Sign in to follow this  
CTMagicUK

2024 NBA Playoff Thread

"The Phoenix Suns have acquired forwards Kevin Durant and T.J. Warren from the Brooklyn Nets in a four-team trade with the Milwaukee Bucks and Indiana Pacers. Brooklyn receives forwards Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, multiple first-round picks (2023, 2025, 2027 and 2029) and a first-round pick swap in 2028 from Phoenix, as well as second-round picks from Milwaukee, in the exchange."

https://www.nba.com/news/suns-nets-kevin-durant-trade#

First, it was crazy for the Suns to give up that much for a mid-thirty year-old player who has a serious injury history. If I'm the Suns, I'm trying to trade Durant and recoup some value for him there from a team that's close. I'd especially look at getting a young star who could grow with Booker. Not sure who that may be, but I think that's there only logical path forward. 

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

Why would you tank when you don't have your own picks? 

They have to try and win.  

I didn’t say they’d tank.. 

They could trade KD to the Pelicans. 

NO get KD 

SUNS get Ingram, Daniels, Hawkins

If they’d opt to shop Booker, they’d easily get a massive package

ATL get Booker

SUNS get T. Young, Okonkwo, J. Johnson

i think that’s just two trades, that shows you they can easily rest their team. 
Only Beals contract would be considered bad…

Its not a bad situation as people are making it 

26 minutes ago, orlandoholic said:

I didn’t say they’d tank.. 

They could trade KD to the Pelicans. 

NO get KD 

SUNS get Ingram, Daniels, Hawkins

If they’d opt to shop Booker, they’d easily get a massive package

ATL get Booker

SUNS get T. Young, Okonkwo, J. Johnson

i think that’s just two trades, that shows you they can easily rest their team. 
Only Beals contract would be considered bad…

Its not a bad situation as people are making it 

I don’t think KD has nearly as much value as people think he does, at least that’s my opinion. He’s old, bad injury history, reputation for checking out and bailing on contracts, and a ton of miles on the tires. He hasn’t really been the Kevin Durant of old for like 3 years now. LeBron has everybody tainted that these guys all play forever without falling off. KD ain’t built like that.

Also, “only Beals contract would be considered bad…” doesn’t put it into enough context how bad it is. It’s by far the worst contract in the league right now with virtually no outs and $50+ million committed over the next 3 seasons to a guy that by all accounts is done for… and he’s got a no trade clause too!

I think the Suns would consider a reset button by trading Booker and regaining draft capital, even if it’s not their own. We also have secondary pick swaps rights with them and Washington in 2026 that I’m sure they’d love back. Like I said before, I don’t expect it to happen, but it wouldn’t surprise me if Booker demanded his way out.

I'm with CT here, they're not going to blow it up (unless another crazy player request happen), they have to try it at least another season after the all-in moves they made. Don't forget that their season has been injury plagued as hell - not enough time to make it work in playoffs. Even if they had that time and played enough together, a legit question is if they were able to contend. The Beal-Booker pairing has been questionable at least since the trade was made.

2 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Good grief I mean I know that the "player pool" is smaller because it's the playoffs, but we have THREE people on that list.  I love our defense!

2 minutes ago, Crazyhorse81 said:

Good grief I mean I know that the "player pool" is smaller because it's the playoffs, but we have THREE people on that list.  I love our defense!

incredible my friend. Hope you are good?

watching Heat vs Celtics 

Porzi just went down with a injury.. looks serious.. for his sake hope it isnt... but...

if we get past the Cavs and play them and Porzi is out for the series.. 

We are making the East finals minimum!!!

23 minutes ago, Jamesdin said:

Mo Wagner? that isn't his calling card but I like it.

definitely 

6 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

stars are aligning. hopefully we go deep this year in preparation for more championship. a man can only dream right?