Sign in to follow this  
Nyce_1

Would you S&T Darko for Mike Miller; then sign Wallace?

quote:
Originally posted by Nyce_1:

quote:
Originally posted by Magic31:

So he's how old now....

And you'd want that over a talented 22 year old center??

FYI, Miller is younger than Lewis; has just as good a shot, and is a way better passer.

This "potential" homerism is getting out of hand.

Rashard Lewis has way more athletic ability than Mike Miller. Even at 27/28 years old, Rashard still has his best years ahead of him. I am not convinced that Mike Miller will be getting much better in the future.

quote:
Hahahahaha

I swear these trade ideas get worse every time one pops up...

Thinkin the same thing. This one's a true classic.

quote:

FYI, Miller is younger than Lewis; has just as good a shot, and is a way better passer.

Nyce, cmon.....

quote:

I'm not one to endorse Darko trades but this one caught my attention on another board.

Darko & Bogans for Mike Miller and Alexander Johnson

I'd only do this if we can also sign Gerald Wallace with our FA money.

We'd still have Arroyo and Garrity's expirings, Turk, and Bogans as trade bait to maybe S&T a big man FA. We, as a team and organization, would definitely be in a good position.

Jameer/Dooling/Arroyo or Diener

Miller/JJ/Ariza

Wallace/Ariza/Turk

Johnson/Battie/Augustine

Dwight/S&T FA/Gortat

Don't kill me on the depth chart; I didn't know what to do, lol. The possiblities are endless.

One word...NO

quote:

quote:

So he's how old now....

NYCE, I really don't know that much about Rashard Lewis as far as his age or otherwise. I only recognize him when his team plays against the Magic. So what I'm basically saying is that I am not here in support of Lewis.

My point is that I have been a Magic fan since the beginning. And I know of what I observed about Mike Miller when he played with the Magic. When he first started playing, he was very good offensively, but he was as bad as Garrity is on defense. He and Pat were rotated in and out of the games for their 3 pt. specialty, and both were good at one time. Then things started going downhill for both of them, and it was very frustrating to watch both of them struggle "throwing up bricks",,,and that is the truth!!!

Now, you talk about some of you doing desperate things if Mike and Pat end up playing together on our team, well all I can say is more power to you.

quote:

quote:

So he's how old now....

I never said I wanted Lewis, I was just saying Darko is younger than Mike Miller and that's the trade right. Darko for Mike...

I said nothing about Lewis.

I don't think the trade proposal is crazy like most of you guys do. I still wouldn't make it, however, simply because I want to see what Darko can do in an offense that would suit his strengths better (in short the Jameer argument). If Darko can become the compliment to Dwight that I really believe he can then he is invaluable to the team and a trade for Miller would look foolish. On the other hand if he doesn't work we would be lucky to get Alexander Johnson for him. Its tempting because Miller is a solid player but I'll pass.

I'll take a double shot of the homerism juice.

Even if this is a fair trade there is that one golden rule that we should always follow...

Don't trade a big for a small...

(I guess it is a fair trade, but the bold text tells us why it shouldn't be done)

Nyce, don't you realize how weak our front court would be with this deal??

We'd have Dwight, Darko, the ball boys and the equipment manager as our roster's frontcourt.

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

Nyce, don't you realize how weak our front court would be with this deal??

We'd have Dwight, Darko, the ball boys and the equipment manager as our roster's frontcourt.

1) Wallace can play in the front court;

2) In my OP, i said the deal was Darko & Bogans for Miller & Alexander Johnson

Miller's pct. stats;

Games - 70

Min. - 39.1

FG - .460

3PT. - .406

FT. - .793

Reb. - 5.4

Ast. -4.3

Blk. - .26

Stl. - .77

TO. - 2.56

PF. - 2.oo

PPG. - 18.5

Not to bad ...

But I still would not trade Darko for him ...

Maybe someone else.

They have to get some value out of Darko, his silence though out the ordeal reflects he is not happy to stay even with the right money. He knows this team is Howard and if Vazquez ever comes he will remain a bench player all his life. He is looking for another team and dont expect too much from him if we keep him. My prediction as I said many times he wants out.