Soul Bro

Official Draft Thread 3.0

McClemore hit game winners too, so that sort of negates your point. Chalmers was a junior PG, so you're comparing apples and oranges there and what has Smart won exactly? I don't know how you measure "passion"? Is KG more passionate than Duncan because he screams obscenities all game long?

Its funny how someone defends a guy for passing up big shots by saying he's an "unselfish team player" but then critiques another player for the same behavior, but in the second case labels it "lack of passion/fear/not caring".

Apples and Oranges? You came with the example of Lebron not me, and Lebron is SF. But this isn´t a discussion about positions it´s about feeling of the game and passion. I never say that if you scream you will be more passionate player. I never say that.

I think James can take big shots and he taked in Cleveland. He is passionated and he wants ot win bad, and he also makes the other players around him better.

I don´t know what´s the big matter of thinking different, relax.

I don't understand this either. The kid weighs 205 pounds and has narrow shoulders that leads most people to believe that he won't be able to add much bulk. I don't know how any 205 pound center could be an effective defender when the player he is defending will outweigh him by at least 30 pounds every single night. Teams would be posting him up as soon as he made his way out to the arena for warm-ups. I can already see mediocre centers like DeAndre Jordan calling for the ball with him sealed under the rim.

add in the offensive game and the injury, he has a high bust chance.

quote name='Mat�asjj' timestamp='1370931114' post='786852']

Apples and Oranges? You came with the example of Lebron not me, and Lebron is SF. But this isn´t a discussion about positions it´s about feeling of the game and passion. I never say that if you scream you will be more passionate player. I never say that.

I think James can take big shots and he taked in Cleveland. He is passionated and he wants ot win bad, and he also makes the other players around him better.

I don´t know what´s the big matter of thinking different, relax.

The apples and oranges referred to your mention of Chalmers, who was a Junior PG and had the ball in his hands 80% of the time. Yes he hit a shot to win an NCAA championship, but McLemore hit game winners also. I guess I don't know what you mean by "passion" when it comes to Chalmers and why you think he has it and McLemore doesn't? I mean its not something you can measure, its completely subjective.

I mentioned Lebron because early in his career, and even more recently, he has been criticized for deferring to teammates late in games and not taking the big shot (yes I realize he's also taken many over a ten year career) and you said it was because he was a team player, but then when critiquing McLemore, who also hit game winners as a freshman, you call the exact same behavior "passive/fear/not caring". The point of all this is that it seems some are trying to paint a picture of a guy who has some serious flaw, when its just as likely that he's simply a young guy who has some areas that need improvement. Example: If a guy doesn't feel confident that he can create a shot for himself, he may be more inclined to defer or not want the ball rather than fail. Once he improves his ability to create his own shot this may no longer be the case.

I don't understand this either. The kid weighs 205 pounds and has narrow shoulders that leads most people to believe that he won't be able to add much bulk. I don't know how any 205 pound center could be an effective defender when the player he is defending will outweigh him by at least 30 pounds every single night. Teams would be posting him up as soon as he made his way out to the arena for warm-ups. I can already see mediocre centers like DeAndre Jordan calling for the ball with him sealed under the rim.

Noel was at 220ish when he was playing, he may not even be done growing yet. Chandler only weighs 240 and Noah only ways 230 and they're two of the best defensive big men in the game.

I get why McLemore and Burke's stock is dropping but how on earth is Alex Len's draft stock going up inspite of having a stress fracture and generally playing like a second rate Big Z in college. The same with Bennett who plays zero defense and is a tweener. Mind-boggling.

Guys I want us to try and get at some point in the second round:

Michael snaer

Richard ledo

Glen rice

Cj Leslie

Archie Goodwin

Nate wolters

Ray mccallum

Deshaun Thomas

Myck kabongo

Guys I want us to try and get at some point in the second round:

Michael snaer

Richard ledo

Glen rice

Cj Leslie

Archie Goodwin

Nate wolters

Ray mccallum

Deshaun Thomas

Myck kabongo

I do not think we have that many pics and it would probably take us over roster limit size as well.

Anyone that's on instagram should look what Ben McLemore just posted......

Picture of him on an airplane with a Magic Hat on with the caption "Airplane Flow headed to Orlando. Grind Time. NBA Draft."

• Upvote 1

Noel was at 220ish when he was playing, he may not even be done growing yet. Chandler only weighs 240 and Noah only ways 230 and they're two of the best defensive big men in the game.

220 is extremely light. There are a lot of small forwards that weigh more than him. Noah is an exceptional defender but he does get overpowered at times....and 10 pounds can make a big difference. If Noel brought anything else to the table other than help defense then I would probably reconsider my opinion on him. He doesn't. If I was an opposing coach, I would run my center into the post and get him in foul trouble early in the first quarter. Look at the starting centers in the league and tell me who he could match up against....and this is assuming that he recovers 100 percent from his knee surgery. If he loses his explosiveness and agility, he literally has nothing to offer to an NBA team.