bhnole

Official 2013 NBA playoffs Thread

Certainly, if in turn, you agree to allow other members to answer for themselves

I think you overreacted to what IBN said. He was simply giving constructive criticism to what the Pacers need to improve on. Before you were here, the forums would get a barrage of posts like that which is the main reason why the forums are much more bearable than they use to be. A select few posters took the time to make people THINK about what they post before they actually do it.

Some people don't have the rationale...and logic to answer for themselves. We've seen that already lol. You should go to the very last pages of this forum to find out.

I think you overreacted to what IBN said. He was simply giving constructive criticism to what the Pacers need to improve on. Before you were here, the forums would get a barrage of posts like that which is the main reason why the forums are much more bearable than they use to be. A select few posters took the time to make people THINK about what they post before they actually do it.

Some people don't have the rationale...and logic to answer for themselves. We've seen that already lol. You should go to the very last pages of this forum to find out.

I hear you, although defensive rebounding (which generally is the Pacers strength) is what cost them this game IMO, and at the very least the momentum in the game. I guess I'm of the opinion that if you're going to hate on a team (Miami) you mine as well just root for the next opponent. I'm not a Pacers fan after tonight at which time I became a Spurs fan, but only in the short term

Pacers lost it when Vogel wouldn't call a timeout in the second quarter and let the lead balloon before putting George and Hibbert back in. Also, Hibbert barely got any looks early on, and they turned into a bad jump shooting team. The Pacers need a bench badly. There is no one outside of four of their five starters they can rely on for any sort of offense. I cringed every time I saw Augustin on the floor. Sam Young is not who he was in college.

They can be very good, but George and Hibbert will have to play 45+ minutes in the playoffs next season if they want to beat the Heat.

That said, I think Parker and Duncan can do a number on this Heat team who don't seem like they'll match up well with those two. I think the Spurs' bigs will bully the Heat like the Pacers did, and can keep up with them defensively. I'm sure the Spurs have been practicing for the Heat all series long. Should be a fun, but hopefully quick, series.

• Upvote 1

The Pacers didn't deserve to win when they turned the ball over 15 times in the first half (9 in the first quarter) and allowed the Heat get every offensive rebound possible.

The Pacers need a ballhandler and playmaker real bad. Paul George needs to practice dribbling and passing all summer.

I expect the Spurs to win in 5 or 6 games, unless the refs are horrible. The Heat, despite winning big, still have a lot of issues that the Spurs can take advantage of and the playoff experience of the Spurs is overwhelming. They've already faced Lebron before and I'm sure Pop already has a great plan for him.

The Pacers need a ballhandler and playmaker real bad. Paul George needs to practice dribbling and passing all summer.

Disagree with the passing bit. I think Paul George is a well established passer.

Pacers lost it when Vogel wouldn't call a timeout in the second quarter and let the lead balloon before putting George and Hibbert back in. Also, Hibbert barely got any looks early on, and they turned into a bad jump shooting team. The Pacers need a bench badly. There is no one outside of four of their five starters they can rely on for any sort of offense. I cringed every time I saw Augustin on the floor. Sam Young is not who he was in college.

They can be very good, but George and Hibbert will have to play 45+ minutes in the playoffs next season if they want to beat the Heat.

That said, I think Parker and Duncan can do a number on this Heat team who don't seem like they'll match up well with those two. I think the Spurs' bigs will bully the Heat like the Pacers did, and can keep up with them defensively. I'm sure the Spurs have been practicing for the Heat all series long. Should be a fun, but hopefully quick, series.

I agree with this. I also thought that Hansbrough had regressed...or rather...he wasn't seeing enough playing time.

DJ Augustine was bearly not any type of factor...but when he plays the Magic he goes ape ****. Sam Young? Don't make me laugh. Even on the Pacers Digest forum, they didn't want him seeing any type of time. Tyler Hansbrough barely got enough minutes but he was big on the boards in one game till he tweak something. I believe it was game 2 when they were on a run because of David West taking a kind seat.

Speaking of David West, he as well as Lance Stephenson, Sam Young, and even Augustine himself have a high tendency of being black holes. I laugh and even cringed when David West was stuck in the post cocked his head left and right like a rooster looking for a pass that I knew for a fact would result in a turnover. David West must be Brandon Bass' distant cousin. He's mastered the art of sabotage. He's suppose to be a veteran mind but his approach to the game as well as his game in general..hasn't changed much. He's still the same player.

Oh..dear lord.....who taught Lance Stephenson how to dribble? Watching him dribble makes me feel like I'm stabbing my pupils with toothpicks and twisting them deeper past the core of the eyeball. Yeesh. His shooting is a poor mans Rafer Alston and we all know how Rafer Alston shot.

Notice...I haven't said about Roy Hibbert....or Paul George? Paul George....got better this year and won an award for getting better. I can't criticize that. I could say he missed free throws and easy shots to keep his team in the game. I can't doubt his character though. He hasn't said anything or flopped about like LeBron has..from what I've seen.

In the case of Roy Hibbert, we've been through the same thing with Dwight Howard. Hibbert must establish himself in the post at a comfortable position. Secondly, you need to get the ball to him! If they double you need..or sent help, its either off ball movement or pass it out for the Tri.

Then....this leads to...what Optimist Prime said. They ain't got no perimeter shooters. Ain't nobody got time fa that.

I have a feeling the Spurs' bench is going to destroy the Heat's. I see the Heat starters making some big runs, but then watching it evaporate when LeBron and "every play I'm involved in, I get to shoot free throws because these games are in no way fixed"-D'wade are sitting. And then those guys will start getting gassed, won't have an answer for Duncan, D'Wade will get "hurt" once he realizes his team is going to lose, and might "miraculously and heroically heal himself" if his team makes a comeback.

HUGE fan of D'Wade here...

• Upvote 1

I have a feeling the Spurs' bench is going to destroy the Heat's. I see the Heat starters making some big runs, but then watching it evaporate when LeBron and "every play I'm involved in, I get to shoot free throws because these games are in no way fixed"-D'wade are sitting. And then those guys will start getting gassed, won't have an answer for Duncan, D'Wade will get "hurt" once he realizes his team is going to lose, and might "miraculously and heroically heal himself" if his team makes a comeback.

HUGE fan of D'Wade here...

I love Tim Duncan and the Spurs but the Heat own this decade.

I hope I'm wrong but I see Miami winning in 6.