Sign in to follow this  
nbr

Minnesotta: Orlando trading partner?

With our expiring contracts and a roster stocked up like Minnesotta surely we can get in on something. Guys like McCants, Hassell are of interest. Not a thread of substance but as a potential partner to satisfy our needs? Whom else is out there. Chris Richard wasanother guy mentioned previously as big. They look like an interesting trade partner.

With our expiring contracts and a roster stocked up like Minnesotta surely we can get in on something. Guys like McCants, Hassell are of interest. Not a thread of substance but as a potential partner to satisfy our needs? Whom else is out there. Chris Richard wasanother guy mentioned previously as big. They look like an interesting trade partner.

NBR, this was from John Hollinger's ESPN Insider chat yesterday:

quote:

Kevin McHale: Wouldn't Minnesota be better suited to deal Ricky Davis and his expiring contract along with a couple bad contracts, say Troy Hudson and Trenton Hassell for more expiring contracts? One deal could be to Orlando for the expiring contracts of Arroyo, Dooling, Bogans, and Garrity. Or to Miami for Jason Williams, Michael Doleac, and Wayne Simien.

John Hollinger: This type of thing absolutely will be happening -- they'll shop Davis and a dog contract and hope to get expiring deals in return. Or they'll just flat out buy a couple guys out.

I might add that I saw this morning on the NBA ticker that Ricky Davis agent said the team was going to but him out.

I thought about this scenario also. Just wondering what the other members of this board thought about some of the T-Wolves players?

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

quote:

Kevin McHale: Wouldn't Minnesota be better suited to deal Ricky Davis and his expiring contract along with a couple bad contracts, say Troy Hudson and Trenton Hassell for more expiring contracts? One deal could be to Orlando for the expiring contracts of Arroyo, Dooling, Bogans, and Garrity. Or to Miami for Jason Williams, Michael Doleac, and Wayne Simien.

John Hollinger: This type of thing absolutely will be happening -- they'll shop Davis and a dog contract and hope to get expiring deals in return. Or they'll just flat out buy a couple guys out.

I might add that I saw this morning on the NBA ticker that Ricky Davis agent said the team was going to but him out.

I thought about this scenario also. Just wondering what the other members of this board thought about some of the T-Wolves players?

Sounds good to me. Hopefully we don't have to give up all 4 of those guys, but having Davis will be nice to have a proven SG while Reddick still develops.

Not sure what Hudson has been up to lately, but if I remember right, he was a short, speedy, scoring point guard. I am pretty sure we already have one of those.

Davis could certainly be a nice fit at the two-spot, but what about the baggage? No one else has been able to stick by this guy.

I'm not sure if dumping expiring contracts for other bad contracts is worthwhile if the needs aren't met.

Hassell and McCants....I don't know...Hassell maybe, but can anyone honestly say that McCants is a better option than JJ?

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

quote:

Now the thread has some substance, lol.

I didn't consider Ricky as I hadn't heard anything about his position, but with that mentioned

Ricky Davis gets my interest. I would definitely look at it. I've seen his capabilities, but what are the cons. I'm sure i've read external factors outside of basketball about this guy and as ufballer mentioned and used the words head case?

The problem is we really need another big now more than a wing player. Minnesota would be more than happy to unload Howard and Blount, but those guys are old, not very good and hugely overpaid.

Davis is interesting but also an unrestricted FA next summer, I don't want to trade assets for a guy who we can lose for nothing.

davis, craig smith for arroyo, garrity works; expirings for expirings

i take it they want players who wont complain about letting the young guns get ample pt, so arroyo garrity would work. wed get a good sg who can shoot the rock better than i thought, a big that would fill our need nicely, and both expiring contracts so we could still pull a deal down the road w/ them and dooling

quote:
Originally posted by ufballer86:

davis, craig smith for arroyo, garrity works; expirings for expirings

i take it they want players who wont complain about letting the young guns get ample pt, so arroyo garrity would work. wed get a good sg who can shoot the rock better than i thought, a big that would fill our need nicely, and both expiring contracts so we could still pull a deal down the road w/ them and dooling

I don't think Minny will bite. While there both expiring, Smith and Davis hold way more value this year than Arroyo and Garrity do. Would be nice though. Unless the wolves are in total rebuilding mode and don't mind tanking the season for a high draft pick.

I dont recall Davis being a headcase. In Cleveland he was young and a bit like Kobe in the all me way of play. In Boston they loved him and I havent heard anything bad out of Minny. I remember his attempt at a cheap triple double but other than that the guys seems ok to me. He just looks like a headcase.