Sign in to follow this  
nbr

Minnesotta: Orlando trading partner?

why do you guys insist on bringing in other peoples problems. i thought we were trying to build a team with the long range goal in mind. and by the way jj doesnt need to develope he needs to play and give this group some sense on the floor. half the time last year we were out of control. somebody who understands the concept of team needs to be playing. do you really think ricky davis is that guy. jacklj

I think Ricky or Maggette would be a great addition to the team and fills a very huge hole at the shooting guard position. They are both excellent athletes with great size. I read in a post where Maggette over values himself. I beg to differ. His only weakness is that he doesnt have a great 3 point shot but his stats per minute are better than just about everyone not named Kobe. Ricky is a sweet defender and all around player. Both are huge upgrades to starting Redick or Ariza at the 2.

Anyone here rate Hassell. I'd seen nothing more than numbers throughout last season and he seemed feasible on statistic. Anyone care to report.

Just like I've been thinking for the last week,

Ricky Davis and Chris Richard

for

all of our expirings

that'll put us under the cap some more so we can still go after another piece.

quote:
I read in a post where Maggette over values himself.

lol, That was probably me if your referring to someone on this board, I said something earlier. Thats nothing more than a perception from the little I have read on the players persona. I labelled that as a concern, nothing more.

Back to Minny as a trading partner, lol.

Forget Blount, Hassell, Jaric, and Hudson. All are ridiculously overpaid. Unless they include a future first rounder or a talented young guy with one of them, I wouldn't touch any of them. My guess is the only guys interesting to Otis are Smith and Davis.

If the Magic were to make a trade with minnesota,here's what it would look like,Orlando- Garrity,Dooling,Aroyo Receives-Davis,Hassel,Madsen. Starters-Nelson,Davis,Lewis,Battie,Howard.

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

I don't understand why they would trade expiring contracts for expiring contracts???

I don't know but which expiring contract would you rather have this year with our lineup...Pat Garrity or Ricky Davis? I think it's pretty simple.

Timberwolves Roster:

Mark Blount

Corey Brewer

Ricky Davis

Randy Foye

Ryan Gomes

Gerald Green

Trenton Hassell

Juwan Howard

Troy Hudson

Marko Jaric

Al Jefferson

Mark Madsen

Rashad McCants

Theo Ratliff

Chris Richard

Craig Smith

Sebastian Telfair

Bracey Wright

Players of interest...Gerald Green, Corey Brewer, Mark Jaric, Al Jefferson, Randy Foye, Ricky Davis, Ryan Gomes. The problem is, trading will be pointless. Trading young talent for young talent.