Sign in to follow this  
Murphy13

Heat seem willing to give up Haslem...

quote:
Originally posted by ST since 90:

to get Haslem from the heat, we would probably have to give up Arroyo and Otis Smith's first born child in 2010

I was thinking along the lines of a virgin sacrifice.

quote:
Originally posted by The Can Opener:

quote:

to get Haslem from the heat, we would probably have to give up Arroyo and Otis Smith's first born child in 2010

We would never give up Dwight.

well, stan van gundy was close to non-existent to their team for the past few seasons. acquiring haslem from them would cost us even more

Arroyo for Haslem is a no brainer for both teams.

Arroyo is good enough to start if JWill experiences injury problems again. Not to mention, the additional ticket revenue generated by an Arroyo acquisition would be big in Miami. Therefore, this is a two pronged plus for the Heat.

We get the perfect compliment for Dwight in Haslem. He is a hard working, solid player that doesn't need plays run for him to be effective. He plays defense, hits the 15 foot jump shot with accuracy. He already is familiar with SVG and his system.

quote:

quote:

quote:

ZING!

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:

quote:

quote:

ZING!

Glad somebody got it. I was proud of that one.

I echo what most in this thread have already said...this is a great trade for both teams.

Each team is having to give up something, but making themselves better in the long run.

Jason Williams never seems to make it through a full season and from what I have heard GP is going to retire. I don't think you want to start the season with Jason Williams and a very young, untested player as your only two point guards.

Haslem would be a perfect fit. A guy that is going to give you 110% hustle every night and do all the intagibles that you need to win. It makes you wonder why Miami would part with him, but I think their point guard situation is a little more dire then the front court situation right now.

I agree, Riley probably won't make the deal because it makes his in-state rivals better.

D-Wade might not play till December and I would be willing to be Shaq is out for some length of time by the end of November.

2nd round pick for a consultant...Karma is a B*** ain't it Riley