Soul Bro

Official Draft Thread 3.0

Zeller is a terrific athlete. He gets out in transition, can finish above the rim and hedges on the pick and roll well. Granted I didn't know or think he was an athlete who could put up these ridiculous numbers.

EDIT: Certainly with those good vertical numbers you have to wonder why he didn't block more shots.

10 players measured at least a 40 inch vertical, insane. Either all these guys were showing out or there's gonna be some serious athletes in this year's class.

PG 3/4th sprints

Larkin 3.08

Pressey 3.13

Burke 3.16

Siva 3.16

Schroeder 3.21

Canaan 3.22

MCW 3.22

McCallum 3.25

McCollum 3.32

Kabongo 3.34

Burke did very well overall, Ty Lawson measured in at 3.12. Larkin is out of this world and likely pushed himself into the 1st round. Little surprised Schoreder wasn't higher, he looked ridiculously quick in all the scouting videos.

Call me crazy but I prefer to see what guys do against other basketball players not in some track drills.

Give me Larkin. He had great numbers in the acc and won pretty much every athletic measurement. (Obviously I mean we should trade into the first and grab him)

Call me crazy but I prefer to see what guys do against other basketball players not in some track drills.

There are plenty of bad draft choices to choose from between the NBA/NFL where management/scouts/front office falls for the workout warrior instead of the guy who was reliable in game tape.

C.J. Leslie looked like a gazelle in the agility drills, whereas Porter looked much less athletic and awkward. Obviously, everyone is taking Porter over Leslie, but when the comparison is closer, some people really look to the combine. It's definitely apart of the deal when gauging potential. It's just a lot less important to me. But I'm not in charge of scouting players, so it doesn't really matter.

how do you use Burke's barefoot measurement vs. McLemore's in-shoes measurement to make a point?

Not using it to make a point. I don't care if McLemore was 6'2 i'd still take him over a 5'11 trey burke any day, does that help?

Give me Larkin. He had great numbers in the acc and won pretty much every athletic measurement. (Obviously I mean we should trade into the first and grab him)

I would be fine with this. Draft either McLemore/Noel/Olidipo whoever (other than burke) than trade back in and grab Larkin. It would be so upsetting to draft Burke if we pick 1 or 2 when there are as good if not better PG's that will be taken after him. I'll stop commenting on it because as long as we pick 1 or 2 I'm extremely confident that Henny will pass on Burke, like he should.

Larkin would be a great pick for our first pick in the second round (#31 overall)......oh wait Otis traded that to Cleveland for Justin effin Harper.

I would be fine with this. Draft either McLemore/Noel/Olidipo whoever (other than burke) than trade back in and grab Larkin. It would be so upsetting to draft Burke if we pick 1 or 2 when there are as good if not better PG's that will be taken after him. I'll stop commenting on it because as long as we pick 1 or 2 I'm extremely confident that Henny will pass on Burke, like he should.

I'd be very happy if we came out of the first round of the draft with McLemore and Larkin. That could be another good back court duo. Though I wouldn't rule out Burke at 1 or 2 if Henny is sold on him being our long term answer at PG, though he could potentially trade back in order to acquire him - for instance if we acquired the T-Wolves two picks and they got ours plus AA or Baby, then in that scenario we could grab two very talented players.

Larkin would be a great pick for our first pick in the second round (#31 overall)......oh wait Otis traded that to Cleveland for Justin effin Harper.

We have plenty ammunition to get back in the late first if we want, that shouldn't be an issue. But yea at least Justin Harper is doing good things for us.

We have plenty ammunition to get back in the late first if we want, that shouldn't be an issue. But yea at least Justin Harper is doing good things for us.

Otis really had a great year or so when that happened. He traded our first away for Turk and Richardson, and then our 2013 and 2014 second round picks for Harper. It really was great management on his part, shame he ever left... <_< :lol: