bhnole

Official 2013 NBA playoffs Thread

Since it will be a much longer off season than we are usual :svgsad:/>

Here is an NBA playoffs thread here for the Main board since most folks ignore the Around the NBA board.

Personally I rooting for anyone to Knock out the Heat and Lakers.

• Upvote 1

As I said in the Around The NBA thread, I've pretty much accepted the fact that the Heat will win the title this year and next year (hopefully LeBron leaves after next year and goes to the Lakers). While I would be cool with a Thunder rematch (especially since they don't have Harden to choke for them anymore), I really want to see the Nuggets play the Heat in The Finals. It would be the most athletic thing to ever be put on television.

Eastern Conference

(1) Miami - versus - (8) Milwaukee

Regular season series, Heat lead 3-1.

(2) New York Knicks - versus - (7) Boston

Regular season series, Knocks lead 3-1.

(3) Indiana - versus - (6) Atlanta

Regular season series is tied, 2-2.

(4) Brooklyn - versus - (5) Chicago

Regular season series, Bulls lead 3-1.

Western Conference

(1) OKC - versus - (8) Houston

Regular season series, OKC lead 2-1.

(2) San Antonio - versus - (7) LA Lakers

Regular season series, Spurs lead 2-1.

(3) Denver - versus - (6) Golden State

Regular season series, Nuggets lead 3-1.

(4) LA Clippers - versus (5) Memphis

Regular season series, Clippers lead 3-1.

My predictions to get through the first round are:

- Miami, Boston, Indiana, and Chicago

- OKC, Lakers, Denver, Clippers

Then to make the finals:

- Miami, Indiana (though I would love to see the Celtics get past them so we see another Celtics/Heat conference championship series)

- OKC, Denver

And as for the NBA championship I think it will be between OKC and Miami, and while I think the Heat will probably win it 4-2 or 4-3, I would like to see OKC win the title this year. It would certainly give this organisation the boost it needs to prove that the road we are taking by going for young talent, and high picks in the lottery, is the right way to go; rather than take the Heat approach and bring in a big three.

That said, a Miami versus Denver series could be exciting. Also, the Bulls might be a dark horse to get to the finals if Rose returns, but as to whether he'll be enough to overcome the Heat is very debatable. But personally I think it will be a Miami/OKC rematch.

I am all about the underdog and the 'BIG' teams losing. That said I want both LA's out straight up in straight games 0-4 !!

Looking forward to Denver Golden State games.

My predictions to get through the first round are:

- Miami, Boston, Indiana, and Chicago

- OKC, Lakers, Denver, Clippers

Then to make the finals:

- Miami, Indiana (though I would love to see the Celtics get past them so we see another Celtics/Heat conference championship series)

- OKC, Denver

And as for the NBA championship I think it will be between OKC and Miami, and while I think the Heat will probably win it 4-2 or 4-3, I would like to see OKC win the title this year. It would certainly give this organisation the boost it needs to prove that the road we are taking by going for young talent, and high picks in the lottery, is the right way to go; rather than take the Heat approach and bring in a big three.

That said, a Miami versus Denver series could be exciting. Also, the Bulls might be a dark horse to get to the finals if Rose returns, but as to whether he'll be enough to overcome the Heat is very debatable. But personally I think it will be a Miami/OKC rematch.

Not sure how OKC winning a title gives our organization a "boost" or in any way legitimizes what it appears we may or may not be trying to do. Teams have tried to build through the draft before, others have tried the FA route (us) and both have had varying levels of success. Some of its luck, some is shrewd drafting and in OKC's case it was a lot of both. The only thing that will legitimize the path we're on is wins...other team's successes and/or failures have no bearing on our franchise as far as I'm concerned.

• Upvote 1