Sign in to follow this  
The Solution

Pat Garrity contract-bad news

Need to factor in $3,800,000 for Garrity next year.

QUOTE:

Orlando Magic sharpshooting forward Pat Garrity, a former Lewis-Palmer High standout, said he doesn't plan on exercising the final year of his contract that pays $3.8 million next season. "It doesn't make any sense for me to opt out," said Garrity, who has an offseason home in Aspen. ...

http://www.denverpost.com/spears

Need to factor in $3,800,000 for Garrity next year.

QUOTE:

Orlando Magic sharpshooting forward Pat Garrity, a former Lewis-Palmer High standout, said he doesn't plan on exercising the final year of his contract that pays $3.8 million next season. "It doesn't make any sense for me to opt out," said Garrity, who has an offseason home in Aspen. ...

http://www.denverpost.com/spears

quote:
Originally posted by FENDI:

well, this sucks. but either way, I was informed that the Magic might have his contract bought out.

That (buyout) would be the Magic's only way out, remember he has a trade kicker attached to his contract. It will remain at 3.8 mil as long as he is with the Magic, but if he is traded, I can't remeber the exact dollar figure, but it is enough for other teams to walk away from....I know even, better news huh??

quote:
Originally posted by chosen12:

quote:
Originally posted by FENDI:

well, this sucks. but either way, I was informed that the Magic might have his contract bought out.

That (buyout) would be the Magic's only way out, remember he has a trade kicker attached to his contract. It will remain at 3.8 mil as long as he is with the Magic, but if he is traded, I can't remeber the exact dollar figure, but it is enough for other teams to walk away from....I know even, better news huh??

it gets doubled.

Garrity was still good when he signed the contract.

Here's a question for the members that understand the salaty cap a little better than i do...

Is it possible for the Magic to convince Pat that we will make him an "under the table offer" if he opts out? We can cut him a check, or offer him a front office position, etc, etc as long as he opts out and gives us our cap space back.

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

Here's a question for the members that understand the salaty cap a little better than i do...

Is it possible for the Magic to convince Pat that we will make him an "under the table offer" if he opts out? We can cut him a check, or offer him a front office position, etc, etc as long as he opts out and gives us our cap space back.

The under the table stuff would get them nailed by the NBA for trying to manipulate the cap. T-Wolves lost two first rounders when they tried a "wink, wink" deal with Joe Smith.

The league has never turned a blind eye for this organization. Only the Knicks, Nets and Lakers seem to get that treatment.