Soul Bro

Official Draft Thread 3.0

Yeah, definitely he played well in the championship game. He went toe to toe with Burke, but I don't know if he'll be able to drive to the basket as often in the NBA.

Hancock also had a great game, he's an interesting shooter and a Magic fan :P I'm curious to see what he does this year in college

Yeah, definitely he played well in the championship game. He went toe to toe with Burke, but I don't know if he'll be able to drive to the basket as often in the NBA.

Hancock also had a great game, he's an interesting shooter and a Magic fan :P/>/>/>/>/> I'm curious to see what he does this year in college

I think Siva will adjust, he's a smart kid. His speed will always be there (until he gets older that is). It won't be as easy with the length of the defenders but I feel with his athleticism he will be fine and will still be able to finish at the basket. Could be wrong though. Siva took over when he had to, pitino allows no one man to run the show which leads to the lack if high averages at louisville, for anybody not just Siva. I could end up be sticking my foot in my mouth and be completly wrong on him. I just want to see him succeed so bad thay I have sort of convinced myself that he won't.

I don't know why teams are sleeping so much on Siva. If other guys 6'1" and shorter have been succesful in the nba I don't see why Siva can't be. He has the motor and all the tools to be a player in this league for many years. I have a feeling many teams will be disappointed that they didn't give him a better look because of his height and shooting ability. Sivas shooting ability has already imprived tremendously since the end if the season. Gocto youtube and look at hisbworkouts for the drsft and you will see. Teams have expressed they were surprised with his improvement in the area after his draft workouts wth them.

Hancock won't be a NBA player but he is a great college player and a awesome guy/leader. His knees are bad and has problens with both shoulders. It is hard for him to even raise his hands above his head. And while I'm soeaking about hancock sadly his father died from cancer about a week back. I had the privlage to speak to him and his father on more then one ocassion before the game. Both are stand up people.

I apolagize for being all over the place with my messages as I'm on from my phone.

On a side note I could live with CJ McCollum if we go pg in the 1st. :)/>....if not give me Oladipo/McClemore at 2

Watching this "nba job interview" and McCollum just grew on me even more. Student of the game with some serious skills!! Tomorrow night if McCollum or Siva are putting on a magic hat I will be very happy!

Siva is not even really in my top 5 2nd round prospects. He doesn't have a lot of skills that translate if you ask me. He's a smart, tough guy though so I wouldn't be opposed to bringing him in.

Guys I like in the 2nd are:

Andre Roberson

Raul Neto

Michael Snaer

Alex Abrines (Think this guy could be the Spanish JJ Redick... some questions as whether he wants to be hampered by rookie scale contract and wants to go undrafted)

Livio Jean-Charles

In that order.

I'm quite the fan of drafting an overseas player, that gives us some flexibility of whether we want to bring them over right away and all the guys I mentioned I think can carve out roles in the league.

May I ask what skills it is that you feel don't translate to the NBA? His speed, athleticism, defense all come with him. All of his strengths.

Gotta say more then that our ill take it as just a "feeling" more so than that you have actually watched his game and seen reasons as to why his skills won't translate. No point in arguing my pointv right now as we went know until a few years down the road. But as I said. .. we will all rue the day we passed on Peyton Siva, if in fact we do!!! Better how and pray the heat do not pick him up.

Siva is not even really in my top 5 2nd round prospects. He doesn't have a lot of skills that translate if you ask me. He's a smart, tough guy though so I wouldn't be opposed to bringing him in.

Guys I like in the 2nd are:

Andre Roberson

Raul Neto

Michael Snaer

Alex Abrines (Think this guy could be the Spanish JJ Redick... some questions as whether he wants to be hampered by rookie scale contract and wants to go undrafted)

Livio Jean-Charles

In that order.

I'm quite the fan of drafting an overseas player, that gives us some flexibility of whether we want to bring them over right away and all the guys I mentioned I think can carve out roles in the league.

May I ask what skills it is that you feel don't translate to the NBA? His speed, athleticism, defense all come with him. All of his strengths.

Gotta say more then that our ill take it as just a "feeling" more so than that you have actually watched his game and seen reasons as to why his skills won't translate. No point in arguing my pointv right now as we went know until a few years down the road. But as I said. .. we will all rue the day we passed on Peyton Siva, if in fact we do!!! Better how and pray the heat do not pick him up.

1. He's already almost 23 so he doesn't have a lot of time to improve.

2. He can't shoot. "But he can improve". If he hasn't improved his shooting to acceptable levels in 4 years of college, what makes you think he will now?

3. He has poor shot selection at times

4. He plays at 100 mph at all times and forces things.

These are things that a lot of young point guards struggle with as freshman or sophomores but eventually improve. It's concerning that he hasn't improved to acceptable levels yet.

That being said, he'd be a fine pick at 51. But let's not pretend he's going to be our future starting point guard. He's a career backup/ energy guy.

Again, I wasn't suggesting he tip his hand and say he was trying to actively move this player or that player. I wasn't suggesting he say anything at all. I reiterate that there is no advantage for him to outright lie at a press conference. Saying nothing would be a much better alternative. He need not show any cards.

I assume he has his reasons for lowering expectations regarding a possible Bledsoe deal. Lying to the press just for the sake of being dishonest would not be one of them, though....

I don't understand why you think he lied to the press yesterday if a deal gets done today? Everything he said yesterday could be 100% true and a deal still could still get done today. I'll let it die

If we're going for a project PG, why not Michael Carter-Williams? He's not worth a #2, but if we do drop down or acquire another pick he might be worth a look. With all of these sub 6'2" PGs, he brings something different to the table.

At what time is the draft? Any local media coverage? Chat?

7pm on ESPN.

I'm sure local media will preview it in the 6 o'clock hour and recap it during the 11 o'clock hour.

BSN and News13 may have periodical coverage during the event.

Chat will be open and likely filled-up quickly!

MCW -- can't shoot, can't pass, can't take care of the ball. No thanks.

MCW -- can't shoot, can't pass, can't take care of the ball. No thanks.

Umm MCW can pass. I don't care how much you dislike him don't say he can't pass because that's just false.