Greg Kite for Three!

Darko is really gone (Denton)

quote:
Originally posted by bhnole:

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

quote:

Well here is hoping Gortat can kick some more butt this week. The guy has size and athletism and unlike Darko plays with heart and scraps with the best of them.

I really am shocked that Darko did not force his agent to work with Otis, since Orlando freed him from Detroit and gave him a chance.

I know it is summer league but how many bigs get SIX assists!

bhnole, I think you should edit your sig. It's hard for me to watch....

I know I kept Darko in the hopes he would come back. Guess I will need to pull out the photoshop again.

Replace him with Lewis or JJ.

After all the sign and trade news, this is the least thing I expected. We CANNOT start Battie again! I'd rather see Trevor play that position instead!

Well... I think you have to go with this line-up next year

C- Dwight

PF - Lewis

SF - Ariza

SG - Reddick/Bogans

PG- Jameer

Lets run baby. That is an axciting starting lineup. If we cant have the twin towers.. which I loved the idea of, than this is our best other option. No Battie in the starting 5.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Well here is hoping Gortat can kick some more butt this week. The guy has size and athletism and unlike Darko plays with heart and scraps with the best of them.

I really am shocked that Darko did not force his agent to work with Otis, since Orlando freed him from Detroit and gave him a chance.

I know it is summer league but how many bigs get SIX assists!

bhnole, I think you should edit your sig. It's hard for me to watch....

I know I kept Darko in the hopes he would come back. Guess I will need to pull out the photoshop again.

Replace him with Lewis or JJ.

After all the sign and trade news, this is the least thing I expected. We CANNOT start Battie again! I'd rather see Trevor play that position instead!

Lewis is the likely candidate, but I don't want to jinx it until the ink is dry on his contract.

quote:
Originally posted by LJ Magic:

I've tried to stay positive through all of this but I have just about had it. We keeping wasting opportunities that good teams do not. Good teams don't piss off agents no matter how obnoxious they are because you never know when you are going to have to deal with them again. Good teams don't lose young players with talent for nothing. Good teams don't let valuable assets like expiring contracts expire if the intention is to not resign that player. Good teams don't trade away first round picks for nothing. Finally good teams don't agree to contracts that are nearly un-tradeable the second they are signed. We have done all of these things in the last six months. I'm so tired of mediocrity when there are so many blueprints out there, like the Spurs, on how to do this thing right.

I will admit we have some options with expiring contracts and possibly cap space if a sign and trade is completed but history tends to repeat itself and if that holds true then we won't get the best bang for our buck.

Sorry for the rant. I just needed to spout off some steam.

Is ok man some of us feel the same way. Until the Magic finally hire qualified personnel, we'll still be the joke of the NBA.

I will try to stay positive as well and state that SVG made a pretty darn good power forward in Udonis Haslem who was undrafted...

Maybe they feel the better move is to develop Fran, Gortat, and Augustine then to cave into an unrealistic contract for Darko.

Otis's future is now tied to Darko though. If Darko blows up and is putting up big numbers next year Otis will really look like a huge failure. If Darko never realizes his potential and joins the ranks of overpaid big men then he looks somewhat smart. I say somewhat because they still gave up a 1st rounder this year.

quote:
Originally posted by djmase20:

Well... I think you have to go with this line-up next year

C- Dwight

PF - Lewis

SF - Ariza

SG - Reddick/Bogans

PG- Jameer

Lets run baby. That is an axciting starting lineup. If we cant have the twin towers.. which I loved the idea of, than this is our best other option. No Battie in the starting 5.

shard cant play pf at all. he got abused in the west. it will be even worse in the east.

what can I say...

it's been great reading your comments for the two years darko's been on the magic

I enjoyed it

You are much better fan base than the Detroit one IMHO

too bad Otis twice pooled out contract from darko and said he was nr. 1 priority when he wasn't

too bad hill had darko on the leash

I hope the magic make a playoff run this year and darko too

whatever team he gets to...

quote:
Originally posted by Greg Kite for Three!:

Let's keep a little perspective here...we are all sad about what we could be losing more than what we are losing. We are losing a guy that averaged less than 10 points per game and only reached double figure rebounds in 7 out of 80 games. To put that in perspective Joe Smith (playing 6 less minutes a game) accomplished the feat 10 times. How many times did we see Darko miss an easy lay up or take a running out of control hook shot over a much smaller defender? It said a lot when other teams would cover Darko with their small forward sometimes. Sure he had some great moments, but so do a lot of players. We are sad losing what he could be someday, which is a little easier to bear. It has been four years now and everyone is still waiting for Darko to 'turn it on.' Maybe he will maybe he won't, but I'm not ready to give Otis the "Brian Hill" treatment until I see Darko putting up consistent double doubles for some other team.

I understand what you are saying but this is a pattern for the Magic.

We gave up Harpring, Maggette, Ben Wallace, Billups, Boykins, Varejao, Pachulia and others.

Darko will just be another young player that we let slip though our fingers. He may not reach his potential but if he does it won't be with us and it will hurt.

quote:
Originally posted by Drain-O:

I will try to stay positive as well and state that SVG made a pretty darn good power forward in Udonis Haslem who was undrafted...

Maybe they feel the better move is to develop Fran, Gortat, and Augustine then to cave into an unrealistic contract for Darko.

Otis's future is now tied to Darko though. If Darko blows up and is putting up big numbers next year Otis will really look like a huge failure. If Darko never realizes his potential and joins the ranks of overpaid big men then he looks somewhat smart. I say somewhat because they still gave up a 1st rounder this year.

It's true and he really didn't put up numbers all year that would justify 10 mill. If that is what the agent wanted then I understand passing on him. My concern is if we felt like this is what he wanted why didn't we trade him for at least a draft pick? We had to have some sort of read on the situation and what the guy was going to ask for, we should have gotten something out of it.

I just have an empty feeling inside right now because we are very thin up front. We are addressing 1 need in the scoring department but we are losing in another area. I hope we come up with something.

It's sad only a couple of months ago we were talking about who we would not trade Darko for and the names being thrown around were Nocioni and complementary players like that. Now we are getting nothing.