Soul Bro

Official Draft Thread 3.0

Yeah, I think you're right. Doubt Henny would want to tip his hand either as I think most would assume Schroeder is the guy we're targeting if a deal was announced beforehand.

I do hope such is the case, as Schroeder seems to be a no-brainer gamble around that 13 slot, and a Schroeder/Oladipo backourt would be very interesting to watch in a few years (and I must stress interesting here ;)/> )

I suppose MCW would also do if Schroeder somehow goes before. And I hate to bring him up again, but Shabazz could also be an option for trade bait or just for ****s and giggles.

It's quite something that a bunch of us seem to be more excited about what could happen with another team's mid-first pick than our #2 :)/>

I do hope such is the case, as Schroeder seems to be a no-brainer gamble around that 13 slot, and a Schroeder/Oladipo backourt would be very interesting to watch in a few years (and I must stress interesting here ;)/>/> )

I suppose MCW would also do if Schroeder somehow goes before. And I hate to bring him up again, but Shabazz could also be an option for trade bait or just for ****s and giggles.

It's quite something that a bunch of us seem to be more excited about what could happen with another team's mid-first pick than our #2 :)/>/>

We've exhausted our scenarios at #2 so #9 or #13 is more fun.

I'm fairly confident I have no idea what the sausage is going to happen on June 27th, but what I do know is I'm taking a half a day of work because I need to experience this live.

Yeah, but it's much better when people don't spoil the results with tweets :creaturedance:

So the hoopshype headline once again suggests that another team is strongly considering moving up for Oladipo. Honestly I don't think this is just a trend here and still believe that, unless if we trade down or Noel falls, he is our man.

But in any case, I am interested in seeing what--if anything--comes out of Hennigan's camp regarding our selection of Oladipo and McLemore prior to the draft, as it would be some indication of their value around the league.

The Minnesota Timberwolves are interested in moving up in the June 27 draft to select Victor Oladipo.

Oladipo has thus far declined to work out for the Timberwolves, because his representatives need reason to believe Minnesota can move up to Orlando's spot at No. 2, Washington's spot at No. 3 or Charlotte's spot at No. 4.

Oladipo is projected as a top-six choice by various outlets.

Their 2013 1st rounder and unprotected 2014 1st rounder works for me.

Their 2013 1st rounder and unprotected 2014 1st rounder works for me.

I thought both of those picks were their own :/

But I do suppose an unprotected 2015 could pay off big time--assuming that Love doesn't commit and they rebuild. I also wouldn't mind a shot at Len this year if he falls low enough. Schroeder at 9 might be a bit high though...

I'm not a lot of people. To me Mcclloum is and will be best suited playing the 2. If team tries to force him to be full time starting PG they will end up disappointed. I think he would be great on a team like Minnesota if they could trade up because like I said I don't think he falls to 9. From everything I've read a lot of GM's and scouts are falling in love with him.

So my PG rankings would be:

MCW

Schoeder

Burke

I used to hate MCW but the more I watch and read up on him the more I think he could be very good. I will say his floor is lower than Burke's though. I think Burke won't be anything special, but won't be anything terrible either.

I used to go back and fourth on MCW and Burke, but neither is very special so I don't see a reason to continue to dwell on it. Some of the passes MCW makes are jaw dropping, but he is such a ***** and can't shoot. Kinda reminds me of when Shaun Livingston came out, although Shaun was higher ranked in his draft. Burke is going to end up a lot closer to DJ Augustine then he ever will Chris Paul. We both agree the off guards are better prospects this year.

You are correct that CJ McCollum is not a pg and neither is Erik Green. The McCollum i'm interested in is Ray if he somehow falls to our 2nd.

I used to go back and fourth on MCW and Burke, but neither is very special so I don't see a reason to continue to dwell on it. Some of the passes MCW makes are jaw dropping, but he is such a ***** and can't shoot. Kinda reminds me of when Shaun Livingston came out, although Shaun was higher ranked in his draft. Burke is going to end up a lot closer to DJ Augustine then he ever will Chris Paul. We both agree the off guards are better prospects this year.

You are correct that CJ McCollum is not a pg and neither is Erik Green. The McCollum i'm interested in is Ray if he somehow falls to our 2nd.

I literally agree with everything you just said. And if you spend much time on here, you would know that doesn't happen very often it ever.

"Brian K. Schmitz (@MagicInsider) tweeted at 7:00 AM on Sat, Jun 08, 2013:

Source tells me Magic considering moving down in draft and have "quite a few" suitors interested in trading for No. 2 pick."

Given all of the debate over our possible choices with the 2nd pick.. Noel and his knee, B Mac and his mental will, Dipo's D duplicating Harkless, yada yada. I feel like we are settling and trying to convince ourselves of who is worthy of no. 2 pick ie Kevin Durant.

No one is of KD' s caliber in this draft, so why not just gather even more assets and gear up for 2014 where the draft will be loaded with more certain talent.

I would be fine to trade down and stockpile assets all in an effort to consolidate all available assets into multiple high 1st round draft picks for 2014. Maybe have a goal of something like Wiggins and Smart.

I don't see any big free agent acquisitions on the horizon and I think our next stars will be developed organically from within from who have now and who we get in 2014. Best case for 2013 is a role player or an asset to be used to get who we need in 2014. We need stars, we have plenty of role players...

In Henny we Trust

"Brian K. Schmitz (@MagicInsider) tweeted at 7:00 AM on Sat, Jun 08, 2013:

Source tells me Magic considering moving down in draft and have "quite a few" suitors interested in trading for No. 2 pick."

Given all of the debate over our possible choices with the 2nd pick.. Noel and his knee, B Mac and his mental will, Dipo's D duplicating Harkless, yada yada. I feel like we are settling and trying to convince ourselves of who is worthy of no. 2 pick ie Kevin Durant.

No one is of KD' s caliber in this draft, so why not just gather even more assets and gear up for 2014 where the draft will be loaded with more certain talent.

I would be fine to trade down and stockpile assets all in an effort to consolidate all available assets into multiple high 1st round draft picks for 2014. Maybe have a goal of something like Wiggins and Smart.

I don't see any big free agent acquisitions on the horizon and I think our next stars will be developed organically from within from who have now and who we get in 2014. Best case for 2013 is a role player or an asset to be used to get who we need in 2014. We need stars, we have plenty of role players...

In Henny we Trust

I could see us making a deal with Minny for their #9 and D. Williams. Maybe dump a contract on them and/or add a future pick (doubt they would give up a 2014 1st rounder though). Then draft McCollum/Schroeder/Adams at #9. Still might be able to move into the #13 and pick up Schroeder if we took Adams at #9. I like the idea of moving down in this draft because frankly the talent at #2 isn't substantially better than 9-13.

I'd take a later pick if we could get extra assets. The talent doesn't drop off that much from 2 to the early teens. Honestly though I still want Noel but if the FO doesn't like him then I trust them.

Why do all of these people still want Derrick Williams lol? I think he's terrible. One of the biggest pick #2 busts in recent history. I feel the only decent asset Minny has that they could be willing to trade is Shved, but he was pretty bad in the second half of the season.

• Upvote 1