LaVar

2014 Draft Thread

Guess I've never paid attention enough to know whether a 2nd workout is simply standard protocol or if it's a pretty big indicator of intent. If it's the latter, the nightmares of many of us (particularly me) are becoming reality.

Guess I've never paid attention enough to know whether a 2nd workout is simply standard protocol or if it's a pretty big indicator of intent. If it's the latter, the nightmares of many of us (particularly me) are becoming reality.

I don't remember a prospect ever working out for the Magic twice.

Here's something interesting:

Smart in for a 2nd workout?!?! Do we really use #4 on him? Or, take a PF at 4 and make a move up to get Smart? The double workout could be to ensure he's really what we think he is before giving up a significant piece to move up for him? Or, is this all smoke screen?

:panicworker:/> :panicworker:/> :panicworker:/>

There is a good change that we are moving down to either 5th or 6th. Not sure what will be the reason but if they like Smart that much, I see this happening. Maybe future first or late 1st round picks.

I think I remember hearing we worked out a couple people twice last year. Not certain though. I don't think this is definitive that we're drafting Smart. It may just be the contingency if we don't get the top 4 guy we want.

I think I remember hearing we worked out a couple people twice last year. Not certain though. I don't think this is definitive that we're drafting Smart. It may just be the contingency if we don't get the top 4 guy we want.

Agreed, especially if the rumor about the 76ers and Exum are true, in that they have considered trading Michael Carter-Williams and replacing him with a guy they feel has a higher ceiling. Even if they didn't trade MCW, it's possible that if Parker and Wiggins go #1 and #2, that they go Exum due to them having Noel on their roster.

So I suppose it is possible that we could be in a scenario where we choose between Embiid, Smart and Vonleh at #4. So best to cover the bases in case the first choice guy isn't there.

I called Smart couple of days ago. Took a beating for it too. My question is, and this goes to mainly the poster from Portugal who said "glad your not the GM" and those who liked it, how does your opinions of Rob change if he selects Smart over your man crush Exum at 4?

• Downvote 1

I called Smart couple of days ago. Took a beating for it too. My question is, and this goes to mainly the poster from Portugal who said "glad your not the GM" and those who liked it, how does your opinions of Rob change if he selects Smart over your man crush Exum at 4?

Grow up.

• Upvote 2