Sign in to follow this  
TreyMachine

J.J. Redick Landing Predictions

Chicago is a very good fit although I would not be surprised to see Indiana go after him. They could use a shooter off the bench and have the talent knock off the Heat next year.

As long as he doesn't land on the Heat...

Would they be able to with their cap situation?

With their guaranteed contracts, player options (Allen, Jones, Lewis), and team options (Varnado, Chalmers), they will be well over the cap at $86.4 million. They will probably want to re-sign Anderson, who they could get at the mid-level rate of $3.2 million. But I don't think they can afford a player like Redick who will be in the $8 million range. Even if they amnesty Mike Miller, he's 'only' earning about $6 million. I guess Redick might sign for that amount if he wants the best chance to win rings, but with more money to be made elsewhere I think the Heat are a stretch.

I hope he doesn't land their either. Personally I think he could go to a team like the Bulls where he would be an excellent role player for them, but a team like the T-Wolves could use him and he'd start.

I like JJ on the Clippers. That should be a really good fit for him.

They'll be better with him spotting up, giving them the open three as an option. They should be a LOT of fun to watch.

Them getting JJ and the Rockets getting Dwight may have pushed them to being the team I root for in the West.