Sign in to follow this  
Ellzolo

NBA Offseason 2013 Thread

So with Bledsoe out of the picture, and us only having one true PG on the roster (in Nelson), where do we go from here? More Moore at PG? Oladipo taking point? What is everyone's thoughts?

Free agents i'd like us to consider for cheap:

PG Darren Collison

PG Rodrigue Beaubois

PG Aaron Brooks

PF Dejuan Blair

C Cole Aldrich

You know the day we can get a starting PG and a good Backup PG will be the day I finally rejoice..after searching for this combination since...... EVER. C'mon Rob.... do what Otis couldnt.

You know the day we can get a starting PG and a good Backup PG will be the day I finally rejoice..after searching for this combination since...... EVER. C'mon Rob.... do what Otis couldnt.

Generally speaking, isn't that asking a bit much? :P

So with Bledsoe out of the picture, and us only having one true PG on the roster (in Nelson), where do we go from here? More Moore at PG? Oladipo taking point? What is everyone's thoughts?

Lamb will probably get backup PG minutes. He's capable.

Well with Bledsoe definitely gone.... we are down to having Nelson and Moore. Last year that combination didnt have time to work through since one or the other had an injury (Nelson missed the most).

Nelson isnt getting any younger and hasnt had a solid season without a injury in some time. A concern.... Yes.

Moore seem to take on the challenge well, but struggled at times with the flow. Got into a groove, then had a nasty injury. Came back to play it out but didnt have that same "pop" like he had... Slight concern

Our PG position has been a sore spot for a long time.

Whats left:

Devin Harris, Jannero Pargo, Marco Belineli, Darren Collinson, Jarret Jack to name a few. I would like to go for some of these guys as a reinsurance.. but it might not fit well into the future plans of next year. Maybe we take a shot in the SL to find that reinsurance PG at a cheaper rate and low risk move.

Could strategically move the team into a position to draft our next franchise PG.

I dont' know if this was talked about, but anyone on here scratching our heads as to why we didn't go after Thomas Robinson. Houston was essentially giving him away (2 2nd round picks and 2 no-name players). I just have to question how and why the Magic didn't just use the TPE with a 2nd round pick. That alone would have been better than what Portland gave considering draft position.

Is Thomas Robinson just not that good? His bruiser's game seems the perfect compliment to Vuc.

I don't think either of the options you mention is too good for the Magic. Hopefully, we get another point guard on the roster.

Well with Bledsoe definitely gone.... we are down to having Nelson and Moore. Last year that combination didnt have time to work through since one or the other had an injury (Nelson missed the most).

Nelson isnt getting any younger and hasnt had a solid season without a injury in some time. A concern.... Yes.

Moore seem to take on the challenge well, but struggled at times with the flow. Got into a groove, then had a nasty injury. Came back to play it out but didnt have that same "pop" like he had... Slight concern

Our PG position has been a sore spot for a long time.

Whats left:

Devin Harris, Jannero Pargo, Marco Belineli, Darren Collinson, Jarret Jack to name a few. I would like to go for some of these guys as a reinsurance.. but it might not fit well into the future plans of next year. Maybe we take a shot in the SL to find that reinsurance PG at a cheaper rate and low risk move.

Could strategically move the team into a position to draft our next franchise PG.

I think it's no secret at this point we're aiming to draft Marcus Smart next year.

I dont' know if this was talked about, but anyone on here scratching our heads as to why we didn't go after Thomas Robinson. Houston was essentially giving him away (2 2nd round picks and 2 no-name players). I just have to question how and why the Magic didn't just use the TPE with a 2nd round pick. That alone would have been better than what Portland gave considering draft position.

Is Thomas Robinson just not that good? His bruiser's game seems the perfect compliment to Vuc.

Not scratching that my GM, who knows way more than me and already has proven he has a good eye for talent, was not interested in Robinson.

I think it's no secret at this point we're aiming to draft Marcus Smart next year.

I don't believe Smart is a given for us in next year's loaded draft.