Sign in to follow this  
davcivic

Bears eat man at beer festival

Thats a festival begging for a bad ending. Mixing Beer, drugs, and bears, is a recipe for disaster. Or the guy might just have been an idiot, like the story suggests.

Can anyone say, Darwin Award?

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

Everyone is responsible for their own actions but, is it really wise to organize a beer festival at a zoo? Is that not just asking for trouble? I mean how are you supposed to resist acting stupid?

actually, the beer festival was at a place called kalemegdan which is less than 1 mile away from the zoo.

anyway, i've heard it was a bet. you know something like "i bet you don't have the balls to walk naked on the wall at the bear cage". and of course they were drunk.

here are some pics:

this is the cage and he fall down from one of these walls

image.jpg?imageId=9491&thumb=1

and if you want to see the guy dead in the cage, it's pretty aweful (sorry for the size, couldn't found any larger pics)

http://www.kurir-info.co.yu/arhiva/2007/avgust/20/Slike...eprint%20novosti.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

I think I'll pass on the dead guy pic's Serb!

smart decision, this pic (just larger) was the frontpage of almost every serbian newspaper

Now they will have to put up a sign that say "Please don't walk on the bear walls." We are the only species that protects our stupid individuals. If a zebra decided he wanted to sniff a lions butt, that zebra wouldn't be around to reproduce. The other zebras certainly wouldn't be posting any signs.

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

If a zebra decided he wanted to sniff a lions butt, that zebra wouldn't be around to reproduce. The other zebras certainly wouldn't be posting any signs.

Read this again, but imagine that you are talking about Donaghy and the other NBA refs. It still applies.

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

Now they will have to put up a sign that say "Please don't walk on the bear walls." We are the only species that protects our stupid individuals. If a zebra decided he wanted to sniff a lions butt, that zebra wouldn't be around to reproduce. The other zebras certainly wouldn't be posting any signs.

I'd like to help outline your main point that I completely agree with. We are the only species that protects our individuals from OURSELVES. Just read a warning label on an Iron. "Do NOT iron clothes on body"

We can thank punative justice for a lot of it. Thankfully in Europe punative damages are rarely awarded like they are here in the US. If Stella tried to sue McDonalds for spilling coffee on herself in Poland, they would have laughed her out of court.