All Eyes On Me

2024 Off-season Thread

1 hour ago, orlandoholic said:

Sixers dropping out of the PG13 race!! 

Now, who says no to this off season?

we draft McCain in the draft

we add PG13 and Hezonja in FA?!

masterclass

That’s very interesting. Maybe they know he is signing an Extension with LA?  

But hopefully it means he is coming here! :)

“ESPN Sources: Free agent G Malik Monk intends to sign a four-year, $78 million deal — including a player option — to return to the Sacramento Kings. Monk had career-bests of 15 points and five assists on his way to the NBA’s Sixth Man of the Year runner-up.”

https://x.com/wojespn/status/1803987986482155933?s=46&t=-aZjPK-cJg6N70XI29LM3Q

18 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

“ESPN Sources: Free agent G Malik Monk intends to sign a four-year, $78 million deal — including a player option — to return to the Sacramento Kings. Monk had career-bests of 15 points and five assists on his way to the NBA’s Sixth Man of the Year runner-up.”

https://x.com/wojespn/status/1803987986482155933?s=46&t=-aZjPK-cJg6N70XI29LM3Q

:( didn’t see this one coming

6 hours ago, MagicMan1979 said:

That’s very interesting. Maybe they know he is signing an Extension with LA?  

But hopefully it means he is coming here! :)

I read somewhere that the Sixers got information that PG13 wouldn’t sign and so they let this info drop.

Maybe PG13 was using the Sixers for leverage. PG did say on a podcast that players talk and the way Harden was treated wasn’t great.. so maybe it’s that. Don’t know

The Caruso- Giddey trade was awesome. Also for us. No picks attached, despite OKC owning an army of picks. 

Mit kinda sets the table for other deals. 

Imo Simons is in that Caruso tier of trades. So if we really were interested in Simons, it can’t be overly costly like if OKC would have attached two picks and Giddey for Caruso

4 hours ago, orlandoholic said:

The Caruso- Giddey trade was awesome. Also for us. No picks attached, despite OKC owning an army of picks. 

Mit kinda sets the table for other deals. 

Imo Simons is in that Caruso tier of trades. So if we really were interested in Simons, it can’t be overly costly like if OKC would have attached two picks and Giddey for Caruso

I would have been thrilled to see Giddy come to Orlando.  Exactly what we need.  

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

:( didn’t see this one coming

That’s somewhat surprising. He would have been a good fit. I thought he would cost more than he got. 

15 hours ago, orlandoholic said:

Hezonja apparently got multiple NBA offers.. I’d definitely go after him for that Ingles role. He’s definitely grown as a person in Europe. He’ll be fine in the NBA!!

He also just signed an extension, 5 years, 12,5m, one of the biggest contracts even given in Europe, to stay for Real Madrid.

Probably includes NBA exit, but I imagine at least after one season.

I don’t think we ever really wanted Monk. He doesn’t fit the front office style or the type of play that we want or need. 

It’s PG13, Tyus, or nothing at this point. Or there’s a trade we don’t see coming. 

“The Warriors are expected to be paying the most in luxury tax for next season. They just paid an estimated $177 million just to miss the playoffs. The biggest thing for sure is the Klay Thompson stuff. At this juncture, I am skeptical there’s really much of a market out there. The Orlando stuff, I’m not so certain about. There’s definite word that the Magic are only going to be willing to offer a two-year balloon payment bigger than what they did for Joe Ingles last year.”
- via Yahoo Sports YouTube interviews