LaVar

2014 Draft Thread

I guess that I am in the minority, because I believe victor has a pretty good dribble. I believe he played better at pg than most thought he was capable of doing. You have to give a guy like victor grace. He never played pg so he is going to have TOs. I believe that victor showed playmaking ability. Their are a lot of pgs that come in the league and dont make it - even some that have played there all their lives. Dare I say Reece Gains, Dajuan Wagner, Marcus Williams, and Javaris Crittenton

I am still not sure if michael westbrook is truly a pg but look what he did yesterday in the playoffs and he is an allstar. victor's play reminds me of westbrook.

I would not mind us taking a PG. I be surprised if we did not get one, but I also believe that victor will play back up pg a lot.

Gotta love that Michael Westbrook!

• Upvote 1

Agreed. Stand pat and let whomever fall in your lap. If that isn't Exum, and you can't swing a good deal for smart, I'd have no hesitation in going after Payton. He's my 3rd favorite PG and may even put him on the same level of Smart.

Parker/Embiid & Smart/Payton draft and I'm going crazy.

Payton/Oladipo/Harris/Embiid/Vucevic

We agree. Shoot, I'd even be fine with Ennis, as I think he's even underrated.

And to the Oladipo at PG discussion, I thought he did a stand up job switching positions this year! If Henny and Co. keep him there, fine by me. However, my gut says he'll be moved back to SG and developed and used like Wade.

And to the Oladipo at PG discussion, I thought he did a stand up job switching positions this year! If Henny and Co. keep him there, fine by me. However, my gut says he'll be moved back to SG and developed and used like Wade.

Agree with this as well. Vic held his own at PG. For a first timer, I was impressed. Still has work to do, but if anyone can make that transition, definitely him.

And if he's moved back to SG, like Soul said, he'll be utilized like Wade. Hopefully his 3-ball improves (no doubt it will) so he can be more of a threat on offense.

It is exactly what will happen if we draft wiggins. They also saw that vic can play the pg in their offensive concept, which does not need to have just one ball handler on the court. Vic can handle it about as much as harden does. We will be fine.

Furthermore wiggins is too small right now to fight off screens and defend SFs, which is why his best position is SG.

Personally i hope Parker falls to us as we wont have to worry about it then. I just cant see it happening. That guy is going to be special.

Disagree, Wiggins will be primarily a SF, but play both positions. I did feel Vic did fine at point though, and more importantly seems like someone who will improve. If we ended up with Wiggins I don't think it would matter who would play with him and Vic, that's a nasty combination...Vic's a good defender and Wiggins will immediately be a top defender. All that's missing is a consistent scorer, maybe Hood or Young would fit in. We still lack a go to PF though through all that.

Has anyone looked at the boards of other teams and what their thoughts are in terms of Exum being ranked above those in the "typical" top 3? Are we all just pipe-dreaming, believing Exum will be taken over any of the Wiggins/Embiid/Parker trio?

Yes. The chatter you are hearing is merely posturing.

I don't think anyone who doesn't see Vic as our PG of the future (me included) is questioning how good of a kid he is or how hard he is willing to work. He will never be an elite PG IMO but that's not a knock on him because he's a 2 guard. He did a solid job this season running the point but I can't help but feel his skills would be better utltized playing more off the ball and I think that's why many of us want a PG in the draft. And because this draft has quite a few good looking point guard prospects I think we would be foolish not to select one with one of our picks and let Vic play his natural position.

Disagree, Wiggins will be primarily a SF, but play both positions. I did feel Vic did fine at point though, and more importantly seems like someone who will improve. If we ended up with Wiggins I don't think it would matter who would play with him and Vic, that's a nasty combination...Vic's a good defender and Wiggins will immediately be a top defender. All that's missing is a consistent scorer, maybe Hood or Young would fit in. We still lack a go to PF though through all that.

So you think Wiggins with his frame is going to primarily be a SF? Because he will not. He is a SG, and that's pretty common knowledge. Plus you say that we could draft Hood. On a team with Harkless and Harris and Hood you think that Wiggins would still be primarily a SF?

LOL - no.

Anyone with insider care to summarize Ford's latest article about Exum, with Pelton? Expecting it to be a good read.