Soul Bro

Official Draft Thread 3.0

Huh? Some people are arguing Burke because pg is the biggest need, others bc it has the biggest impact, and now because he might be a rare talent at the point???

Mike Conley, Darren Collison, John Wall, Isaiah Thomas, Ty Lawson, Raymond Felton, George Hill, Jameer Nelson, Jrue Halliday, Goran Drajic. You can pick and chose which ones you feel Burke is better than and which ones he isnt. There are 5 other pg's left this list who are head and shoulders better. A solid pg really isnt that hard to find. Of the top of my head Tony Parker is the only really good pg that I can think who has won a championship in recent memory. You can argue Rondo but he wasnt considered top tier in 2008.

There really is only a handful of rare talents in the league. Trey Burke will never be one. One talent that is a rare is finding a great shooter. Not many exist in today's nba. There is Ray Allen, Stefan Curry, the white guy for the Knicks who I cannot think of his name, Kyrie Irving, and Dirk. I know there are a few more but who don't have as many true knock down shooters as in the past. If BMac doesnt live up to no. 2 he still is an unbelievably efficient scorer who can space the floor. If Burke doesnt live up to no. 2 he is an average to below average pg. Which would you rather have?

So, let me know if I have this right...

According to this forum, Trey Burke is a mix of:

Allen Iverson

Tony Parker

Chris Paul

Does anyone else think that if this was truly the case he would not only be the unanimous No1 overall pick, but also one of best players to enter the NBA in the past 10 years?

Everyone knows where I stand on Burke so and I'm not trying to get back into that, but seriously, 3 Hall-of-Famers? Weather you love or Hate Burke that's putting unrealistic expectations on the kid.

• Upvote 2

I hope that we just completely trade drafts with the Suns. We get picks #5 and #30 while they get #2 and #31. We could end up with Oladipo and best PG available at #30. What do you guys/gals think it would take to get the #9 pick from Min or the #12 pick from the Thunder? I'd be happy with staying at #2 and grabbing McLemore and then getting McCollum at #9.

Huh? Some people are arguing Burke because pg is the biggest need, others bc it has the biggest impact, and now because is a rare talent???

Mike Conley, Darren Collison, John Wall, Isaiah Thomas, Ty Lawson, Raymond Felton, George Hill, Jameer Nelson, Jrue Halliday, Goran Drajic. You can pick and chose which ones you feel Burke is better than and which ones he isnt. There are 5 other pg's left this list who are head and shoulders better. A solid pg really isnt that hard to find. Of the top of my head Tony Parker is the only really good pg that I can think who has won a championship in recent memory. You can argue Rondo but he wasnt considered top tier in 2008.

There really is only a handful of rare talents in the league. Trey Burke will never be one. One talent that is a rare is finding a great shooter. Not many exist in today's nba. There is Ray Allen, Stefan Curry, the white guy for the Knicks who I cannot think of his name, Kyrie Irving, and Dirk. I know there are a few more but who don't have as many true knock down shooters as in the past. If BMac doesnt live up to no. 2 he still is an unbelievably efficient scorer who can space the floor. If Burke doesnt live up to no. 2 he is an average to below average pg. Which would you rather have?

Shooters who can't dribble can be found in the 2nd round or D-League. Danny Green was picked in the 40s. And scorer implies versatility. McLemore scored mainlly in two ways; on transition run-outs and assisted three pointers. Everything else was few and far in-between and he melted whenever someone got into his shirt. You don't become a star on the perimeter in the NBA without the ability to dribble.

Shooters who can't dribble can be found in the 2nd round or D-League. Danny Green was picked in the 40s. And scorer implies versatility. McLemore scored mainlly in two ways; on transition run-outs and assisted three pointers. Everything else was few and far in-between and he melted whenever someone got into his shirt. You don't become a star on the perimeter in the NBA without the ability to dribble.

Ray Allen and Reggie Miller are 2 that come to mind. I would compare his ball handling to either of those guys. Not really a star but i'll add J-Rich and Ron Artest in there too. Besides why would we ask him to dribble? If he obviously struggles at it don't put him a position where he has to control the ball. If a coach is that dumb they should be fired. I don't have a problem with him scoring mainly on transition and assisted three pointers.

