Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Carlos speaks about demotion, Dooling will play more, Darko still hurt-(Denton blog)

quote:
About Arroyo's comments, to be honest I have no clue why people here are trying to make it a big thing. He didn't say anything bad. Just that OBVIOUSLY he's not happy with his demotion. If he said that he was happy and that this is the best thing could happen the team I would fire him right there! NOT ONE OF YOU would feel great if you are a player and you are demoted. Let's cut the cra-p!

Well if he said that he was fine with not playing then his fire or motivation would be questioned which was exactly my point and I take it yours. No NBA player likes to be benched. In fact no one in ANY profession is happy about being demoted. To his credit he very purposefully stated that he would be keeping any thoughts beyond that to himself. Wheres the beef with that?

I think the media has way too much power to take a player interview and turn it into something "juicy." I think that Arroyo responded honestly to a question that was most likely asked in a way to generate a certain response. We have seen this happen several times this season, not just with him but with other players as well.

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

To both OsoTommy, and Magicmaninmiami,

Thanks for responding. I was speaking as a board member. The fact that I am a moderator has in no way affected how I post (yet!!). In fact, I have taken the team to task many times in my Fan Voice Blog in the blog section of the boards.

Yes, there are definitely those that provoke or otherwise contribute to this problem. I would say that they come from both sides of this particular argument.

It was not my intent to contribute to the problem. But in case I have, I try to clear it up a bit now. First off, Miami, if you re-read my post, what I said was "getting old" was the constant back and forth between those on both sides of the issue. Please don't misconstrue that.

Often, the PG argument and all its factors (Diener and Dooling have been included as well) have overshadowed any success the team has had this year. If we win and one PG played good, it means that one should play more. If we lose and one PG played bad, he should sit the bench. It would appear that it will not end until we have a PG who consistently performs well and contributes to a winning team. The sad - or scary - thing is that we can't be certain that we even have one of those on the roster!

Live or Die,

My main point is that this is going to happen all the time. It doesn't matter that we trade Jameer, Arroyo and Diener for Steve Nash and I assure you that there will be a group of people that will fight about it and the same it'll go over and over and over again. This is the same story on other boards that I have visited from other teams. Where there are fans, there are a million of diferent opinions, and they "ALL know what they are talking about". It's just the nature of this and even though, like you said, some of the discussions get old, they will show back one way or another. Just keep doing your work and trying to keep it clean for both sides and the 30 voices in their heads. You're fine my friend. I did not tried to state the oposite.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by serbianeagle:

emory why do you have to be a douches bag all the time.

magic fans=big family

Come on, this thing had almost settled and now you're stirring the pot again. He was making a joke. You know, kind of like posting satirical articles.

watching me watching you bashin me,lol

nice one bro

is all cool

GO MAGIC

quote:
First off, Miami, if you re-read my post, what I said was "getting old" was the constant back and forth between those on both sides of the issue. Please don't misconstrue that.

Fair enough. I probably did read that slightly different than you meant it but you were complaining about those standing up for Arroyo fans with a phrase about "not owning the boards" so it did seem that you were targeting the Arroyo fan supporters and explaining the sentiment of the (sorry theres nothing else to call it but) Arroyo fan attackers.

My point is you have to live in a cave not to know a significant part of the Puerto rican community loves Arroyo so what is more contentious than writing

"I'm just so sick and tired of the Carlos fans and their sense of entitlement over buying tickets and Arroyo jerseys to go watch a player that they idolize that has never amounted to anything in the NBA."

I mean obviously you are targeting Puerto Rican fans and looking to enrage them because you KNOW that they Idolize Carlos as one of their nationals that have made it to the NBA (what in the world is wrong with that I have no idea). Frankly I don't see why we have to dump on an entire group of Magic fans or on a Magic player that has had no great part in us losing.

Finally on this issue - having gone through the thread I must object to your objection. People have every right to say that some people think they own these boards and remind them that they don't. More than once in this thread some of them have openly told Arroyo fans to stop posting or leave the boards. If you are going to allow venting that tells people to leave the boards as if they own them you are (if fairness is the objective) going to have to allow people to object by reminding them that they do not own them.

I have been reading this board now for a long time. I have gleemed some great information from many of these fans. Most of these fans are so very passionate and knowledgeable.

I have read a few posts that have made me cringe and angry but when I really stop and analyze most posts they are done out of love for either a certain player or for the team overall.

