Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

***NEW! OFFICIAL 2024 PLAYOFFS GAME THREAD: ROUND 1: GAME 2, CAVS. VS MAGIC

4 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

There was actually a group of people on this board who did a victory lap when we didn't make a trade at the deadline and kept Markelle Fultz. How's that working out for us? 

Not good. Fultz had some big games/moments for us late in the season that helped us win games. When he plays with confidence he is a contributor. Hes also been a great team leader. So far through two games in these playoffs, though, he looks like a player with zero confidence in his game. It’s disappointing. He got cooked on defense multiple times last night within the first couple of minutes after Suggs went down. Mosley made the right call not bringing him back in. 

I’ll admit that I was happy we didn’t change our roster at the deadline with a move for someone like Murray, and I stand by that. I don’t think he is the player we need long term. Would he help in this series? Sure. More than Fultz for sure. 

I wish Black was developed more during the second half of the year. His confidence always seems high, from the very first minute he stepped on an nba floor. I do think we have good shooters on this team. I don’t think Gary Trent or someone like that would be a huge improvement over Gary Harris for example. We just need to play better offense and make shots. We’ve done it all year. We won almost 50 games this season. That shouldn’t be disregarded because of two bad road playoff games. We’re young. Let’s see how they respond. 

This series has been tough so far. They jumped on us twice both games on the road early and we’ve shot the ball like dog****, and that has been the difference. Our defense is our calling card and it’s been there outside both first quarters. They’ve played well, and we’ve played bad. Let’s see what happens Thursday. I’m not ready to call this season over yet. I think we have some fight left in us, and certainly some shot making. 

9 hours ago, Shine88 said:

It's hard to watch our game and then turn on the Sixers/Knicks game and see what Maxey is doing. You kind of have to ask yourself, do we even have a true starter at the guard position on our roster.

AB

Seeing a lot of people (brain dead morons) with "Paolo exposed"/"just Julius Randle"/"fake all star" takes on social media and from some terrible talking heads in podcasts and stuff. 

Need a win and  huge games from him in games 3 and 4 because I cant bare a whole summer of these takes. 

I’d really really love to beat the hell out of Cleveland on Thursday. The Cavs fans are insufferable, always have been and the trash talk is becoming way too personal toward our guys. Moe and Franz especially, it’s a good thing they’re mild mannered because some of the stuff I’ve seen said to them, I wouldn’t blame them at all for going Artest mode.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, orlandoholic said:

i want answers!! what happened to this man?

https://x.com/hoodifultz/status/1782874507838960097?s=46

used to be a good defender too, and now he was worst defender out there. looked worse than Ingles to be honest 

Hard to believe this was only a year ago and it makes me feel better that I’m not crazy for being super excited about Fultz this season… had no idea this kind of regression was coming. Injuries suck.

22 hours ago, Time2GetSerious said:

If anyone has any credible explanations as to why no move or moves were made at the deadline, please feel free to share. I mean what valid explanation could there possibly be? 

Still evaluating.

Not a lot to say that is different from game 1, except that this time Harris had a very good game (liking him a lot on def too) but we wasted it with a lot of bad performance from other players.

Mosley still too slow adapting  and reacting.

Slow starts have been a problem in regular season too, but now I couldn't accept lack of motivation from such a young group. Didn't liked some of the faces I've seen.

We're predictable and slow as hell. In half court offense and on fastbreak too.

6 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Jalen Suggs is currently on the injury report as day to day. 

No surprise. I’m sure he’s sore and that injury looked brutal. I couldn’t believe he came in for the second half. Hopefully he can give it a go, tomorrow night is pretty much a must win 

Agreed, if being at home doesn’t help our rhythm and shooting woes, we def won’t be able to win 4 in a row after a Game 3 loss.

Game 2’s 1st quarter 30-18 showing is what determined the loss.. we need to come out firing in the first! Quit effin around and hit some shots!