Sign in to follow this  
Emory889

The Official VC to Orlando thread. ~merged~

SO what has to happen here now? We wait until the 3pm deadline comes and then just move on to "HOPING" that we can survive the season? Not interested. I find it hard to believe that (and he's my 2nd fav player on the team) Trevor Ariza is going to be our saving grace. I'm getting nervous now. Anyone else?

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

Have any trades around the league been announced yet?

Not yet which leads me to believe that a major deal will go down?? Remember that teams have until 3pm to agree on terms and the details can be worked out past that time. My source did not know anything last night because Otis was out of town. He was back at the office today. I will call her at lunch to see what is going on.

Some interesting observations

- Otis sounded a little frazzled on 740 the Team yesterday.

- Vince was in a good mood when asked about trade rumors during the All-star week but seemed agitated when asked about trades after yesterdays game

- Vince went off for 40 plus points last night. Do you think he is sending a message?

- Thorn says he is standing pat but why is he working the phones?

- I bet Thorn wants 2 of our rooks (JJ, Trevor, and Darko) but Otis will not budge.

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

I am blown away at how many of you are contorting Otis' remarks. He never said VC is fools gold. He said what GMs are offering is fools gold. He never said the fans are unknowledgable. Rather, he said he can't just go by polls and make a trade that won't benefit the team. And yes, he did ask Jerry (740 am) if he (Jerry) would trade a 21 year old big for a 30 sg. Fair question, imho. Moreover, he DID say that he, the coach, ownership, and the team DOES have to answer to all of the criticism. My point: Many of you are projecting your anger to anything and everything Magic and it is starting to distort reality.

Soul Bro, you are correct, that statement was completly distorted. I heard the entire interview and hed said people were wavinig fools gold, although he said it in the same breath, rushed if you would! This is sad!!!

quote:
Originally posted by ThefutureGM:

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

Have any trades around the league been announced yet?

Not yet which leads me to believe that a major deal will go down?? Remember that teams have until 3pm to agree on terms and the details can be worked out past that time. My source did not know anything last night because Otis was out of town. He was back at the office today. I will call her at lunch to see what is going on.

Some interesting observations

- Otis sounded a little frazzled on 740 the Team yesterday.

- Vince was in a good mood when asked about trade rumors during the All-star week but seemed agitated when asked about trades after yesterdays game

- Vince went off for 40 plus points last night. Do you think he is sending a message?

- Thorn says he is standing pat but why is he working the phones?

- I bet Thorn wants 2 of our rooks (JJ, Trevor, and Darko) but Otis will not budge.

What does all that frustration and irritability say though? Are they sick of the questions becasue something is going to happen or because nothing is going down?

quote:
Originally posted by chosen12:

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

I am blown away at how many of you are contorting Otis' remarks. He never said VC is fools gold. He said what GMs are offering is fools gold. He never said the fans are unknowledgable. Rather, he said he can't just go by polls and make a trade that won't benefit the team. And yes, he did ask Jerry (740 am) if he (Jerry) would trade a 21 year old big for a 30 sg. Fair question, imho. Moreover, he DID say that he, the coach, ownership, and the team DOES have to answer to all of the criticism. My point: Many of you are projecting your anger to anything and everything Magic and it is starting to distort reality.

Soul Bro, you are correct, that statement was completly distorted. I heard the entire interview and hed said people were wavinig fools gold, although he said it in the same breath, rushed if you would! This is sad!!!

I too heard the interview, and I totally agree. He was complaining that he was getting low-balled on every offer.

What I did get from the interview is that he sounded totally disgusted with Hedo. Again, he did not SAY he was totally disgusted with him.

He did say that his 'flu-like symptoms' was not a medical issue, but was between his ears. Not exactly a glowing compliment.

Wow.......Nothing like your GM calling out your mental toughness. In regards to Vince I see where Otis is going. Why risk the future when you can just sign VC over the summer. I also feel the reason he is talking up Ariza so much is that he wants to see how this team truly gels with the young nucleus all together. I am not saying they should not trade for VC it just appears more and more likely they will not.

Also unrelated but since I do not live in Orlando does that radio station stream and does Otis have a weekly scheduled segment.

Can't we please at least send Hedo to a dark cave in India or trade him for someone decent. People are writing J-Rich is very available. My nerves are through the roof and I've almost got a side cramp over this stuff. I'm about to start an M.A. group for all of us.

quote:
Originally posted by Drain-O:

In regards to Vince I see where Otis is going. Why risk the future when you can just sign VC over the summer.

You cannot just sign Vince this Summer. We would still be required to trade players to free up cap space if we were going to sign Vince and retain Darko. Then we also lose our MLE.

The 740 radio program with Otis is broadcast weekly.

quote:
Originally posted by Drain-O:

Wow.......Nothing like your GM calling out your mental toughness. In regards to Vince I see where Otis is going. Why risk the future when you can just sign VC over the summer. I also feel the reason he is talking up Ariza so much is that he wants to see how this team truly gels with the young nucleus all together. I am not saying they should not trade for VC it just appears more and more likely they will not.

Also unrelated but since I do not live in Orlando does that radio station stream and does Otis have a weekly scheduled segment.

740theteam.com ... Wednesdays at 5 pm