Sign in to follow this  
Ellzolo

NBA Offseason 2013 Thread

At a record of 19-55, we can forget about the post season. So post any deals you would like (don't necessarily have to be possible). They could be free agents, waivers, trades etc. I'll kick it off. I just read today that Iguodala wants long-term security and will likely opt out for next year. I think Afflalo is good but I wouldn't be devastated if he was to go. If we signed Iguodala, we would obviously have a good shooting guard. He wouldn't be cheap though. He would likely have a paycut from his 15.9million but we would possibly have to get rid of Afflalo for it.

There are obviously very good free agents in 2014 but the ones that excite me the most are Paul George and John Wall (both restricted).

Do you think we could/should make one of those guys an offer their teams wouldn't match?

If we wanted Iggy, we wouldve gotten him in the Dwight trade. I think we'll try to trade Harrington/Hedo/Big Baby, likely will only be able to ship off Baby. Harrington and Turk will be waived if we cant trade him, no way can I see them on this team next year. I'm a little disappointed we'll have to trade away Glen. Believe me, his black hole offense annoys me to death, but he seems to be a great vocal leader/locker room guy. He just doesnt fit on this team anymore, with Tobias and Andrew needing the minutes to develop. Unlike some of you, I dont think we'll trade Afflalo. His contract is reasonable, and I think we may even need it (the cap floor does exist, we'll be shaving off a TON of salary with no Al/Hedo/Glen). Also, if we don't draft a PG I think we sign Beno to a 2 year deal, maybe 3 year with the 3rd year being a Team Option. If we do draft a PG, I think we do a sign&trade with whoever wants him netting us a draft pick or low salary player.