Sign in to follow this  
Emory889

The Official VC to Orlando thread. ~merged~

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_Magic:

quote:
Originally posted by davcivic:

I would make that deal, the one from realgm in a heartbeat, but it is unlikely they would agree to it.

I guess if the choice is JJ and VC I would have to pick VC. I really really would hate to see him go so soon, but VC brings much more to the team.

I agree Dave, I would much rather see JJ stay BUT if that was to make or break the deal we would have to say bye to Mr Redick!

VC has impressed me so much with his attitude towards Orlando and I think he would be a great fit here!

1. I love that trade from the RealGM site. That would be a dream come true. Let's email it to Otis and Thorn, lol.

2. I don't agree with you guys. JJ has shown he belongs on this team. I don't want to see him go at all. If it came down to choosing him or VC and this was make-or-break decision, I would say "NO; we'll get Carter for free in a few months" and hope Thorn gives in. I hope Otis is uses his strong PIMP hand and we get who we want for what we want.

quote:
Originally posted by O-dub:

With every player that anyone suggests to be traded, it seem as if the we the other person is more benefited. Thats why I'm not down with this trade. Hope that clock runs very quick with no trades

I thought I was the only one that noticed that...Good observation .

I would make that deal, the one from realgm in a heartbeat, but it is unlikely they would agree to it.

I guess if the choice is JJ and VC I would have to pick VC. I really really would hate to see him go so soon, but VC brings much more to the team.

I think the team is thinking about moving JJ for these reasons

- Adding Carter will just be adding more offense and less playing time for JJ. When Carter is out of the game the backup SG will be a defensive guy.

- JJ wants to play and to be more then a 3 point shooter role player and he would get that at NJ.

- NJ has a lot of Duke alumni!!

- NJ will save face by at least getting something from the Carter deal.

Now I did not say JJ was for sure because trading Hedo and JJ would be trading most of our 3pt shooters. Travis does not have that much trade value so lets say the Nets want one of our rookies, who would you choose?

Darko

Trevor

JJ

The answer is JJ!

I found this on realGM and it looks like a great move.

Orlando Recieves:

SG-Vince Carter

C-Mile Ilic

New Jersey Recieves:

PF-Aaron Williams

SG-Corey Maggette

PG-Travis Diener

SG-Keyon Dooling

2009 Orlando 1st Round Pick

Los Angeles Recieves:

PF-Pat Garrity

SF-Hedo Turkoglu

2007 2nd Round Pick Orlando

2007 2nd Round Pick New Jersey

Why For Orlando: With all this talk about VC wanting to go to Orlando, Orlando get's their star shooting guard, while keeping Grant Hill as it's come obvious that it's unlikely he's traded.

Why For New Jersey: New Jersey get's a PF who served them well while he was in New Jersey years ago, Corey Maggette who is only 27 years old and could fill the void of VC if New Jersey decides to keep Jason Kidd, or give's them a SG who is capable of putting up 20+ ppg, if they decide to blow it all up. Keyon Dooling is a filler, but quality and could opt out to give NJ some cap relief, and of course the future 1st round pick helps for the future.

quote:
Originally posted by ThefutureGM:

I think the team is thinking about moving JJ for these reasons

- Adding Carter will just be adding more offense and less playing time for JJ. When Carter is out of the game the backup SG will be a defensive guy.

- JJ wants to play and to be more then a 3 point shooter role player and he would get that at NJ.

- NJ has a lot of Duke alumni!!

- NJ will save face by at least getting something from the Carter deal.

Now I did not say JJ was for sure because trading Hedo and JJ would be trading most of our 3pt shooters. Travis does not have that much trade value so lets say the Nets want one of our rookies, who would you choose?

Darko

Trevor

JJ

The answer is JJ!

I agree, you have to make that deal. I have been a big supporter of JJ, but VC is the total package.

With a future starting lineup of Jameer, VC, Dwight, Darko and Ariza.

Get ready to hear Paul Porter say "and now here is the defending NBA Champions youuurrrr ORLAANNDDDDO MAAAGICCCC!!!"

If this trade scenario is true I would do that in a heartbeat! The question is would Jersey do it.

Are you kidding! All we have to give up is Redick! Errr, what did Otis call him, "Steve Kerr"! A career back-up for a "bigtime" player?

That's a "no-brainer"!

Getting off the subject for just a second, did anyone see the Carter dunk in the first half where he spun at the foul line and jumped right after the spin and dunked? It ran chills through my spine thinking of the impact that would have at Amway Arena!

If the trade goes down T-Mac himself said the Magic would be a "great contender" for years to come.

quote:
Originally posted by davcivic:

I agree Dave, I would much rather see JJ stay BUT if that was to make or break the deal we would have to say bye to Mr Redick!

VC has impressed me so much with his attitude towards Orlando and I think he would be a great fit here!

I agree with you davcivic! Hedo's health problems are a liability as of late and there is a good chance Dooling will resign with Miami this summer. JJ though has a huge upside and has shown that ultra quick sharp shooting that has made him a NCAA legend.

I just hope the third to go if this is true is someone other thad Ariza, JJ, D-12, and Darko. I would hope they would send Grant instead of JJ and get him back this summer.