Soul Bro

Official Draft Thread 3.0

You are being that message board guy that is obsessed with height. It's stupid. Its about wingspan and athleticism. McLemore's wingspan IS 6'7 and he can jump put of the gym.

Klay Thompson was never that athletic and was not a guy who even drove to the hole. He was a guy who came off screens and shot jumpers. Ben does the same thing with more athleticism. If JJ Redick figured out how to get a shot off with no wingspan, lower athleticism and less height, how exactly will Ben have trouble at the SG position?

Do you really think is it not beneficial to have an elite shooter at SG? Do you really think a SG at 6'5 with a 6'7 wingspan can't shoot over defenders while playing SG?

Klay was the offensive focal point of his college team (had a USG% of 32.8 in junior year) and had to score in a variety of ways. McLemore stood in the corner and waited for someone to pass him the ball (he was assisted on 90% of his threes) or got easy buckets in transition.

Also Redick was a tireless individual who spent years working on his game, it took him almost 5 years to become even a solid NBA player and even then he's still only a decent starter and nothing more. And I never said it wasn't beneficial to have an elite shooter at SG, that's a strawman. But when someone like Danny Green was in the D-League why waste a Top 5 pick.

Something about McLemore just keeps saying that he has a high potential to be a bust.

He is actually older than both Harkless (15 months) and Harris (5 months) and only 9 months younger than Olidipo.

All the stuff coming coming out about his AAU coach (the same guy who moved him around in HS as well) taking money from an agent during the season says a lot about his character.

A guy with that kind of shot and combination of size/athleticism doesn't bust in the NBA. Just doesn't happen. Now I'm not saying I'm confident he'll be an All Star by any stretch but I feel safe in saying he is one of the safetest picks a long with Burke (as long as your content with an average PG for).

I agree. Reading about his history and watching his body language on the court, he sure as heck doesn't look like a leader.

Great News: A 20 year old doesn't have to be the teams leader. As he grows and matures in the league is when most player develop their leadership skills, except for Tobis but he's a rare breed.

A guy with that kind of shot and combination of size/athleticism doesn't bust in the NBA. Just doesn't happen. Now I'm not saying I'm confident he'll be an All Star by any stretch but I feel safe in saying he is one of the safetest picks a long with Burke (as long as your content with an average PG for).

Beasley....

Beasley was a bulk shooter and half the athlete Mac is.

Stop the bus..... Bulk shooter... sure... Half the athlete than Ben.... No Sir.

If Beasley would of taking his career seriously he would be one heck of a NBA player. But Beasley lacked that focus once he was drafted by Miami. Ben on the other hand has the same type of focus issues. If he isnt hitting early, or isnt given the ball... then Ben checks out.

Beasley averaged 26pts per game in college, beastin the league and scoring 40pts or more 3 times, 30pts or more 10 times, and 20pts or more 13 times.

Ben doesnt even sniff Beasley. Ben isnt even in the same galaxy as Beasley back in college.

But now Beasley is sucking it hard in the NBA.... so its very easy for someone so gifted to go bust.

anyone who has McLemore on their list hates freedom

thankfully Rob Hennigan appears to be a smart person with a measured approach to his drafting and will see that McLemore is a frontrunner who can't dribble

I agree. The bulls are winning because they brought in hard workers that have a winning mind set. That is the type of player we are also looking for now. Victor is the only sg that fits that bill; in this draft.

Burke is the play I would go for. I would love to draft noel but 2 knee injuries. OMG

I agree. The bulls are winning because they brought in hard workers that have a winning mind set. That is the type of player we are also looking for now. Victor is the only sg that fits that bill; in this draft.

Burke is the play I would go for. I would love to draft noel but 2 knee injuries. OMG

The Bulls won't win a ring with their current roster so it really doesn't matter. They don't have great depth and they have major injury issues. You have to have at least 1, maybe 2 superstars anymore.

How much higher? His offensive numbers improved during his 3 years in college but most of that is off of fast break defense he causes on defense. His Three point shot did improve but he'll never be an elite shooter. He's a defensive/slasher type player. I'd be utterly shocked if he ever averaged more than 14 points a game in the NBA.

I think you're being generous with 14. Tony Allen with a better shot sounds about right.

Now everyone sounds like parrots. "he doesn't take over a game" has been said by multiple people here probably because they read it on a blog. Did you even watch Kansas? Did you see the coach admit he did not run enough plays for Ben? Their offense does not allow a guy to take over a game that easily. Just watch their games. I is not the Ben Mac show over there.

Do we need a guy who can take over a game every night? Not really. We need a guy who can shoot 3s and defend the SG position. A guy who can score on fast breaks and create quick buckets in transition.

You want a guy who takes over a game..hibernate for a year and hit me up in 2014.

I read blogs and most of them are crap. mi opinion isn´t from a blog, it´s MY OPINION. Based on the games i watched from the tournament. What teh coach says is not important. Anu coach would say good things about their players... it´s just dumb think that they are the "truth" about players. So you say im based on a blog but you base you opinion from an interview... nice argument.

I guess, we REALLY need players who can take over games. i mean i want more than that in a player with the first pick, bur this draft is probably a weak one. And OF COURSE, this draft won´t give a superstar, no matter wich player get the Orlando Magic. Im just saying that Ben Mclemore isn´t a winner, you can´t agrre with that but at the end, you want to sleep for the next draft in the 2014... we should pick the best player, and i have my doubts about Ben. I would be happy if we pick him. but he doesn´t have what he should to use he´s great potential. But for sure i would take him over Noel and Burke.

Stop the bus..... Bulk shooter... sure... Half the athlete than Ben.... No Sir.

If Beasley would of taking his career seriously he would be one heck of a NBA player. But Beasley lacked that focus once he was drafted by Miami. Ben on the other hand has the same type of focus issues. If he isnt hitting early, or isnt given the ball... then Ben checks out.

Beasley averaged 26pts per game in college, beastin the league and scoring 40pts or more 3 times, 30pts or more 10 times, and 20pts or more 13 times.

Ben doesnt even sniff Beasley. Ben isnt even in the same galaxy as Beasley back in college.

But now Beasley is sucking it hard in the NBA.... so its very easy for someone so gifted to go bust.

Never compared their college games and this guy is throwing Beasley stats at me. Hop off. Ben is quicker, faster and can jump higher and all we were comparing was athleticism and you brought him up. And Mac is a better shooter. I have absolutely no clue why were talking about this now.