Soul Bro

Official Draft Thread 3.0

Hmm, if the team really does fall in love with Zeller, that rumored Minnesota trade might just make sense. I'd feel better about Zeller at #9 than at #2 and take someone like Crabbe at #26 to get their shooter. Williams doesn't really excite me as a player, but until he proves otherwise, I'm still on the "trust Henny" bandwagon.

I never had an issue with Zeller. I don't believe we take him at 2 but I honestly wouldn't be upset, assuming McLemore went 1.

Zeller and Vuch could player together. I watched Indiana play a ton this year and Zeller is light years a head of his brother and will be able to score nicely in the league. They would form a nice duo down low on offense especially because both can step out and score.

Now defensively?.................................................

They could definitely work together on the offensive end, its the defensive side that concerns me...as I'm sure it does everyone. Having said that, I like Zeller/McCollum at #9 much more than Noel at #2, so if we take Dipo and Minnesota takes Zeller then something is probably up. Still hope we find a way to grab the #13 from Dallas and take Schroeder, especially if the Bledsoe deal isn't happening. I think he may be the steal of this draft once all is said and done. I'm thinking the Clippers have backed out of the deal (Doc likes Bledsoe), so that may be why we are now exploring other options, like dealing w/ Minnesota, and why Zeller showed up in Orlando this week (Doc was hired over the weekend).

They could definitely work together on the offensive end, its the defensive side that concerns me...as I'm sure it does everyone. Having said that, I like Zeller/McCollum at #9 much more than Noel at #2, so if we take Dipo and Minnesota takes Zeller then something is probably up. Still hope we find a way to grab the #13 from Dallas and take Schroeder, especially if the Bledsoe deal isn't happening. I think he may be the steal of this draft once all is said and done. I'm thinking the Clippers have backed out of the deal (Doc likes Bledsoe), so that may be why we are now exploring other options, like dealing w/ Minnesota, and why Zeller showed up in Orlando this week (Doc was hired over the weekend).

I haven't seen a whole lot of Schroeder but from the little that I did see I think it's obvious that he has a whole lot of upside. I'm a believer that McCollum will turn out to be the best player in this draft for the first year or two. He just has a very polished NBA style game and the size to play point in the league. I also believe some of his "weaknesses" will become nonfactors now that he'll be playing alongside NBA talent.

FWIW I like Oladipo but I try not to buy into the "Wade" comparisons too much because every other year there's someone that gets compared to Wade. From Stuckey, to Alex Burks, to Oladipo now....Wade in college was much more of a scoring threat than Oladipo. Not a big fan of us drafting McLeMore unless he get Bledsoe because B-Mac isn't really a guy who can create his own shots. We'll need to be an uptempo team for McLeMore to really be successful which is possible with Bledsoe and Harkless out there. Many people that grew up in his area have said that McLemore mostly played in the post through his High School years, which would at least help explain his lack of true guard skills.

Were Kawhi Leonard or Luol Deng good shooters coming into the draft? Nope; but they worked at it and became respectable. Some would even say they're deadly when left wide open off of penetration & kick. I see Oladipo in the same mold.

Were Kawhi Leonard or Luol Deng good shooters coming into the draft? Nope; but they worked at it and became respectable. Some would even say they're deadly when left wide open off of penetration & kick. I see Oladipo in the same mold.

People fail to remember that the rules are alot more open in the NBA than they are in the NCAA. Those players like Burke and Olad who were under alot of pressure, wont get the same attention as they did in the NCAA. This will allow those guys and guys like Ben and Porter to become more creative and take advantage of the spacing. Ofcourse that's if they figure that out. Some guys dont adjust well to the NBA, but i think its more of a personal issue than a game issue like Beasley.

The NCAA is where you go to score 20pts... NBA is where you go to score 40pts...

not sure how much "softer" he would be next to Vuc than pairing him with the 206 lb Hasheem Thabeet clone. Toughest player available is probably Anthony Bennett. Its a pretty SOFT draft.

What the hell, Noel is up there as one of the best rim protectors in the NCAA in a long time while Anthony Bennett is a lazy tweener who doesn't care about defense at all.

If the Bledsoe trade goes through then the Minny swap (for Zeller) makes a lot of sense. Bledsoe's talent is commensurate with a top-5 pick in this draft and I think Nicholson will be moved in that trade. Like everyone else I fear that the combo of vuc and zeller would be terrible defensively but Zeller has the lateral quickness and jumping ability to at least turn into a solid defender in time.

Agreed with this - I see a lot more Luol Deng in Oladipo than D'Wade. I mean, D'Wade played combo-guard early on because he was a good passer; that's not something I've seen from Oladipo's game (although I'll admit I haven't seen him play much).

But a Deng clone? I'm actually fine with that. And I'm not too wild about trading out of that #2 spot.

Well, anyways: all will be made clear tomorrow. In Henny We Trust*.

*unless he redrafts Fran or something

What the hell, Noel is up there as one of the best rim protectors in the NCAA in a long time while Anthony Bennett is a lazy tweener who doesn't care about defense at all.

206 lbs dude

Remember how skinny Dwight looked his first season?

He came in at 240 lbs.

And to add, it is lazy to compare Noel to Thabeet.

Noel has far more athleticism. He has the talent to develop an NBA offensive game. Watch him go coast to coast in his KY highlights. He has great ball handling skills for a big. He has shown rapid development on his 15 foot jumper this summer.

He also is very adept at getting steals...not many bigs have that skillset.

I disagree that Bennet is lazy. I believe he was a product of the run n gun system of UNLV. He was looking for that fast break too much. I really like him as a prospect if you need some post offense. We need the opposite, so Noel makes much more sense.

Noel or Bmac or trade down. That's what Im hoping to see.

206 lbs dude

Remember how skinny Dwight looked his first season?

He came in at 240 lbs.

He is already 216. You are referencing his weight from a month ago. He was asked to lose weight for surgery.He will play at around 225-230. Why? He will get bigger via focused NBA training and he is not even 20 yet.

Garnett and Larry Sanders were 217 their first season.