Sign in to follow this  
Emory889

The Official VC to Orlando thread. ~merged~

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

Jambo calm down. I know you're pi**** off because I am too but be a little rational. This game doesn't mean anything when it comes to trade scenarios. It doesn't change the fact that Carter wants to play here.

Its just that kind of irrational thoughts that would have the Magic trading away too much to get Carter.

Just so you know it isn't up to Otis to fire Brian Hill. That decision is up to the owners.

I know it is up to the Owners, but if Otis is not in there ear Daily about how bad he is doing and how frustrated our Building Block is, and if this keeps up we may have another Shaq situation on our hands. Howard will continue to get frustrated and will not sign an extension if this keeps up. Otis needs to relay this to the Owners who obviously do not know anything about Basketball, and how to treat the players with respect and not with a joke for a coach.

You underestimate the owner's devotion to Brian Hill. It wouldn't be prudent at this point for Otis to start a war. Let Brian Hill do what he does best...give him enough rope to hang himself. Then hopefully Otis can bring in a real coach.

quote:
Originally posted by Magicman28:

Yes, Ric Bucher did say this. It was on Coast to Coast.

Why would I want to make this crap up?

If true, I want Hill out of here.

Magicman28, I just want further confirmation that this is true. If it is true, I will lose my basketball mind.

Magicman28,

No one's doubting your credibility, I think Soul Bro is feeling the same way I'm feeling. Here we go again. From the franchise that brought you;

Educating Shaq on Loyalty - by Rich DeBOSS - telling Shaq to take less money right before Shaq bolted to LA.

Amateur night at the GM - when our minor league GM decides he's more important than T-mac - the team's superstar, and trades him for junk.

Now comes,

I don't want to coach Carter - where our inept coach that no o else would hire - decides we shouldn't get a superstar player.

Only in Orlando do we see such tragedy unfold.

The Devos family knows jack squat about basketball, WEISBROD RESIGNED BECAUSE HE DIDN'T WANT HILL! If it's true that we won't get vince because of this egomaniac of a coach SOMETHING needs to be done. Accepting Brian Hill, is accepting mediocrity and I'm sick of it.

Devos would choose Hill over Dwight too I bet.

Vince to the Clippers actually makes more sense than one might think. At least from the Clips perspective.

The Clips are a notoriously cheap organization who has spent to get the Clips over the hump. All indications are however that this team peaked last season.

After a nice run in the playoffs last season, the team re-signed Cassell, signed Tim Thomas, and gave Kaman a phat extension after landing Cuttino Mobley if FA last season. Add a healthy Corey Maggette and a young talent in Shaun Livingston and the Clips were very optimistic headed into this season.

Fast forward 50 games and the Clips are a major disappointment.

So, why would the Clips be interested in renting Vince?

1) Potentially salvage this season

2) Cut 15 million in salary next season

Second Issue...

Why would Thorn not trade Vince to the Magic if he's likely to lose him in the offseason?

If the Nets are blowing it up, they would want building blocks for the future, not marginal veterans without expiring contracts like Hedo, Dooling, ect...???

It's in their best interest to either get building blocks or nothing in return. But, I have difficulty seeing them get what they want from either organization unless Thorn covets Maggette and/or the Clips are willing to part with Livingston. Who, will be knocking on the door for an extension soon.

Let's all pray that Napoleon slips on some ice in Detroit and has to join Pat Riley for a hip replacement! Randy Ayers can't be as bad as Hill, can he ? I'd even settle for Richie Adubato. If Otis can't see that we need a Vince or Ray right now he's not the genious we all made him out to be.

quote:
Originally posted by Magicman28:

Ric Buecher and Mark Stein were both on ESPN Coast to Coast and Ric said that the only team that has offered anything is the Clippers. They offered Cassell, Mobley and Maggette but in the last few minutes offered Livingston instead of Cassell. Ric said to forget about the Orlando rumors because Brian Hill does not want to coach Vince Carter.

What is this crap? Where do they get this from?

I really don't see the Clippers as a major player. They are giving up most of their backcourt of a 3 month rental...hopefully 3 month rental. They held on to Livingston as if he GOD during the Iverson talks; why deal him now for a player who may not return after this season? Crazy.

NOW, if this crap is true that BRIAN FVCKING HILL doesn't want Vince on the team, Otis should hand him his walking papers. A coach is not supposed to keep the team from improving. I can't believe this Napolean Dynomite is this blind to see that our team needs a CONSISTENT scorer and arrogant enought to not want him on the team when/if he is available. If we do not land Vince because of Brian FVCKING HILL, I too will not watch anymore Magic games. I cannot support a team that doesn't want to improve. I love our group of players and believe in them but what's the point if the coach is going to commit the same errors to cause our team to lose games. We have a chance to add top-notch talent to our growning neucleus and become serious contenders in the east and are willing to throw all of this away for the ego of our coach...no sir. If I was old and didn't have anything going for myself in life, I would take one for our team and try to take out Brian fvcking Hill myself.

38 hours and counting.....

quote:
Originally posted by MagicManEvan:

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_ma..._carter_to.html

quote:
Rumors were flying so hard and fast that you'd have thought there was a circus acrobat convention in Las Vegas.

The most persistent one: Vince Carter to Orlando.

Even Tracy McGrady, VC's cousin, couldn't resist, saying Vince has a home in Orlando and wants to move back . . ..

Then there was the talk that TNT, following Dwight Howard around, might have intercepted some dialogue between Carter and Howard that indicated VC might become magic property before the trade deadline.

Apparently, Carter, who can opt out of his mega deal after the season, wants to be "in Florida."

Terrific rumor mill stuff.

Not true, says kill joy Otis Smith, who generally manages the Magic.

'No," is Otis' response when asked if the Magic are trying to get Carter.

Smith says he doesn't expect to make a trade, period.

---------------------------------------------

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/02/20/sports/b...gin&oref=slogin

quote:
Trading Kidd, who is to make $40 million over the next two seasons, would probably lead to the end of Vince Carter

Just to let anyone know, I don't want Vince Carter here unless we are signing him in the offseason.