Soul Bro

Official Draft Thread 3.0

I have always thought burke had the best pg skills in this draft but his size was the main reason smart was more ideal. It is sad but now that burke is proven to be 6'1 with a 6.5.5 wingspan, it feels safer to go after burke. He will be an impact player.

Take it from a Duke fan then, Burke has the potential to become something special.

Thanks for backing me up. I love how people say that you have a biased opinion if you've seen a player play in person all season and are a fan of that team. I'm not in here raving about Tim Hardaway's potential. I'm just saying that I have a more thoughtful opinion of Burke than any other player in the draft because I've only seen highlights and sporadic clips of the rest of them. I assume this is the case with most people and Burke.

He made one All-Star team in nine years...no one's confusing Jameer for a star player because coaches selected him to one all-star team that he never even played in. Burke could make an all-star team, I'll buy that

As critical as Ive been of Jameer (as a player) he absolutely deserved it that year. He was stellar. As for the rest of his career Id call it slightly above average.

• Upvote 1

As critical as Ive been of Jameer (as a player) he absolutely deserved it that year. He was stellar. As for the rest of his career Id call it slightly above average.

very efficient that year as a shooter and player maker.

BEFORE he got injured he was tearing EVERY team up night in night out.

I still firmly believe if he had not got injured we would of won our 1st championship that season.

I still firmly believe if he had not got injured we would of won our 1st championship that season.

I agree. at the least, it would have gone 7. If dwight was a better leader, we would have won later, and if we had someone better than Otis smith.

Alston did play well in Nelson's absence, but I agree with you that if Nelson had stayed healthy then we I think we may very well have won a championship that year. Though like LaVar said, if we didn't win, it would have gone to seven.

In addition to saying he's on par with Ola and BMac, Tim Hardaway says Ola is better than BMac:

"I feel like I played well against both of those guys," Hardaway said. "I feel I can play with anyone in the country." Hardaway had 18 points on 8-for-16 shooting with just two turnovers in his first matchup with Oladipo. Oladipo had 15 points and three turnovers for Indiana. Hardaway had 11 points on 5-for-12 shooting in the second matchup. And he had 10 points and five rebounds against McLemore and Kansas in the NCAA tournament.

Hardaway said both McLemore and Oladipo were a handful, but he would give the edge to Oladipo. "He's impossible," Hardaway said. "McLemore is good, but if you take away his jumper, he's guardable. You just can't take anything away from Oladipo. He's trying to take it away from you. You can't lose track of him for one second. I really think that will happen in the NBA."

http://insider.espn....tim-hardaway-jr

Just curious, I wish we could get a poll or something going on here. But I really would like to know who on this forum other than me doesn't want Burke. That's fine if you do, and if we draft him I 100% hope I end up being wrong on all of my assessments and would have no issues eating my words. But I just would like to know if there is anyone else out there that doesn't want Burke to be our pick, because I feel like I'm on an island here lol.

Just curious, I wish we could get a poll or something going on here. But I really would like to know who on this forum other than me doesn't want Burke. That's fine if you do, and if we draft him I 100% hope I end up being wrong on all of my assessments and would have no issues eating my words. But I just would like to know if there is anyone else out there that doesn't want Burke to be our pick, because I feel like I'm on an island here lol.

No I'm in the same boat as you. Right now Burke isn't a guy I want to draft, not because I don't recognize his talent but because I'm just not sold on him being the right pick for us. Personally I'd like to trade down and get some extra assets (didn't think this was plausible earlier in the year but starting to hear some teams are quite high on guys like Oladipo) but otherwise I think I'd just take Noel.

• Upvote 1

I'm not 100% sold on Burke myself as our pick. I just don't agree with your reasoning.