Sign in to follow this  
Mr Charisma

Simple trade thought: Bogans for Doleac

With JJ and Dooling (and possibly Jameer and Trevor) available to play the SG position, do we want to solifidy our inside depth?

With D. Cook being an absolute bust in the Summer League for the Heat, they still need a viable back-up for DWade, not to mention that Bogans could slide to SF at times.

With Zo announcing that he is coming back for another year, Doleac is 3rd string. He is also entering the last year of his contract.

This trade will work (according to TradeChecker) straight up.

I'm not saying we should do it, but it certainly has some merit.

Opinions?

With JJ and Dooling (and possibly Jameer and Trevor) available to play the SG position, do we want to solifidy our inside depth?

With D. Cook being an absolute bust in the Summer League for the Heat, they still need a viable back-up for DWade, not to mention that Bogans could slide to SF at times.

With Zo announcing that he is coming back for another year, Doleac is 3rd string. He is also entering the last year of his contract.

This trade will work (according to TradeChecker) straight up.

I'm not saying we should do it, but it certainly has some merit.

Opinions?

Doleac might even be able to be a PF against slower-footed teams. He's grown up a bit since he left here.

He's got a pretty good mid-range shot and he's not a horrible rebounder.

Then again, I'm pretty sure he isn't available, right?

quote:
Originally posted by 30Assists:

Doleac might even be able to be a PF against slower-footed teams. He's grown up a bit since he left here.

Everyone is available for a price and Miami is hurting right now. Didn't they just lose Posey? They are aging badly and need depth. They have Barron to back up Shaq and Zo so Doleac is the 4th big they have. They need a back up 2 and 1.

Interesting. I'd almost want to ship them Dooling, but he's the best defender on the 1 we have. I'm also hesitant to toss Arroyo to the wolves: I saw what he did in the world games, curious what he'll do under a good coach.

I would be fine with this trade, but we are talking about Pat (Gordon Gecko) Riley here.

He will demand all our draft picks over the next three years, The Bay Hill Invitational be named after him, Dwight's Mojo be injected into Shaq, and a place in Marc's Hall of Fame to complete the deal.

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

quote:
Originally posted by 30Assists:

Everyone is available for a price and Miami is hurting right now. Didn't they just lose Posey? They are aging badly and need depth. They have Barron to back up Shaq and Zo so Doleac is the 4th big they have. They need a back up 2 and 1.

dont forget to add haslem, their best asset aside from wade. doleac is attainable i believe.

maybe we could pry a couple bigs from them for a couple guards, since they need guards, not bigs, and vice versa for us. i know that you dont normally trade bigs for smalls, but in this case i believe both teams would benefit from it. maybe bogans/arroyo(exp. deals) for doleac/haslem? heck, i would even give them a future pick for haslem... but would they go for it?

interesting. I was just telling some of my fellow Magic fans that we should try and bring in Doleac. I was even going to make a post about it - but here it is already. Plus he comes off next year. I think it could be an ideal pickup.

and I'd definitely like to bring in Haslem - but I believe Riles will definitely try to pry anything he can in a trade. But that's the kind of guy I want. The scrappy, tough player. He'd fit nicely. But I'm interested in Doleac for sure.

quote:
Originally posted by bhnole:

and a place in Marc's Hall of Fame to complete the deal.

Oh, he can have a place in the hall but it may not be the place of honor that he is expecting.

Sooner or later he is going to see that he needs pieces to help Wade or he could be joining Lebron somewhere when that contract is up.

maybe we should trade for Doleac, give Riles anything he wants with the condition that each and every Magic fan gets to kick him in the junk once each.

Hell, I'd trade Dwight for that.