Sign in to follow this  
Secretly Space Jesus

Truce agreement

So I've now been told on about 8 different threads that I "need to stop haterizing(no, I"m not making that up", stop acting like Chicken Little, that I'm not really a Magic fan, and a whole mess of other things.

No, I don't like the Rashard deal. At all. Even a little. I'd be happy to discuss here or anywhere else why that is, provided we can be civil about it, but that's not why I started this thread.

I'm tired of writing the same thing over and over again, and then having all my points ignored in favor of people calling me a hater, and telling me to "just wait til next season when Rashard is tearing down arenas with his ripped gunzzzz!"(ok, I made that one up).

So in short, I want to start an agreement. Anyone who wants to be part of it is free to sign up for it.

On one side, we have the people who believe that the Rashard deal is a great move, and will lead us towards a dynasty.

On the far other side, we have people, like me, who don't like the deal one bit, feel it is destined for failure, but as Magic fans hope and pray that they're wrong.

Everyone can agree here that 1) we're all magic fans, and 2) that we can discuss are reasoning for our positions civilly, and most importantly 3) we allow our judgments of the situation to change as circumstances warrant over the next 6 years, and if in the end one side proves correct, we handle that too civilly.

Anyone willing to put their name down?

Pro-Shard contract/Pro-Magic:

Anti-Shard contract/Also Pro-Magic

Drunk on Mystery

So I've now been told on about 8 different threads that I "need to stop haterizing(no, I"m not making that up", stop acting like Chicken Little, that I'm not really a Magic fan, and a whole mess of other things.

No, I don't like the Rashard deal. At all. Even a little. I'd be happy to discuss here or anywhere else why that is, provided we can be civil about it, but that's not why I started this thread.

I'm tired of writing the same thing over and over again, and then having all my points ignored in favor of people calling me a hater, and telling me to "just wait til next season when Rashard is tearing down arenas with his ripped gunzzzz!"(ok, I made that one up).

So in short, I want to start an agreement. Anyone who wants to be part of it is free to sign up for it.

On one side, we have the people who believe that the Rashard deal is a great move, and will lead us towards a dynasty.

On the far other side, we have people, like me, who don't like the deal one bit, feel it is destined for failure, but as Magic fans hope and pray that they're wrong.

Everyone can agree here that 1) we're all magic fans, and 2) that we can discuss are reasoning for our positions civilly, and most importantly 3) we allow our judgments of the situation to change as circumstances warrant over the next 6 years, and if in the end one side proves correct, we handle that too civilly.

Anyone willing to put their name down?

Pro-Shard contract/Pro-Magic:

Anti-Shard contract/Also Pro-Magic

Drunk on Mystery

Put me down for Pro-Shard (the player) and anti-Shard Contract. Obviously Pro-Magic.

All though, the more I hear and see this guy, the more willing I am to pay him 200 million dollars.

I've seen many Seattle games and I say with full confidence I'm Pro-Shard contract/Pro-Magic.

The numbers of his contract are a little staggering and almost want to make you vomit on the insane amounts of money. But if we didn't overpay him, the next team would have.

I'm pro Shard anti Otis Smith. I can't blame Rashard Lewis for taking the contract, I blame people for giving it to him. No other team in the league had the cap space. Memphis just got Darko at a discount, the Magic could have done the same thing with Rashard. Seattle's demands for Rashard would be ridiculous for any team, because Seattle would just assume keep the cap space. I could go on for days how bad this deal was.

Point in case Rashard Lewis has done nothing yet to warrent this kind of deal, so why give it to him. If Rashard Lewis becomes MVP I will still say it was bad negotiating on the Magic's part.

i agree with you drunk. i hope i am wrong but it appears to me it is to much for not enough. the bottom line is can we win a championship with this group. it is my feeling that the pg position is a question mark. if you star jj which i think is a great idea, then you need a pg who can pass and defend. we need another big who can rebound and defend. i think we are close but will wait and see what svg does. i just hope he will not put up with nelson if he refuses to pass to jj and others. many times he penetrated and refused to kick the ball back out to open shooters. he was a turn over waiting to happen. go magic

Of course I am happy with the having Shard here! Do I think he got paid to much, Of course I do.

Fact is I dont think any who was going to make an instant impact was going to sign here in Orlando unless they got a Max deal. To me there was only 3 guys in this FA market that was going to make an instant impact. 2 of them resigned with there team and we never had a chance at. Lewis, Billups, and Carter.

Only time will tell if this is going to be a good decision or not.

Don't stop debating what you believe thats what this board is here for. If everyone agreed this board would be boring. Dont quit posting becuase people are calling you a hater. Who cares what people say. As long as you and them can remain civil.

quote:
Originally posted by LetsGoMagic:

Of course I am happy with the having Shard here! Do I think he got paid to much, Of course I do.

Fact is I dont think any who was going to make an instant impact was going to sign here in Orlando unless they got a Max deal. To me there was only 3 guys in this FA market that was going to make an instant impact. 2 of them resigned with there team and we never had a chance at. Lewis, Billups, and Carter.

Only time will tell if this is going to be a good decision or not.

Don't stop debating what you believe thats what this board is here for. If everyone agreed this board would be boring. Dont quit posting becuase people are calling you a hater. Who cares what people say. As long as you and them can remain civil.

Agreed. Forums are available for people to speak their minds in a civil fashion. It's when it turns into "no u iz dum Da Magikz is da shiz and u mom liks puddin" is when it gets out of hand. Couldn't agree more.

Put me down for the anti-shard contract/Pro Magic.

Hey, I waited seven years for one terrible contract to expire. I suppose I can wait another six for this one. At least he isn't in a protective boot. Sigh.

While it hurts to let Darko go, and there aren't many 21 year-old seven footers out there, I think 'Shard will do more for us.

Actually, I think we could have added Stuff to the lineup and it wouldn't have mattered. What really matters is that we got Stan as a head coach.

Pro Rashard

Semi-pro 'Shard Contract (think we could have played a little more hardball, since 'Shard actually wanted to come here)

Pro Otis...for now - I don't think he's done yet.

Pro Darko: what can I say? I liked the guy.