about how he's older [23] for a rookie. Well, what does that mean? We have 35-year-old rookies [Pablo Prigioni joined the Knicks at that age in 2012]. Not every pick is going to be a franchise player. You can get a guy who is going to contribute for a number of years at an economical rate.

Kentucky's James Young: He shot only 35 percent from beyond the arc, but he has the potential to be better. He also does little things to make his teammates better.

Read More: http://sportsillustr.../#ixzz34SAtFIJQ

Not sure about bust, but I'm not sure he's gonna be a difference maker either. I see a Tristan Thompson type guy, and I may or may not have stolen that comparison from Pelton.

he is basically a slightly stronger chris bosh that can't shoot, he will have trouble getting his shot off in the NBA, it's ugly and slow.

he is basically a slightly stronger chris bosh that can't shoot, he will have trouble getting his shot off in the NBA, it's ugly and slow.

It's not that ugly and it's a slow release but it's not like anyone's blocking his J. I'm much more concerned with his lack of athleticism, he may have huge hands (who cares?) but he's deceptively unathletic.

Nicholson is a good bench player, he not going anywhere unless we package him to get a star.

Same thing with Moe Harkiless... Orlando's bench is forming with O'Quinn, Nicholson and Harkless...

All they need now is a starting PF, PG and a backup combo guard that can run the 2nd unit and score... hopefully we can draft that guy @ 12.

I can't stand the guy, but Moore is a backup combo guard that can score. Moore sucks at initiating the offense and surprisingly, I like Ronnie Price with the backups. He hustles and makes easy passes to open guys. If we lose Jameer, I wouldn't mind Price (or going after Patty Mills to help Exum) for backup PG & vet presence.

Honestly his release reminds me a ton of a guy already on our team—Harkless.

I can't stand the guy, but Moore is a backup combo guard that can score. Moore sucks at initiating the offense and surprisingly, I like Ronnie Price with the backups. He hustles and makes easy passes to open guys. If we lose Jameer, I wouldn't mind Price (or going after Patty Mills to help Exum) for backup PG & vet presence.

I can't stand Nicholson either. I have never seen anyone with slower feet in my life. He is a liability on defense and the 3 point experiment was a disaster. His rebounding is a joke and he gets downright bullied on the block. That being said, I don't mind him as the 8th-9th best player on our team because he can be crafty in the post at times but whenever he has to play extended minutes I find myself pulling my hair out.

I am encouraged by the rumors of Randle's trouble because it may make him more attainable. I doubt he drops much as he isn't injured and seems to play just fine on it and is still better than the competition. No way Vonleh goes at 4, he just doesn't look that good. People see Chris Bosh, I see an undeveloped but potentially better Nicholson.

Interesting note is that most people here put Exum on the level with the "Big Three" but NBA GM's don't see it that way…All of our favorite's in the same tier….Exum, Vonleh, Smart, Randle.

Thanks for posting….

Thats actually not true. Some GMs did indeed vote Exum as a top tier, and it said it in the article.

Thats actually not true. Some GMs did indeed vote Exum as a top tier, and it said it in the article.

I'm sure there are plenty of GM's, either not selecting in the lottery or highly involved in international scouting, that did not put him in the top 3 or whatever equates to the top tier presented. I suppose we could question the constructs of the poll, what the cutoffs were for each tier, and precisely who responded but at the end of the day does it really matter? I assume all GM's had Wiggins, Embiid, and Parker in the top three, as would any casual basketball fan, so it's not like it means anything.

Exum is not in the top tier. 2nd tier is a very good group though, nothing wrong with that.