Soul Bro

Official Draft Thread 3.0

I heard a rumor on CBS radio this morning that Portland has been dangling Lamarcus Aldridge. Didn't think too much of it at first but, since Zellar has been compared to Aldridge in the past, does anyone think there's a chance we may be in cahouts with the Blazers for Aldridge (#2 pick/BBD)? Pure speculation on my part obviously. It's more the timing than anything that made me wonder

I'm really high on Roberson. Honestly though I don't think he's a 1st round pick. Draftexpress don't even have him in their mock draft. (ranked #67 by them, I think he'll get drafted because he can contribute right away as a rebounder and is a very good defender)

Either way I'd like to try and get him, if he's available with our 2nd rounder that would be awesome.

I know we interviewed him at the combine so there must be some interest assuming the interview went well.

Robertson if he´s available at our second should be selected, i don´t know if he can contribute immediately, but for sure hw would be a geat addition in the future.

I think also McCollum can be the steal of this draft. He has the tools to be a Tony Parker with a solid 3 point range.

Not sure why they would announce that the Magic will pounce on Noel because if Cleveland finds out that Magic wants Noel then Cleveland will draft Noel just to screw the Magic

It has to be a smokescreen...

Why would Cleveland draft Noel just to screw the Magic? That's not the way this works. You don't just use the No1 overall pick in a draft to "screw" the team behind you. You take him because you love him as a player and want to build your team around them or at least with them.

Sources told ESPN's Chad Ford that the Magic will "pounce" on Nerlens Noel if he's available with the No. 2 overall pick.

If the Cavs pass on Noel at No. 1, the Magic reportedly like him at No. 2. However, Ford does not think Noel will slide down the draft board, meaning that he sees Noel going either first or second overall.

I think it could be a smokescreen but it could also be in case Cleveland thinks they can move down and still get him. Really I would not believe anything until the Magic actually pick but it could be an interesting couple of days for sure.

I don't think it is a smokescreen, Noel is the best talent in the draft and if the Cavs pass it is pretty likely we go for it. We're in a BPA position more so than a need position with drafting.

I think it could be a smokescreen but it could also be in case Cleveland thinks they can move down and still get him. Really I would not believe anything until the Magic actually pick but it could be an interesting couple of days for sure.

If Hennigan knows he's getting his PG in Bledsoe, I could see him feeling more emboldened to gamble on Noel with the 2nd pick.

Having said that, I'm breathing a sigh of relief when Stern announces Noel at #1.

If Hennigan knows he's getting his PG in Bledsoe, I could see him feeling more emboldened to gamble on Noel with the 2nd pick.

Having said that, I'm breathing a sigh of relief when Stern announces Noel at #1.

I agree, and keeping in line with that statement... If we dont get Bledsoe, then I believe that will have an impact on how we draft. Funny how most people scream talent over everything and here Henni is, working on the needs. Suppose Josh Cohen and etc. had it wrong.

Typically this is the week where I dont pay any attention to the NBA headlines, or rumor mills. Although they are entertaining when they do come out, I know most of it is smoke. I believe this is where the Todd's and Mel's make their names and money, its like their finals.