As for Danny Green :lol:

Huh? Some people are arguing Burke because pg is the biggest need, others bc it has the biggest impact, and now because is a rare talent???

Mike Conley, Darren Collison, John Wall, Isaiah Thomas, Ty Lawson, Raymond Felton, George Hill, Jameer Nelson, Jrue Halliday, Goran Drajic. You can pick and chose which ones you feel Burke is better than and which ones he isnt. There are 5 other pg's left off this list who are head and shoulders better. A solid pg really isnt that hard to find. Of the top of my head Tony Parker is the only really good pg that I can think who has won a championship in recent memory. You can argue Rondo but he wasnt considered top tier in 2008.

There really is only a handful of rare talents in the league. Trey Burke will never be one. One talent that is a rare is finding a great shooter. Not many exist in today's nba. There is Ray Allen, Stefan Curry, the white guy for the Knicks who I cannot think of his name, Kyrie Irving, and Dirk. I know there are a few more but we don't have as many true knock down shooters as in the past. If BMac doesnt live up to no. 2 he still is an unbelievably efficient scorer who can space the floor. If Burke doesnt live up to no. 2 he is an average to below average pg. Which would you rather have?

All things considered, it's difficult not to consider Burke the best point guard in this year's draft class when evaluating how much of a complete package he brings to the table offensively. Athletic, intelligent, competitive point guards who can create, distribute and score are incredibly rare and coveted assets, and despite his defensive limitations he should have no issues carving out a long career as a NBA starter, as long as he's able to stay healthy.

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz2UMluPvDE'>http://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz2UMluPvDE

http://www.draftexpress.com

Ray Allen and Reggie Miller are 2 that come to mind. I would compare his ball handling to either of those guys. Not really a star but i'll add J-Rich and Ron Artest in there too. Besides why would we ask him to dribble? If he obviously struggles at it don't put him a position where he has to control the ball. If a coach is that dumb they should be fired. I don't have a problem with him scoring mainly on transition and assisted three pointers.

As for Danny Green :lol:/>/>/>/>

Ray and Reggie could absolutely put the ball on the floor when needed and get their own shots. Go watch any of Ray's Bucks or Sonics highlights, dribble pull-ups everywhere. Also if you have to compare McLemore to two of the best shooters to ever play basketball then it's probably a reach.

And to your second point, because the Magic are in dire need of a player who can create offense not only for himself but for his teammates. Since Jameer is basically roadkill at this point in his career, Tobias Harris is probably the best shot creator on the team; we need more. If all you want is an athletic shooter who doesn't have to create offense then you can get Reggie Bullock late in the 1st.

As for Danny Green :lol:/>/>/>/>

You bring up Ron Artest who was never anything more than an average 3 PT shooter (Career 34% Shooter) but laugh at Danny Green who shoots 42% on his career from 3?

Also I think too many people have forgotten how good Ray Allen was in his prime:

Ben McLemore couldn't make half of those shots.

You bring up Ron Artest who was never anything more than an average 3 PT shooter (Career 34% Shooter) but laugh at Danny Green who shoots 42% on his career from 3?

Also I think too many people have forgotten how good Ray Allen was in his prime:

Ben McLemore couldn't make half of those shots.

I know ray was an all star. I just dont think bmac has his dribble or will to improve.

• Upvote 1

Sure, you might be able to find a guy in the second round or even an undrafted rookie who may be able to shoot as good as B-Mac, but you won't find one that will have half the athleticism he has.

Usually it's one or the other. Super athletic guy who can't shoot, or great shooter that isn't a great athlete. That's what makes McLemore so enticing and why he will be a top 3 pick in the draft and also why he is compared to Ray Allen and Reggie Miller because both of them were pretty good athletes as well as shooters.

I think the absolute floor for McLemore is Nick Young, which is why I actually think he's a pretty safe pick in this draft full of question mark players.

I know ray was an all star. I just dont think bmac has his dribble or will to improve.

That was the point of my post... People comparing McLemore to Allen have forgotten how good Allen was.

According to some things I've seen on twitter Angelo Sharpless and Sherwood Brown are both going to work out here in Orlando.

McLemore is a very young player. That is the thing most of you are forgetting. He has great skills, and we can mold him into the type of player we want him to be. His handles will improve as will his ability to create shots for himself, my only concern would be if he has a strong enough work ethic to reach his potential,