Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Magic have a venting session before practice today. "Keep Hope Alive"!

Just posted from the Sentinel:

quote:
Orlando Magic players and coaches met before practice Tuesday to discuss the slide that has seen the team drop 10 of its past 12 games and fall to 10th in the Eastern Conference standings.

The Magic, who started the season 13-4, are 29-36 after falling to the Bobcats 119-108 in Charlotte, N.C., on Monday night . Only the top eight teams in each conference make the playoffs.

The Magic tried to pick up the pieces this morning, holding a longer-than-usual practice inside the RDV Sportsplex, where talk about recovery was the day's theme.

"Obviously, I'm concerned about the losses we've strung together here," Magic Coach Brian Hill said. "Yet at the same time, we have 17 games to make up a minimum of two."

The meeting served as a venting session for a team struggling to remain in the race for the postseason.

"We talked over a few things as a team," forward Tony Battie said. "Hopefully, it carries over and we'll get out there and do what we need to do. Things were pointed out. Grant [Hill] spoke up. I spoke up. Coach [brian Hill] spoke up.

"Guys were really upset. Not only that, Coach had the film to back up everything he said in the meeting."

Added shooting guard Grant Hill, "We talked about the things we did earlier in the season, the things we've done when we've won. We'll see how it turns out tomorrow."

The Magic might get Battie back soon. He has missed 16 games since fracturing his thumb Feb. 6 in a game against the Milwaukee Bucks. Battie said he is ready to play, but team officials said his status remains a game-time decision.

Call me crazy guys but it ain't over till the fat lady sings. True that. Last night loss was devastating. There's still plenty of time to turn it around. Although I must admit it's getting increasingly shorter.

What's a Magic fan to do? "Keep Hope Alive"!

Maybe Battie coming back will give us a boost. I know, I know I'm reaching for straws here. I can't give up till it's mathematically over.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/basketball/magic/...story?coll=orl-magic

quote:
Orlando Magic players and coaches met before practice Tuesday to discuss the slide that has seen the team drop 10 of its past 12 games and fall to 10th in the Eastern Conference standings.

The Magic, who started the season 13-4, are 29-36 after falling to the Bobcats 119-108 in Charlotte, N.C., on Monday night . Only the top eight teams in each conference make the playoffs.

The Magic tried to pick up the pieces this morning, holding a longer-than-usual practice inside the RDV Sportsplex, where talk about recovery was the day's theme.

"Obviously, I'm concerned about the losses we've strung together here," Magic Coach Brian Hill said. "Yet at the same time, we have 17 games to make up a minimum of two."

The meeting served as a venting session for a team struggling to remain in the race for the postseason.

"We talked over a few things as a team," forward Tony Battie said. "Hopefully, it carries over and we'll get out there and do what we need to do. Things were pointed out. Grant [Hill] spoke up. I spoke up. Coach [brian Hill] spoke up.

"Guys were really upset. Not only that, Coach had the film to back up everything he said in the meeting."

Added shooting guard Grant Hill, "We talked about the things we did earlier in the season, the things we've done when we've won. We'll see how it turns out tomorrow."

The Magic might get Battie back soon. He has missed 16 games since fracturing his thumb Feb. 6 in a game against the Milwaukee Bucks. Battie said he is ready to play, but team officials said his status remains a game-time decision.

Call me crazy guys but it ain't over till the fat lady sings. True that. Last night loss was devastating. There's still plenty of time to turn it around. Although I must admit it's getting increasingly shorter.

Maybe Battie coming back will give us a boost. I know, I know I'm reaching for straws here. I can't give up till it's mathematically over.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/basketball/magic/...story?coll=orl-magic

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

Here, let me translate that for you.

Napoleon: I'm right and you're wrong. Meeting is adjourned.

Thanks, coach.

quote:

And if that happens ...I know I'll start thinking about the summer and next year ...How about you?

Of course it's not over. Now we just have to overcome an even steeper hill. (No pun intended)

We have 17 games left to go 12-5 in order to reach .500, and if things don't shake up soon, then we may never reach there. After watching our PG's play last night very thoroughly, I've concluded that Travis is by far our only true PG, and definitely deserving at least the back up position. He passed the ball every time he got it, and very crisply without causing turnovers. He needs to play BIG minutes, along with J.J.

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

Of course it's not over. Now we just have to overcome an even steeper hill. (No pun intended)

We have 17 games left to go 12-5 in order to reach .500, and if things don't shake up soon, then we may never reach there. After watching our PG's play last night very thoroughly, I've concluded that Travis is by far our only true PG, and definitely deserving at least the back up position. He passed the ball every time he got it, and very crisply without causing turnovers. He needs to play BIG minutes, along with J.J.

Hopefully Brian noticed it and will give the kid a shot. He mentioned in the papers about shaking things up.

"Keep Hope Alive"!

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

Hopefully Brian noticed it and will give the kid a shot. He mentioned in the papers about shaking things up.

"Keep Hope Alive"!

I've been posting a lot about our PG play recently, and I thoroughly agree with both you guys. Problem is, the quote today was something like "I'm gonna take a look at it" or something similar with regards to changing personnel. Very weak with lots of wiggle room, no commitment to anything. I'm still hopeful, but I'd be surprised if he gives Diener meaningful minutes. Probably his idea of a "shake-up" is to start Battie again instead of Darko.

Yeah, this meeting was his shakeup.

We'll see.

I'm personally tired of watching GHill at SG. Its like watching Juwan and Drew playing the 3. Its sickening.

I'm tired of watching Jameer laugh all the time. If he continues this, he should be benched.

I'm sick of Arroyo. BENCH HIM AND NEVER PLAY HIM AGAIN.

This is the 2nd meeting isn't it? How many of these are we gonna do until they figure out that they don't have the right formula out there? GHill IS NOT a SG. Jameer is NOT a leader. Arroyo is NOT a PG.

quote:
This is the 2nd meeting isn't it? How many of these are we gonna do until they figure out that they don't have the right formula out there? GHill IS NOT a SG. Jameer is NOT a leader. Arroyo is NOT a PG.

Agree with most of that. Arroyo's an undersized, change-up 2-guard that can occasionally hit the open man instead of shooting it (like most SGs).

Jameer's leadership is fine, but if he's going to sit at the PG position, he needs to distribute first and look for the shot (much) later.

Grant's definitely not a SG - no argument at all there.

And agreeing with the above point: Travis really is the only pure PG on the roster.

My white flag is about 3/4 up the flag pole so I guess I have a small modicum of hope left. BHill make some changes. I keep hearing you are a defensive coach - that JJ doesn't play because of his defense - well who on this team played defense against the Hornets. We made a mediocre team shoot the ball over 63% by not hustling or challenging their shooters. We have a team who are continually amused when our playoff chances are going down the drain. I was so upset that I finally had to sign the PETITION. BHill must GO. He has shown he is NOT capaple of adjusting his approach of a little Napolean. I don't want to threaten that I will not renew my season tickets but please Otis give us loyal fans a breath of fresh air.

quote:

Will he BJ? Hill has been "thinking" about possible shakeups for the past month at least and I haven't seen anything other than Bogans start the 1 game. I have very serious doubts that Napoleon is capable of shaking things up.