Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Carlos speaks about demotion, Dooling will play more, Darko still hurt-(Denton blog)

quote:
Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:40 pm Post subject: ARROYO, BOGANS OUT OF MAGIC ROTATION

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Point guard Carlos Arroyo and Keith Bogans are out of the Orlando Magic's rotation for the forseeable future and head coach Brian Hill isn't likely to change anytime soon after the Magic played so well Wednesday night.

Instead, Hill played moved Keyon Dooling back to point guard and he played rookie J.J. Redick at shooting guard in the place of Bogans. After Wednesday's defeat of Utah, Hill said, ``I used the guys that I thought were going to help us win the game.'' Hill said Thursday he might go back to Arroyo and Bogans -- but only if the situation demands it.

``It's really just going to depend on how the game is going,'' he said. ``It will depend on what we need.''

Arroyo and Bogans met with Hill before the game and were told of their demotions. Arroyo, whose popularity last season upon arriving in Central Florida, obviously isn't happy about it.

``What do you want me to say about it, that I'm happy?'' he said Thursday. ``My thoughts are my thoughts. That's why they are my thoughts.''

Dooling will likely get even more playing time at point guard Saturday when the Magic host the Sacramento Kings because Hill wants him pressuring Mike Bibby all over the floor.

``He's able to pick up the ball all 94 feet and make it harder for the the point guard to make reads in the offense,'' Hill said. ``It makes them work deeper in the shot clock and have to hurry shots. Having Keyon pressuring the ball and Trevor's (Ariza) defensive effort on the floor, it changed the tempo of the game.''

In other news, Darko Milicic missed practice again Thursday with a sciatic nerve problem in his lower back. Milicic missed Wednesday's game with the pain in his back.

--- John Denton, FLA TODAY

I don't think there's a person on these boards who didn't like what Keyon did last night. As I've seen so many post today the line-up with Redick, Trevor, Dwight and I think Turk or Grant was outstanding.

It's a tough situation with Arroyo. What's a Magic fan to do? I feel bad for the guy. I think he has given his all for the team and the communtity. Not a good way for him to finish the year.

I guess we can officially start wondering about Darko.

http://forums.floridatoday.com/viewtopic.php?t=22351&si...f81a5b71b92bdd8f75aa

quote:
Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:40 pm Post subject: ARROYO, BOGANS OUT OF MAGIC ROTATION

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Point guard Carlos Arroyo and Keith Bogans are out of the Orlando Magic's rotation for the forseeable future and head coach Brian Hill isn't likely to change anytime soon after the Magic played so well Wednesday night.

Instead, Hill played moved Keyon Dooling back to point guard and he played rookie J.J. Redick at shooting guard in the place of Bogans. After Wednesday's defeat of Utah, Hill said, ``I used the guys that I thought were going to help us win the game.'' Hill said Thursday he might go back to Arroyo and Bogans -- but only if the situation demands it.

``It's really just going to depend on how the game is going,'' he said. ``It will depend on what we need.''

Arroyo and Bogans met with Hill before the game and were told of their demotions. Arroyo, whose popularity last season upon arriving in Central Florida, obviously isn't happy about it.

``What do you want me to say about it, that I'm happy?'' he said Thursday. ``My thoughts are my thoughts. That's why they are my thoughts.''

Dooling will likely get even more playing time at point guard Saturday when the Magic host the Sacramento Kings because Hill wants him pressuring Mike Bibby all over the floor.

``He's able to pick up the ball all 94 feet and make it harder for the the point guard to make reads in the offense,'' Hill said. ``It makes them work deeper in the shot clock and have to hurry shots. Having Keyon pressuring the ball and Trevor's (Ariza) defensive effort on the floor, it changed the tempo of the game.''

In other news, Darko Milicic missed practice again Thursday with a sciatic nerve problem in his lower back. Milicic missed Wednesday's game with the pain in his back.

--- John Denton, FLA TODAY

I don't think there's a person on these boards who didn't like what Keyon did last night. As I've seen so many post today the line-up with Redick, Trevor, Dwight and I think Turk or Grant was outstanding.

It's a tough situation with Arroyo. What's a Magic fan to do? I feel bad for the guy. I think he has given his all for the team and the communtity. Not a good way for him to finish the year.

http://forums.floridatoday.com/viewtopic.php?t=22351&si...f81a5b71b92bdd8f75aa

If Darko is feeling it in his sciatic nerve, that is not a very good sign.

I hope it is not very bad as we will need his size.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

Do you mean physically, as in "We all hope Darko comes back soon", or as in "This is one mysterious back injury"?

Sciatic nerves are extremely painful, it can take months for someone to recover if they get them twisted or pinched particularly badly.

Hopefully the Magic trainers are on the ball with it!

Brian Hill is finally doing something right. I haven't said anything negative about Arroyo in awhile, but that time is over. Now that the Arroyo leach mob is back it's time to attack away.

Dooling played great at the point, and Redick played well defensively. When we're playing with fire like we were last night, we're a pretty good team regardless of Brian Hill. We need a lot more intensity like we saw from dooling and Ariza. Lets go Magic!!

I thought I might add, of all the thousands of suggestions that people on these boards give to Coach Hill for making adjustments in game strategy or rotations I don't think I've seen "anyone" post about putting Keyon at the point. He's been playing mostly shooting guard this year.

If I'm wrong and someone did please correct me.

Let's give credit to the man when he makes a positive decision. So far!(lol)

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

So Arroyo's not happy with his demotion?

Then maybe he shouldn't have facilitated it with his poor shot selection, poor defense, and poor attitude.

Watch out SmackDaddy the Arroyo leach mob might get you. They're probably trying to come up with a way to blame Jameer for this right now, so give them some time.

I'm not real worried. Carlos brought this on himself. He hasn't played well, expcept for very small, isolated stretches this entire season. He was already benched once this year and he spoke out about the decision. Then he was given another 20-30 game opportunity to prove that his poor play was only a small slump. Well, guess what? His slump has lasted 5 seasons in the NBA. He is not the answer and deserves to be told so.

If it work well with Arroyo on bench,good. But if it doesn't and Hill keeps Arroyo on bench for the remaining of the season I can guarantee you that whole Hispanic fans gonna quit going and suporting Magic games.

Right now the hispanic media is talking about Arroyos benching.We all know not all is pink on todays business.

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

So Arroyo's not happy with his demotion?

Then maybe he shouldn't have facilitated it with his poor shot selection, poor defense, and poor attitude.

Watch out SmackDaddy the Arroyo leach mob might get you. They're probably trying to come up with a way to blame Jameer for this right now, so give them some time.

KBerto, my fellow Gator, it's "lynch" mob, not "leach" mob.

Sorry, I'm in a picky mood today...

Oh, about Nelson, I've already seen an Arroyo-follower make a comment about how Nelson hugs coach Hill before games and is a brown-noser, that's *almost* like blaming this on Nelson.