Soul Bro

Official Draft Thread 3.0

Steve (Bushwick)

Do you see Victor Oladipo playing a similar role as young defensive minded athletic guards like Shumpert and Bradley?

Chad Ford (1:39 PM)

Exactly ...

You brought his height up and insinuated Klay gets his shot off because he is 6'7. I responded that Ben has a very high wingspan - some estimate 6'9. I stay conservative at 6'7.

I am not appealing to authority. I am CITING it. There is a huge difference there. Once again - phrasing - work on it. You sound like you just took a creative writing class and are not sure how to use the knowledge you acquired.

Yes, Ben is 20. But he still has 1 year of college experience. I like that he is a little older honestly. But he still was a freshman - no?

I do not believe Ben is a waste of a top 5 pick. You do. We will not really get past this point until the draft happens, and we see the guy develop.

Go back and read my original post, I said Klay Thompson was a much more versatile player in college because he was the focal point on that Washington State team, I mentioned his size as another added advantage he had over McLemore. They're not really alike as players.

And Ben being a 20 year old freshman is not a good thing because he's behind on his development compared to guys like Burke who's 20 or Porter who's 19.

• Upvote 1

How bummed were NBA decision makers when Smart didn't enter the draft?

Chad Ford (1:34 PM)

Very. Magic especially upset about it. But other teams like the Jazz affected as well since every other point guard moved up a spot in the draft.

Very. Magic especially upset about it. But other teams like the Jazz affected as well since every other point guard moved up a spot in the draft.

My thoughts exactly....Smart was THE guy who could have been the perfect fit for our team.

Chad Ford's latest mock has us taking Noel at #1.

Analysis: I'm not sure there will be a Disney World parade down the streets of Orlando if the Magic win the No. 1 pick. According to sources, Orlando had its heart set on Oklahoma State's Marcus Smart until he broke its heart when he decided to stay in college. While the Magic need just about everything, point guard might be their biggest area of need. So, does Orlando roll the dice on Trey Burke or do they go after Noel, who gives the Magic something else they desperately need (shot blocking)? The Magic were tied for 24th in the league in blocked shots and could use an athlete in the paint next to Nikola Vucevic. While there will be a solid argument for Burke here, high-ceiling players like Noel are hard to come by.

That is very stinky. Man! smile_beatcomp.gif

Another interesting scenario that might be an option trading bbd and afflalo to OkC for their lottery pick, lamb, thabo and perkins. They own the raptors first pick if it goes past the first 3 spot. It might ended up been a 6-7 pick. We can select a combination of noels and burke( if available) and have lamb as our potentail sg down the road. Thabo is an expiring and perkins vs. BBD will be a lateral move SALARY wise.

Burke/jameer/moore

J-lamb/thabo/Dlamb

Mo/harris

Harris/Andrew/oquinn

Nic/perkins/oquinn

I expect hedo and harrington either traded for future picks or bought out of contract. Noel will be sidelined for the year to rehab..

This line up will give is a decent run for the first pick in 2014 and enough money to go after big free agents.

Its Noel not Noels. There's only one

• Downvote 1

Its Noel not Noels. There's only one

Ok. Amazing and interesting contribution on your part. We all should give you a plus for that... Keep the good work cause there is only one of you.

• Upvote 1

Did Chard Ford come out with a newer mock draft? If so, anyone see who he had us taking?

Also, does anyone else like C.J. MCCOLLUM over Burke? Seems more rounded to me.

Did Chard Ford come out with a newer mock draft? If so, anyone see who he had us taking?

Also, does anyone else like C.J. MCCOLLUM over Burke? Seems more rounded to me.

Noel.

Ok. Amazing and interesting contribution on your part. We all should give you a plus for that... Keep the good work cause there is only one of you.

That's what I'm here for buddy...glad to help. Maybe you're not the guy, but someone has been calling him Noels for a few weeks now and it needed to be pointed out. It's on par with Magics and Reddick.