Sign in to follow this  
djmase20

KG Deal Final!!

One thing you have to consider when you put 3 superstars together on 1 team... it's kinda like an all star game!

It will hard for all of them to maintain the numbers that they are used to getting... all 3 of them are used to carrying their team. They are gonna have to develop some fabulous chemistry if they want to maintain their averages.

Well if Kg didnt sign to an exension with the Celtics, all this could blow up in the boston celtics face. It looks good for now but if he get there and dont like the situation hes in, he will definitely opt out. But i seriously doubt it with pierce and allen there. They are injury prone but he probaly didnt look at that before agreed to this. But Celtics are making good business moves. Not only did they get Garnett, there now gonna satisfy the fans and also their star player Paul Pierce asking for veteren players. If they didnt get them he was gonna ask to be traded. Another Kobe situation that they didnt want so not only did they get a veteren player, but they got 2 veteren ALLSTAR players in Garnett and Allen. So Celtics had to make moves for now but there future is a question. With KG Ray Ray and the truth Paul P all in there 30s. But they are gonna be hurting on the bench i guess like poker, THERE GOING ALL IN. All or nothing. Aquiring KG was a great investment in which will basically sell out their arena every night. But i hope this blow up in their faces, cause im a Magic fan, and thats 1 less team we would have to worry about. GO MAGIC!!!!!!

The teams that should be worried about this deal are the Pistons and maybe the Heat. Those teams thought they could continue to stay atop the east for the next couple of years and now that window might have slammed shut. I don't think the Pistons have enough weapons to compete with the Celtics and the Heat and Cavs definitely don't.

This move won't affect us or the Bulls (well maybe the bulls a little bit with Ben Wallace getting older). We aren't expecting the Magic to seriously compete for a title for another 3 years or so. By that time the Celtics will be ancient.

Boston should be alot of fun to watch this year.

Three allstars on any team is just freaky. I honestly believe that Boston become instant contenders, especially in the wide open East. KG will be a force, and so will a motivated Peirce. Ray Allen won't even have to do much, just hit any open shots, which he sure as hell can do with ease. Boston is going to be extremely fun to watch this season. If they can mesh right, the path out of the East is very bright for them. Sucks for the Magic though....for the next two seasons maybe, after that, it's our time to shine.

No doubt: they will be a REAL entertaining team to watch. Almost a dream team. There's going to be little a team can do to compete against any of them one on one.

But it's been said, they ain't young. The Magic will be there to climb that mountain in a few years.

quote:
Originally posted by djmase20:

quote:
quote:

Originally posted by You're Fat, Pat!:

well...here we go...

but if im not mistaken, they only have KG for 1 year, right??? he can then opt out of his contract after this season...

so that gives them one shot at a title...and it wouldnt surprise me if they got it done...

but now, they have no bench...at all...theyre gonna be a tired team...and not to mention the fact that Allen, and Pierce are injury prone players...now, who would replace them in an injury??? not Gerald Green...so now who???

Wow the Celtics gave up like 4 dudes to get Kevin Garnett for only 1 year. If he doesnt resign with them, then their f*****. But i doubt it if he dont resign with them. I mean hes playing with Ray Allen and Paul Pierce. 3 veteren allstars on 1 team is unreal. Almost like cheating the league. But were gonna see how this 1 plays out. Go Magic.

No, part of the deal is that KG has agreed to a 4 year extension with the Celtics. That was the only way they would pull the trigger. It appears as if he has agreed to a 4-year extension worth 80 million.

KG screwed up - he could have come to Orlando and we would have paid him $160m for 4 seasons.

I'm a Kevin Garnett fan, and for him I'm glad he went to Boston.

He'll definitely have a better chance to make the finals and possibly win than with that dope McHale as GM in Minnesota. Not saying much, but still.

Honestly though, I don't see any better for Boston than the 5th seed.

I know they are three all-stars, but what have Garnett, Allen, and Pierce actually done in the league? Garnett's made a Western Conference Final, but that's about it.

I guess we'll see. It'll take a good 10-20 games to get a good feel for how everyone'll mesh.

'A BETTER DJ' has the right idea. So what if one team does get an all-star like team? I mean, yes, I'm with the rest of you, that IS pretty darned scary! I'm not blind, I see that.

But as said, so what? If anyone remembers the all-star game where for a long stretch of the game in the end, the eastern squad was basically the 'then-great' Piston's starters+Pierce. They were going against the All-Star West team. Duck-soup for the West right? Nope! The Pistons+Pierce basically won it for the east right there when they started taking over. The West I might add (since we're now talking about the recent moves with the Celtics) had Allen in the roster and he was taking quite a few shots being one of the main options on offense. Still made no difference.

So..to sum up. Yea, Celtics on paper do look scary, especially with KG out of all of 'em. But still..you gotta remember about that chemistry issue which is huge. Do they play well together? Do they sacrifice for each other?

Oh yea, I'm gonna comment on the USA basketball thing that was said. Yes, the recent USA basketball teams have been beaten in international play. The USA team is like an all-star team, and thus, we can somewhat make a comparison to the current Celtics roster, right?? Ahh, again, nope. The reason I think this comparison doesn't work well was b/c the U.S. team didn't have shooting with its main pieces (Lebron?). All the main star pieces of the Celtics roster CAN shoot (KG, Pierce, Allen).

I don't think the Celtics will be as good come the start of the season as they are scary on paper, but they'll still be a nice team. Just not the blowout-fest some believe (Gulp, I hope).

-Charlius-

quote:
KG screwed up - he could have come to Orlando and we would have paid him $160m for 4 seasons.

Hahaha. Who knows what we would have paid him. But we probably think a player of KG's caliber is fool's gold.

Boston is taking a similar path that the Heat did. Sell out, grab a superstar, and surround him with talented old vets. And really a ring (not that I think they'll win one, or even be close) is worth selling out your franchise for the next decade or so.