Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

MC says a sign-n-trade is close

Wow, this thread has been crap from the start. From MC's idea that Otis would actually give up JJ when he already has the ability to sign Rashard outright, to anyone's assertion that JJ "won't be anything," choked at Duke despite being the ACC's all-time leading scorer, and isn't a good athlete.

This thread is so filled with falsehoods and ignorant speculation that it should just be locked.

quote:
Originally posted by victorythagr8:

Why people act like J.J is going to be something. He is going to be nothing more of a spot up 3 point shooter. He is undersized, with no athletic ability and is an over hype duke player. JJ potential is very low compared to Darko or Ariza. He is a known choker in his duke days, and get easily shut down by the more athletic defender.

Lol who has no athletic ability???

A man has a 34" vertical leap

Had an outstanding career against top level athletes in college...

Has shown flashes of holding his own in the playoffs when given a chance

OR

You...

quote:
Originally posted by MagicFanBen:

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

Not sure if this report about Hill and the Suns was posted before or after MC's latest, but it might have bearing....

http://orlandomagiczone.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/8891029871/m/4681056204

Good question Live or Die. MC's blog has the time posted at the top. It's 8:50 PM.

Your article was posted at 11:35 PM in the Western Time Zone which would make it approximately 8:35 PM our time.

Interesting....?(lol)

I never know how serious to take these MC threads but they are always entertaining.

Agreed about MC's articles....

Tomorrow should be an interesting day, I think we will get two days worth of info since nothing came out today because of the holiday.

LOL and now he editted the time on the article. That article was not out at 4:43 pm, What you guys will go through to discredit MC lol....

You know what pal, that wasn't necessary. No one was trying to discredit your buddy MC. We were wondering if the article posted on the Arizona paper was newer news than what MC was reporting. Get real.

I really do not see why the Magic would give up JJ when they could sign Rashard outright. It has been reported for weeks that Seattle wants JJ. MC has really not given anyone any new news. I do like reading his stuff and it can be entertaining though.

Rashard and JJ on the floor totally opens things up for Dwight. Expiring contracts and maybe a 1st round pick but that is it. No reason to include anything else.

As for JJ not being athletic give me a break. Watch him run around the court and fight through screens all game and tell me he is not athletic. Even if he was "unathletic" he is such a sniper that everytime he came into a game last year the other team always had a man on him and he was a rookie. This is so important.

Also in unrelated news does anyone else find it funny that Lil Penny talks in the 3rd puppet.

otis i would rather you give ariza than jj. please we really know jj has that shot at sg and we already have our sf in rashard. make them take(all though i dont want to give him up either) ariza along with any combination of arroyo, battie, garrity, draft pick(hopefully not 1st rd. do not let that young man jj ride the pine last year and then trade him. he WILL come back to haunt us.

for those who dont think jj will be great that is fine and i respect your opinion. my question to you then is would you rather have jj starting at sg or ariza coming off the bench at sf? yes he will not start unless moved to a different position. who do you think has more upside jj or ariza? who would be more important to our team a sg that can be deadly from the arch or a sf who is a great slasher? i dont know but i rather have jj in our starting line up and face ariza coming off the bench on another team than face jj coming off the bench for another team and have ariza coming off te bench for us.

Surely Otis cannot be stupid enough to trade JJ. That would put him in the same league as his "buddy", BHill.

quote:
Originally posted by MAGICFAN365:

for those who dont think jj will be great that is fine and i respect your opinion. my question to you then is would you rather have jj starting at sg or ariza coming off the bench at sf? yes he will not start unless moved to a different position. who do you think has more upside jj or ariza? who would be more important to our team a sg that can be deadly from the arch or a sf who is a great slasher? i dont know but i rather have jj in our starting line up and face ariza coming off the bench on another team than face jj coming off the bench for another team and have ariza coming off te bench for us.

The point is that they can have both. They have enough money under the cap to sign Lewis outright. Lewis has already said he will take a 5 year deal if the teams cannot agree on a sign and trade. The Magic have no reason to give up anything of value. No JJ or Ariza. If Otis trades one of those guys when it is unnecessary I think I will start to question his abilities as a general manager as so many have.

Hrmm - I'm hoping we can get Lewis and hang on to JJ at the same time. Don't think I'm alone there: JJ's going to be able to hit that 3pt shot well into his 30s.

Even if he doesn't average 80 points a night, JJ will help the Magic far more than he hurts it. Garrity, Bogans, Battie, etc could all be traded away.

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

Wow, this thread has been crap from the start. From MC's idea that Otis would actually give up JJ when he already has the ability to sign Rashard outright, to anyone's assertion that JJ "won't be anything," choked at Duke despite being the ACC's all-time leading scorer, and isn't a good athlete.

This thread is so filled with falsehoods and ignorant speculation that it should just be locked.

Agreeed..this MC guy is so inaccurate and wrong that I would make posting his thoughts a bannable offense.

why?

Because people get all fired up talking about stuff that is not even close to happening, simply because they believe this guy's drivel.

Still waiting on that magical expiring contract we were going to get from the Bucks. Still waiting on pick #11 from ATL..what happened there?

The good news about these ridiculous posts he makes is that what he says NEVER happens. So we can all safely assume JJ will be back next year.

i understand we can keep both ariza and jj if we sign rashard out right but if it meant we could keep darko i would rather have jj/rashard/darko than rashard/ariza/jj. which is why i said trade ariza instead of jj in the package for rashard and then sign darko.

quote:
Originally posted by Catman:

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

Agreeed..this MC guy is so inaccurate and wrong that I would make posting his thoughts a bannable offense.

why?

Because people get all fired up talking about stuff that is not even close to happening, simply because they believe this guy's drivel.

Still waiting on that magical expiring contract we were going to get from the Bucks. Still waiting on pick #11 from ATL..what happened there?

The good news about these ridiculous posts he makes is that what he says NEVER happens. So we can all safely assume JJ will be back next year.

How ya doing wanna be, keep it up, you are the classic example of someone who was beat as a child.