This city is starving for a winner and looking for something to cheer about besides Disney World. But what I have a hard time excepting and trying to justify is someone who posts just to anger people. I think our mods are doing a great job of keeping people in line and cooling people off when needed. What I feel we don't need is a magiczone cop and bully. And that I believe is you Magicmaninmiami. You seem to look and wait for a subject just to degrade it. Loosen up and take a pill and let these true fans vent in their own way and not your way.

quote:

I think the media has way too much power to take a player interview and turn it into something "juicy." I think that Arroyo responded honestly to a question that was most likely asked in a way to generate a certain response. We have seen this happen several times this season, not just with him but with other players as well.

Which is why, if you think about it, we have been in the same boat as FANS. I understand the frustration brought out by people saying your favorite player was "whining, complaining" and overall just having a "bad attitude." Remember this post

http://orlandomagiczone.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/8891029871/m/8221007033/p/1

So trust me, in this case, I feel ya

Schmitz's latest Blog:

Unhappy Arroyo On Trade Block This Summer?

Posted on Mar 16, 2007 8:47:43 AM

Magic point guard Carlos Arroyo's rollercoaster season now has reached its low point --- with the popular player from Puerto Rico riding the bench.

Arroyo was replaced in the rotation on Wednesday night by Keyon Dooling as the Magic spanked one of 'Los' old teams --- the Utah Jazz.

Unless there are injuries, it's doubtful that Coach Brian Hill will make another change.

That leaves Arroyo --- and guard Keith Bogans -- as the odd-men out.

Arroyo has struggled at times this season after a fast start, and was benched for two games this season, allowing Travis Diener to get some playing time.

Arroyo loves Orlando, and doesn't want to leave. But he is clearly just as frustrated and disappointed now as he was the first time Hill sat him down.

"My thoughts are my thoughts," he said after Thursday's practice. "No comment."

The Magic could try to deal him for another point guard or a back-up big man this summer.

Truth is, the Magic are not enamored this season with the play of Arroyo or starter Jameer Nelson.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_magic/2007/03/arroyo_on_trade.html

quote:
What I feel we don't need is a magiczone cop and bully. And that I believe is you Magicmaninmiami. You seem to look and wait for a subject just to degrade it. Loosen up and take a pill and let these true fans vent in their own way and not your way.

Don't really care what you think. I responded to a post that blasted an entire group of Magic fans in a thread where they were told to stop posting here more than once and I am the cop or the bully? That speaks for itself. Work on a moderator banning me because I don't fit in with that clique. Theres no other way such a biased take can affect me because its obvious to any objective reader that I did not turn this thread. Arrroyo fans were taking abuse long before I defended their right to post.

In this case I'll take your disdain as a badge of honor and wear it proudly. Puerto Rican fans of Arroyo and the magic ARE "true fans" despite what you think.

quote:
But if it doesn't and Hill keeps Arroyo on bench for the remaining of the season I can guarantee you that whole Hispanic fans gonna quit going and suporting Magic games.

Just to clarify, my post wasn't intended to anger the Arroyo fans. It was a response to numerous posts that echo the sentiment expressed in the quote above. For the newer members of the forum, your opinions are no less valid than anyone else. However, there is a bevy of information on old posts that you have not been subjected to. Numerous posts about how Arroyo is better than Nash. Numerous posts about how anybody that criticzies Arroyo is a racist. Numerous posts about how we are all members of the KKK. Numeorus posts about how five different NBA coaches have not given Arroyo a chance just because of his heritage. So, unless you care to go back and read a few thousand posts that you have missed, I would suggest that you reduce the scope of your posts to cover things that you are aware of. As soon as the Arroyo fans start saying things like "I am never going to post on this forum again."... or, "I can guarantee you that whole Hispanic fans gonna quit going and suporting Magic games.", you can bet that a few long standing members here are going to say good riddance.

For anyone that took my post as a provocation for an altercation, I apologize. It was not meant that way. I merely am tired of hearing the fans of one player say that they are going to abandon the team. As a fan of the team, that type of support seems deliberately counterproductive to the mission that the Magic are on. But that's just my opinion.

I care less what some guys here think about me or any Arroyo essue. The same way I can get out of this forum you can get out to ! There is no difference betwwen your dammm opinon and mine.

By the way if you cant see the reality in front of your own eyes, walk with other people hands.