Soul Bro

Official Draft Thread 3.0

I respect everyone's opinion, but I just don't see how you can say Burke has All NBA potential. Not one aspect of his game is particularly great he's just average in nearly all categories. He screams good back up point guard to me with the ability to start some games and be solid but absolutely nothing great. I'm curious to know what stands out to you as being All NBA?

His basketball IQ is very high and that to me is just as important if not more than a inch. Smart players are hard to come by. Add to that, he is more athletic than people thought and he gives off a person who values work ethic and leadership potential.

I'm not saying it's official but I feel he is more of a sure thing then McLemore.

Otis really had a great year or so when that happened. He traded our first away for Turk and Richardson, and then our 2013 and 2014 second round picks for Harper. It really was great management on his part, shame he ever left... <_</>/> :lol:/>/>

It always amazed me that a lot of people on this forum defended Otis' management of the club ad nauseum (you know who you are). They even wanted him to not be fired immediately after the circus season of a year ago. They felt he should be the one to trade Dwight for what he deemed suitable talent. Today, can you imagine wanting that imbecile to rebuild anything more difficult than childrens age 2 and under Legos? As I said before he was the down fall of this organization and Turdzik was a very close second. Good riddance to both!

I respect everyone's opinion, but I just don't see how you can say Burke has All NBA potential. Not one aspect of his game is particularly great he's just average in nearly all categories. He screams good back up point guard to me with the ability to start some games and be solid but absolutely nothing great. I'm curious to know what stands out to you as being All NBA?

He can shoot from anywhere in the gym, create off the dribble, dish off the pnr' like nobodys business and has all the intangibles that you look for in a team leader. He always came up in big spot in college, which isn't something that can be said for Ben MacLemore. The kid has a chance to be great.

would take Gobert over Noel

I really like Gobert too. He's not nearly as raw as I thought.

It doesn't bode well for Burke fans that the magic interviewed 18 guys and Burke wasn't one of them if you ask me.

It doesn't bode well for Burke fans that the magic interviewed 18 guys and Burke wasn't one of them if you ask me.

They already have a private workout scheduled, so they probably deemed it unnecessary.

I think it just means that character is not a question with him. Who they seemed to more be looking at are guys who they might want to consider bringing in. I think the addition of McLemore to that group is because the question of his maturity and mental toughness and they wanted to bring those conversations in for evaluation early. No one is questioning that in Burke.

He is a great decision maker and excels in P&R - these are great aspects to his game and transition to the NBA. He can make all the passes to run an offense, (except the steve nash off hand pass). company these talents with the fact, he has elite range on his jump shot. Burke will be nasty.

The two areas I would like him to improve on is: splitting the defense off p&r and defense.

Players he reminds me of: Terrell Brandon, Mark Price, Stephen Curry, Chris Paul, Steve Nash

Ceiling: Steve Nash / Chris Paul

Floor: DJ Augustin

I am not calling him the best college player in the country, but the NCAA did for a reason.

• Upvote 1

According to ESPN's Chad Ford, "more and more GMs are getting on the (Trey) Burke bandwagon as a potential No. 1 pick."

Ceiling: Steve Nash / Chris Paul

Floor: DJ Augustin

I am not calling him the best college player in the country, but the NCAA did for a reason.

I'm sorry but Steve Nash or Chris Paul?! Burke is incredibly talented but there's a reason people keep saying there are no superstars in this draft so I can't imagine Burke will suddenly go on to become an All-NBA PG. Also, numerous players have been Naismith College Player of the Year and had average or worse NBA careers.

I'm sorry but Steve Nash or Chris Paul?! Burke is incredibly talented but there's a reason people keep saying there are no superstars in this draft so I can't imagine Burke will suddenly go on to become an All-NBA PG. Also, numerous players have been Naismith College Player of the Year and had average or worse NBA careers.

No one thought Steve Nash would ever become a two-time MVP, but he did. Doesn't mean Burke will or won't become a superstar, but just because people are saying there aren't any superstars in this draft doesn't mean a whole hell of a lot.

Oladipo specifically mentioned he was impressed with the Magic interview and likes the coaching staff and organization.

I'd be a little disappointed if we took Oladipo, but then again, Hennigan knows what he's doing.